Post music videos you like here

Robbie Williams | Party Like A Russian (Official Video)

I love both the tune, the clever lyrics and the great video that goes along with it... The inspiration for the song was a massive and ostentatious party held by a Russian oligarch, where Robbie Williams performed.

I went to a university with quite a few Russian exchange students, and some of them ran in this crowd.

Last edited:

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
I like this video.... it does a good job of telling a story that can be interpreted a few different ways

The top YouTube comment:
I think the woman is his wife, and the younger girl is his wife many years ago. During the party, he's thinking about when he fell in Love with his wife so many years ago. Their connection is now much more stagnant and planned out. He misses their old, free spirited relationship. He doesn't want the old her to slip away. He's still the spontaneous playful type he used to be, but she's becoming too serious. I Love this video because it speaks of a very true progression of most relationships. Never lose sight of what drew you and your partner together in the first place.

Others in the comment section seem to think it the young woman in the video could represent a previous lover who was more free spirited and fun that he had a fling with before meeting his wife

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
I like this video.... it does a good job of telling a story that can be interpreted a few different ways

The top YouTube comment:
I think the woman is his wife, and the younger girl is his wife many years ago. During the party, he's thinking about when he fell in Love with his wife so many years ago. Their connection is now much more stagnant and planned out. He misses their old, free spirited relationship. He doesn't want the old her to slip away. He's still the spontaneous playful type he used to be, but she's becoming too serious. I Love this video because it speaks of a very true progression of most relationships. Never lose sight of what drew you and your partner together in the first place.

Others in the comment section seem to think it the young woman in the video could represent a previous lover who was more free spirited and fun that he had a fling with before meeting his wife

Another song from Rhye that has a brief cameo of the couple in the video above....

From the YouTube comments:
Given that the "parents" at the end are the same couple in "The Fall" video what is clear is that at whatever stage in life we are, we want what someone else, at some other stage, has. The girl in the video wants a certain level of commitment and attention from her boyfriend who seems to be emotionally detached from her. She sees the couple and their "perfect" family life and longs for that. Yet little does she know that the husband is fed up of his wife, She has become dull and boring while he retains a sense of youthfulness - and guess what? He longs to be at the stage the girl in the Open video is in. Neither are satisfied with their current situation - such is the human condition. We always want what's ahead - or we long for what we had.

2845365.jpg

I've always liked this video because of the giant red pills it contains:

Amy Winehouse - Stronger than Me.

Examples of red pills:
- "you should be stronger than me" - this one is obvious. She wants her man to be both physically and mentally better than her.
- "you've been here 7 years longer than me" - women like older men.
- "you always want to talk it through; I don't care" - when a woman drops a shit test on you, talking is not the solution.
- "I always have to comfort you" - a woman is not your emotional tampon. She doesn't care about your problems. She wants a man who solves them himself.
- "why do you always put me in control? All I need is for my man to live up to his role" - women want a leader. they want to follow a strong man.

Stadtaffe

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Rock Star, by Nickelback:
It's the song, maybe the lyrics but is using so many ordinary folks to animate it.

Sharp Dressed Man, ZZ Top :