Prayer Thread

Virginiahousewife

Sparrow
Woman
Catholic
Hello All,

I thought it would be nice to start a prayer thread to help support each other. Let’s share our intentions and lift each other up in prayer.

If you could please pray that God will bless us with another child and that my husband will find a job, he was recently laid off.

How may I pray for you? ✝️

messaggera

Pelican
Woman
Other Christian
Save, O Lord, and have mercy on the Russian Land and her Orthodox people both in the homeland and in the diaspora, this land and its authorities.

The Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church stressed that everything must be done to “conciliate and pacify hearts so that the enemy of the human race does not manage to destroy our spiritual unity, around which the religious and cultural life of our united people – Russians and Ukrainians was formed.

In conclusion, he emphasized that the Church would not follow the path “to which we are called upon, provoking the involvement of the Church in the conflict.”

Last edited:

messaggera

Pelican
Woman
Other Christian
Attendees will be needing prayers this day:

Orthodox Christian for Life via

Orthodox Christians for Life is coordinating the second annual National Orthodox Baby Shower this month, coinciding with the Feast of the Annunciation on March 25.

Over 30 parishes have signed up to participate so far, up from eight parishes that participated last year. Each parish will connect with a local pregnancy resource center (PRC) to find out their material needs for mothers in crisis pregnancies, and then hold a drive for those items on the weekends surrounding the Feast of the Annunciation.

Feast of the Annunciation on 25 March 2022.

messaggera

Pelican
Woman
Other Christian
st nicholas .jpg
Save, O Lord, and have mercy on the aged and the young, the poor and the orphans and widows, and those in sickness and sorrow, misfortune and tribulation, those in difficult circumstances and in captivity, in prisons and dungeons, and especially those of Thy servants who are persecuted for Thy sake and the Orthodox Faith by godless peoples, by apostates and by heretics; and remember them, visit, strengthen, comfort, and by Thy power quickly grant them relief freedom, and deliverance. Amen.

Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy.

O Lord Jesus Christ our God, forgive our iniquities. Through the intercessions of Thy Most pure Mother, save the suffering Russian, Ukraine, and American people from the yoke of the godless authority. Amen.

Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy.

Pray unto God, O holy Godpleaser St. Nicolas, for I fervently flee unto Thee, the speedy helper and intercession for our nation leaders.

Atlas Shrugged

Woodpecker
Woman
Protestant
Please pray for my friend. She is being spiritually attacked. It happens between 3-3:30am and the way she describes it, it sounds like sleep paralysis but bad sleep paralysis. She can’t even call out to Jesus. I’m getting as many people to pray for her as possible. She did say this all started when new neighbors on both sides of her moved in. They could be bad people. Who knows. Please pray. Thank you.

messaggera

Pelican
Woman
Other Christian
SaveScreen Shot 2022-04-06 at 10.02.30 AM.png, O Lord, and have mercy on the holy Eastern Orthodox patriarchs, most reverend metropolitans, Orthodox archbishops and bishops, and all the priestly and monastic order, and all who serve in the Church, whom Thou has appointed to shepard Thy rational flock, and through their prayers have mercy on us sinners.

Save, O Lord and have mercy on the aged and the young, the poor and the orphans and widows, and those in sickness and sorrow, misfortune and tribulation, those in difficult circumstances and in captivity, in prisons and dungeons, and especially those of Thy servants who are persecuted for Thy sake and the Orthodox Faith by godless peoples, by apostates, and by heretics; and remember them, visit strengthen, comfort, and by Thy power quickly grant them relief, refeedom, and deliverance.

Illumine with the light of awareness the apostates from the Orthodox Faith, and those blinded by pernicious heresies,
and number them with Thy Holy, Apostolic, Catholic Church.

messaggera

Pelican
Woman
Other Christian
A prayer for Christians - Saint Basil:

Enlighten the eyes of our understanding and raise up our mind from the heavy sleep of indolence; open our mouth and fill it with Thy praise, that we may be able steadily to hymn and confess Thee, who are God glorified in all and by all, the unoriginate Father, with Thine Only-begotten Son, and Thine all-holy and good and life creating Spirit, now and ever, and onto the ages of ages. Amen

Kitty Tantrum

Kingfisher
Woman
Catholic
Bumping to request prayers for speedy healing for my 6 month old nephew. He managed to wriggle himself up and out of a high chair at the exact moment his dad turned away for few seconds, and has a small skull fracture.

(He is receiving good care and seems fine, happy, alert, etc. so far - doctors didn't even think they would find anything aside from the bruise but did a scan to be safe.)

Also prayers of comfort for my brother-in-law, who naturally feels horrible about it. I can't even imagine. :sad: