Predicitons for Democrat candidate in 2020?

Latan

Pelican
The more I think about it, the less I think Biden will face Trump.
He is seen as a senile demented creeper, by the right AND the left.

To me, he's going to be replaced by a last minute candidate.
One who isn't able to do the presidency run for a long time without collapsing, out of physical exhaustion.
My cristal ball says there's a high chance Hillary is coming back to replace Biden.

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Latan said:

One who isn't able to do the presidency run for a long time without collapsing, out of physical exhaustion.
My cristal ball says there's a high chance Hillary is coming back to replace Biden.
You are dramatically underestimating just how difficult it would be to do that:

(1) Biden would need to agree. Have you ever seen just how stubborn someone with dementia can be? They often believe there is nothing wrong with them. And the presidency is Biden's life-long dream. He would likely step aside only if physically incapacitated.

(2) Sanders would also need to agree. By votes, he is the next in line as the presumptive candidate. Unless the TPTB have Sander's blessing, they would lose all the Bernie Bros. If Sanders fights, it would likely create massive party infighting not seen since 1968.

(3) The radical progressive movement would likely never accept Hillary. She is seen as damaged goods. She is also seen as a tool of the establishment and Wall Street, which is true. She also has her own health issues.

The Democratic Party made its decision and it must now must accept the consequences.

Athanasius

Kingfisher
Barry had two big things Newsom doesn't-- (a) First Black President and (b) He brought out a huge black vote which is critical. Newsom can win just like any D with or without a pulse can win as the demographic climate worsens, and he's exactly the type of slickster the oligarchs will rally behind. But I don't think he's a great candidate.

As for Biden, this Covid stuff has conveniently supplanted him from the news, keeping his growing senility on the sidelines.

Peacock
Gold Member
Tail Gunner said:
Latan said:

You are dramatically underestimating just how difficult it would be to do that:

(1) Biden would need to agree. Have you ever seen just how stubborn someone with dementia can be? They often believe there is nothing wrong with them. And the presidency is Biden's life-long dream. He would likely step aside only if physically incapacitated.

(2) Sanders would also need to agree. By votes, he is the next in line as the presumptive candidate. Unless the TPTB have Sander's blessing, they would lose all the Bernie Bros. If Sanders fights, it would likely create massive party infighting not seen since 1968.

(3) The radical progressive movement would likely never accept Hillary. She is seen as damaged goods. She is also seen as a tool of the establishment and Wall Street, which is true. She also has her own health issues.

The Democratic Party made its decision and it must now must accept the consequences.

(1) Biden is a highly compromised pedophile and highly corrupt politician, and a very lazy and sloppy one at that. He will do as told or they can put him and his sons away.

(2) Sanders is a total wimp and a sellout, Hilary and the DNC raped him repeatedly in 2016 and he did nothing, worse, he endorsed her. He even turned down Tulsi's endorsement, that's why she endorsed Biden. He is really there just to herd the cats into the DNC. Besides, he lost badly, Dwms didn't have to cheat as bad as they did in 2016 to beat him, he has no claim to the nom.

(3) Agree, Hilary is washed out. Doesn't matter what the radical left thinks, they're not in charge, just there for garnish and for advancing certain agendas like identity politics in order to keep minorities in teh plantation.

Joe is going to exit stage left this Summer.

Peacock
Gold Member
Athanasius said:
Barry had two big things Newsom doesn't-- (a) First Black President and (b) He brought out a huge black vote which is critical. Newsom can win just like any D with or without a pulse can win as the demographic climate worsens, and he's exactly the type of slickster the oligarchs will rally behind. But I don't think he's a great candidate.

As for Biden, this Covid stuff has conveniently supplanted him from the news, keeping his growing senility on the sidelines.
Right, Newsom is a bit hollow as a candidate, not much substance to him beyond his good looks, kind of like Trudeau or Macron. He's just the SF/LA establishment guy, Getty's boy. I don't think he has that much midwestern appeal, too slick and too close to people like Pelosi.

C-Note

Ostrich
Gold Member
The African-American vote participation was low for Hillary in 2016, but they were turning out in big numbers for Biden in the primaries before the Wuhan virus shutdown. Of course the Democratic establishment took notice of that, so they'll likely stick with a senile Biden even if he has a low chance of winning, because a large African-American turnout will help keep them from losing their House majority (or so they think).

However, I think there is a faction in the Democratic party who are keeping their options open in replacing Biden at the last minute if the stars align. There are a number of reasons for it, but for one they know that if Trump is re-elected he probably will get a chance to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the SCOTUS, plus all the other vacant judgeships, and that will make the US federal court system basically constitutionalist (conservative) for the next 20-30 years.

Transsimian

Ostrich
Gold Member
Newsom is 800:1 on betfair right now.
Cuomo is 60:1

I don't think Cuomo is twelve times more likely to get the nomination.

If Biden steps down over his age, the dem establishment would pick someone young-looking and vibrant, Newsom looks far more younger than ten years.

In normal circumstances he'd be wise to wait until 2024, but since his popularity is surging due to Corona, he might strike while the iron is hot.
That, and it'll avoid any chance of running against Trump Jnr with his ex-wife.

Peacock
Gold Member
Trump Jr or all other Trump progeny have no chance at the presidency. Ivanka in particular should stay out of politics altogether, and Jared should be arrested for fraud, like his dad.

Deepdiver

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Creepy Sleepy Uncle Joe has the nomination it is cooked and done.

He however needs some serious Moxy, Barry' and Bernie's endorsements were Moxy lite.

He needs a VP that will make the Barry and Bernie bros aroused will exciting all the Barry and Bernie sistas to get off their ample big butts to go and vote.

So who is the Female Obama who will make all the Barry and Bernie banglers holla...

The bishe with enough moxie and that's Kamala.

If Old Joe has half a wit left he picks Kamala to make the DNC holla... Everyone from the Bernie bros to the Den Squad hoes will Holla for Kamala... As his VP as she will innoculate him from a lot of the #metoo sentiment.

###

Deepdiver

Hummingbird
Gold Member
911 said:
Trump Jr or all other Trump progeny have no chance at the presidency. Ivanka in particular should stay out of politics altogether, and Jared should be arrested for fraud, like his dad.
Delusional thinking there... Don Jr. carries a lot of sway with the NRA and the NRA carries a lot of sway with MAGA USA.

The NRA will fight the Bloomberg biased Media and DNC Marxists gun grabbers aggressively and Don Jr will be a welcome future Whitehouse ally.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Meh. By 2024 anyone white, male and CIS will be politically irrelevant, as will the entire GOP.

Charlie Kirk is the new face of the GOP, as promoted by Trump himself.

The correct response in relation to who will follow Trump is "who cares?" Maybe it will be Lady Maga himself.

By 2024 it will be an out and out decision of which brand of luciferian sodomite you want to throw your support behind. People will unironically rally for the lesser luciferian sodomites that promise to not to take anyone's guns.

Peacock
Gold Member
Don Jr. lacks his father's charisma and political skills. As well Trump was able to overcome his billionaire status by posing as a maverick outsider, but it's a bit harder for his son to take on that mantle given that he has had everything handed to him, especially among Rust Belt voters.

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
911 said:
Don Jr. lacks his father's charisma and political skills. As well Trump was able to overcome his billionaire status by posing as a maverick outsider, but it's a bit harder for his son to take on that mantle given that he has had everything handed to him, especially among Rust Belt voters.
What are you talking about? Trump has no real charisma. "Charisma" is defined as "compelling attractiveness or charm." Trump has the charm of a rock. In fact, Trump's lack of charisma is what makes him so popular. Voters do not want Slick Willy. They want someone who will try to do the right thing, even if he cannot always succeed. Women want charisma and safety. Men want liberty, promises fulfilled, and goal achievement.

Trump is the opposite of charisma. He alienates people. His personal style even alienates people like me, who support him. He wins by utilizing a straight-shooter common-sense every-day-man can-do attitude -- implicitly contrasting himself against decades of lying, thieving bastards.

And President Trump inherited hundreds of millions of dollars from his father. He simply built upon a vast family fortune. Can his sons eventually build on his own legacy? Possibly. Certainly not in four years. Personally, I would rather not see another political dynasty -- unless we have no choice.

scorpion

Ostrich
Gold Member
Don Jr. is definitely not Presidential material (at least not yet, but probably not ever). I'm not sure where he has his official residency, but he could be competitive in a Gubernatorial or Congressional race in many states. This would be a better angle for him if he wants to remain relevant in politics and perhaps someday run for President himself. The problem is he literally has zero qualifications himself at this point. He needs to prove himself and step out of his father's shadow if he is going to be taken seriously as his own man.

Peacock
Gold Member
Tail Gunner said:
911 said:
What are you talking about? Trump has no real charisma. "Charisma" is defined as "compelling attractiveness or charm." Trump has the charm of a rock. In fact, Trump's lack of charisma is what makes him so popular. Voters do not want Slick Willy. They want someone who will try to do the right thing, even if he cannot always succeed. Women want charisma and safety. Men want liberty, promises fulfilled, and goal achievement.

Trump is the opposite of charisma. He alienates people. His personal style even alienates people like me, who support him. He wins by utilizing a straight-shooter common-sense every-day-man can-do attitude -- implicitly contrasting himself against decades of lying, thieving bastards.

And President Trump inherited hundreds of millions of dollars from his father. He simply built upon a vast family fortune. Can his sons eventually build on his own legacy? Possibly. Certainly not in four years. Personally, I would rather not see another political dynasty -- unless we have no choice.
You're getting a bit pedantic here, "charisma" means

presence
aura
personality
force of personality
strength of character
individuality
magnetism
animal magnetism
drawing power
attractiveness
appeal
allure
pull

Trump clearly has these qualities in droves, one of the reasons he was able to slay the Rep establishment and rise up to the presidency. Don Jr doesn't have much of that going - nowhere near the gravitas, presence or pull his father has.

He would need to establish his own brand the way his father did. As well, if he has genuine antiestablishment and grassroots conservative credentials, he will be crushed by Rep establishment coalescing early towards a ZOG approved candidate like Nikki Haiey or Tom Cotton, the same way the DNC took out Bernie before Super Tuesday.

He would have to be a very strong candidate to fight this, the way his father did. He doesn't inspire that kind of confidence right now. I could see on the other hand Tucker totally obliterating the field, even harder than Trump did, he has the kind of intellect, personality and savvy to do this.

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
911 said:
Tail Gunner said:
911 said:

You're getting a bit pedantic here, "charisma" means

presence
aura
personality
force of personality
strength of character
individuality
magnetism
animal magnetism
drawing power
attractiveness
appeal
allure
pull

Trump clearly has these qualities in droves, one of the reasons he was able to slay the Rep establishment and rise up to the presidency.
I cited a definition. You cited synonyms. As such, you changed the conversation.

You originally used the word "charisma," not me. Typical deflecting tactic.

The voters elected Trump because he was perceived as a leader and an outsider who could get things accomplished, not because he has charisma, attractiveness, or magnetism. In fact, he is the exact opposite. He is the gruff old-school hands-on bureaucracy slayer. Obviously, he has the "force of personality" to get things accomplished. But charisma? Fuhgetaboutit.