Predicitons for Democrat candidate in 2020?

Peacock
Gold Member
Tail Gunner said:
911 said:
Tail Gunner said:
911 said:
Don Jr. lacks his father's charisma and political skills. As well Trump was able to overcome his billionaire status by posing as a maverick outsider, but it's a bit harder for his son to take on that mantle given that he has had everything handed to him, especially among Rust Belt voters.
What are you talking about? Trump has no real charisma. "Charisma" is defined as "compelling attractiveness or charm." Trump has the charm of a rock. In fact, Trump's lack of charisma is what makes him so popular. Voters do not want Slick Willy. They want someone who will try to do the right thing, even if he cannot always succeed. Women want charisma and safety. Men want liberty, promises fulfilled, and goal achievement.

Trump is the opposite of charisma. He alienates people. His personal style even alienates people like me, who support him. He wins by utilizing a straight-shooter common-sense every-day-man can-do attitude -- implicitly contrasting himself against decades of lying, thieving bastards.

And President Trump inherited hundreds of millions of dollars from his father. He simply built upon a vast family fortune. Can his sons eventually build on his own legacy? Possibly. Certainly not in four years. Personally, I would rather not see another political dynasty -- unless we have no choice.
You're getting a bit pedantic here, "charisma" means

presence
aura
personality
force of personality
strength of character
individuality
magnetism
animal magnetism
drawing power
attractiveness
appeal
allure
pull

Trump clearly has these qualities in droves, one of the reasons he was able to slay the Rep establishment and rise up to the presidency.
I cited a definition. You cited synonyms. As such, you changed the conversation.

You originally used the word "charisma," not me. Typical deflecting tactic.

The voters elected Trump because he was perceived as a leader and an outsider who could get things accomplished, not because he has charisma, attractiveness, or magnetism. In fact, he is the exact opposite. He is the gruff old-school hands-on bureaucracy slayer. Obviously, he has the "force of personality" to get things accomplished. But charisma? Fuhgetaboutit.
Getting overly pedantic here. Your definition equating charisma with charm is very narrow.

Meriam-Webster's main definition of charisma:

Definition of charisma

1 : a personal magic of leadership arousing special popular loyalty or enthusiasm for a public figure (such as a political leader)
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/charisma

Cambridge dictionary:

a special power that some people have naturally that makes them able to influence other people and attract their attention and admiration
Dictionary.com:

a spiritual power or personal quality that gives an individual influence or authority over large numbers of people.

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
911 said:
Tail Gunner said:
911 said:
Tail Gunner said:
911 said:
Don Jr. lacks his father's charisma and political skills. As well Trump was able to overcome his billionaire status by posing as a maverick outsider, but it's a bit harder for his son to take on that mantle given that he has had everything handed to him, especially among Rust Belt voters.
What are you talking about? Trump has no real charisma. "Charisma" is defined as "compelling attractiveness or charm." Trump has the charm of a rock. In fact, Trump's lack of charisma is what makes him so popular. Voters do not want Slick Willy. They want someone who will try to do the right thing, even if he cannot always succeed. Women want charisma and safety. Men want liberty, promises fulfilled, and goal achievement.

Trump is the opposite of charisma. He alienates people. His personal style even alienates people like me, who support him. He wins by utilizing a straight-shooter common-sense every-day-man can-do attitude -- implicitly contrasting himself against decades of lying, thieving bastards.

And President Trump inherited hundreds of millions of dollars from his father. He simply built upon a vast family fortune. Can his sons eventually build on his own legacy? Possibly. Certainly not in four years. Personally, I would rather not see another political dynasty -- unless we have no choice.

presence
aura
personality
force of personality
strength of character
individuality
magnetism
animal magnetism
drawing power
attractiveness
appeal
allure
pull

Trump clearly has these qualities in droves, one of the reasons he was able to slay the Rep establishment and rise up to the presidency.
I cited a definition. You cited synonyms. As such, you changed the conversation.

The voters elected Trump because he was perceived as a leader and an outsider who could get things accomplished, not because he has charisma, attractiveness, or magnetism. In fact, he is the exact opposite. He is the gruff old-school hands-on bureaucracy slayer. Obviously, he has the "force of personality" to get things accomplished. But charisma? Fuhgetaboutit.
Getting overly pedantic here. Your definition equating charisma with charm is very narrow.

Definition of charisma

1 : a personal magic of leadership arousing special popular loyalty or enthusiasm for a public figure (such as a political leader)

Cambridge dictionary:

a special power that some people have naturally that makes them able to influence other people and attract their attention and admiration
Dictionary.com:

a spiritual power or personal quality that gives an individual influence or authority over large numbers of people.
Thanks for proving my point and agreeing with me. That only took all morning. Trump obtained a following through what he accomplished, and what people believe that he will accomplish in the future, not by "personal magic" or "special power."

You confuse Trump's leadership style of accomplishments with people who talk a good game (by use of charisma), but who accomplish nothing.

Peacock
Gold Member
False dialectic, but even then, you're still proving my basic point about Don Jr, because he is precisely the kind of guy who hasn't accomplished much.

No need to further derail this thread.

scorpion said:
Newsom will be extremely formidable in 2024. Not only will he be just the right age then, but he has a million-dollar look, legitimate executive experience, a decent amount of charisma, a beautiful young family to pose with and is progressive enough that the hard left will probably overlook the fact that he is a straight, while male. The media will also obviously be strongly behind him (he will be sold as the next Kennedy). If he manages to capture both the DNC voters as well as a large contingent of the Bernie crowd I expect him to walk away with the nomination.

Newsom knows he is sitting in the catbird seat for the 2024 nomination, which is why he has absolutely nothing to gain by trying to slip into Joe Biden's spot. Cuomo, on the other hand, must recognize that Newsom is positioned more strongly than himself for 2024, and that his best shot at winning the Presidency might be as an 11th hour replacement for Joe Biden. It's not a bad gamble for him at this point. He will have a very legitimate shot at winning and will have managed to bypass 90% of the bullshit associated with running for President. If he is actually offered Biden's spot (which I still don't think will happen - the Dems view it as too risky - it signals their pure desperation and makes them look like idiots for pushing Biden this far to begin with) then I expect him to take it. I certainly would in his position. He has very little to lose (a possible 2024 nomination which could only happen after a grueling and expensive primary battle against a very strong opponent) and everything to gain (a chance at being President coming immediately after your finest hour as a leader running against the most controversial President of all time).
Presidential top-runners are pre-selected a long time in advance by people who vet the individuals far better, know how they will work on the public. Some people talked about Obama as a future president back in the 1990s. His personality profile was ready even then, they just waited until it was his time.

Trump will likely win this election - the democrats probably won't feel like having the presidency during the greatest depression ever anyway. Better get in a new star for 8 years after that while pushing through the new New Deal and many other changes to the New Normal gulag-USA.

Easy_C

Crow
One thing you can see is hurting them is that they very clearly didn’t have any good to go groomed candidate ready.

They tried push Buttman out the door but he simply wasn’t ready for prime time yet.

Thomas More

Hummingbird
Tail Gunner said:
911 said:
Tail Gunner said:
911 said:
Tail Gunner said:

presence
aura
personality
force of personality
strength of character
individuality
magnetism
animal magnetism
drawing power
attractiveness
appeal
allure
pull

Definition of charisma

Cambridge dictionary:

Dictionary.com:

Thanks for proving my point and agreeing with me. That only took all morning. Trump obtained a following through what he accomplished, and what people believe that he will accomplish in the future, not by "personal magic" or "special power."

You confuse Trump's leadership style of accomplishments with people who talk a good game (by use of charisma), but who accomplish nothing.
Trump obviously has charisma. That's why he's been a famous personality for a good 40 years. If he didn't have so much personality, he'd just be a rich NYC real estate developer, of which there are many.

No, he is not some anonymous rich guy. He is the kind of guy sought out for decades as the guest for talk shows. He's sought out for cameos in TV shows and movies. People like Don King, Al Sharpton, and Bill and Hillary want to have their picture taken with him. He gets developed as a color character on WWF with Vince McMahon.

He developed a TV reality show that millions of people were attracted to watch. That means he is attractive in the charismatic sense.

He charmed the republican electorate into voting for him to be president. He's known for always going out of his way to greet ordinary people, like the kitchen workers at restaurants where he eats, or the construction workers on his projects. He's a very outgoing people person. People come by the 10,000s to hear him speak, and are willing to stand in line all day for the chance.

You have some sort of weird bias to be unable to recognize this as charisma.

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
RoastBeefCurtains4Me said:
Tail Gunner said:
911 said:
Tail Gunner said:
911 said:

presence
aura
personality
force of personality
strength of character
individuality
magnetism
animal magnetism
drawing power
attractiveness
appeal
allure
pull

Definition of charisma

Cambridge dictionary:

Dictionary.com:

Trump obviously has charisma.

You confuse charisma with showmanship. Trump is the ultimate showman. His whole life screams showman. But that is not charisma.

Charismatic individuals express their feelings spontaneously and genuinely. This allows them to affect the moods and emotions of others. We all know charismatic people who seem to "light up the room" when they enter. That is not Trump. He is like a bull in a china shop.

A showman cries for attention and has something to show to the world when he gets it. A showman needs to have an element of the visionary about him. He needs to present himself as someone who understands the workings of the world and preferably has a solution for how to change things -- perhaps to change even the world itself. That is Trump.

By way of an historical example, Hitler was both charismatic and a showman. He was also an autodidact and had a voluminous photographic memory. That is a package that is extremely rare. His rise to power was not an aberration, but a sheer force of will. Even then, it took an economic depression for people to accept his vision. But when given the opportunity, he quickly produced results.

Clinton and Obama were charismatic, but they were not showmen. And they accomplished little. Let's face it, the average blue-collar Republican male will not respond well to men who express their feelings spontaneously and genuinely to make emotional connections with others. That is a condition to which women fall prey. Men want action, not words. Not "I feel your pain." Men want action. That is Trump -- the showman who takes action.

Wutang

Hummingbird
Gold Member
RoastBeefCurtains4Me said:
Tail Gunner said:
911 said:
Tail Gunner said:
911 said:

presence
aura
personality
force of personality
strength of character
individuality
magnetism
animal magnetism
drawing power
attractiveness
appeal
allure
pull

Definition of charisma

Cambridge dictionary:

Dictionary.com:

My guess is that Tail Gunner defines charisma with silver tongued used car-salesman hucksterism or feminine charm - which is seen as warm at it's best and sneaky and underhanded at it's worse. Hence why he associates it Obama. Trump doesn't have the same fatherly warmth and is brash and loud. I think most people would say those are two different styles of charisma but for some reason Tail seem to have a bias where Trump's style of charisma isn't seen as true charisma.

As for Trump's accomplishments if he didn't have the charisma he did then most of us would have never heard of what he has done - unless we closely followed real estate developers. You'll reply that this is showmanship rather than charisma but I would counter by saying how can you have showmanship without charisma? A showman is able to get people to listen to his vision because he has the charm to draw people in. The whole reason someone like Trump could get his ideas about immigration through to so many people while someone Pat Buccahan couldn't is because the former has charisma and the ability to express these ideas in a way that would draw in millions of people. A person simply cannot be a successful showman without having charisma. Look at Bloomberg. He's more wealthy and more accomplished than Trump in the business world but his lack of any sort of charisma means he never had the sort of celebrity that Trump did. He doesn't have charisma to show off his accomplishments and get people to care about them in the same way Trump has.

Tail Gunner seem to have a really unusual and narrow definition of charisma where it has to involve empathy and understanding people feelings. I don't see how these traits are supposed to be an essential element of charisma. A common way I've seen certain serial killers and sociopaths described is that they are charismatic but are devoid of any sort of empathy and ability to really feel for other people.

CynicalContrarian

Peacock
Gold Member
The first I've heard of this. Even though the article was released on 2nd April 2017.
If true, I can see it now.
The Deluded Democrats will simply state it is racist to point out that Michael may not be eligible... :

Michelle Obama Just Tried To Register To Run For President But Was DENIED!

Michelle Obama tried to register to run for President in 2020 with the Secretary of State’s office this morning, the first step on a long to-do list to get a person on the ballot.

Once certified as a potential candidate, the process of gathering signatures and getting on the ballots in the individual states begins. The State Department’s only job is to make sure that the candidate meets the three constitutional requirements to be president.
The first she meets easily. She is over thirty-five-years-old. The second she also meets having been born in the United Sates.
The third requirement, one few people think about, is where she came up short. You must be a resident “within the united states” for 14 years before you’re eligible. Why she doesn’t qualify is partly how she was raised but mostly of her own doing.

As a child, Michelle Obama’s legal residence was in the British Virgin Islands. Her parents kept it that way so she would be eligible for immigrant status and special consideration for schooling.
Between birth and age 22, when she graduated college, Michelle Obama had only racked up two years of legal, US residency.
After college, in order to avoid paying taxes, she kept an address in the Cayman Islands from which she filed all of her tax returns. Therefore, none of the years between the time she graduated and the time she became First Lady count either.
While in the White House, the Obamas filed joint returns, giving her another seven years of residency. At nine years of residency, she is ineligible to be president.
She will qualify in 2021, meaning she will miss the next cycle and we won’t have to watch her campaign for the next four years.

https://www.usapoliticstoday.org/michelle-obama-register-run-president-denied/

Mean-time :

There is “no chance” former first lady Michelle Obama will be presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s running mate, according to a top Obama adviser and friend of the family.
Former Obama White House senior adviser Valerie Jarrett said Tuesday that Obama would not consider being Biden’s vice president in an interview with The Hill, telling the outlet that she simply is not interested in being on the Democratic presidential ticket.
“The reason why I’m being so unequivocal is that there just simply has never been a time when she’s expressed an interest in running for office,” Jarrett said.
“She’s not demurring here. She’s not being hard to get. She doesn’t want the job,” she continued.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/22/valerie-jarrett-no-chance-michelle-obama-will-be-bidens-vp/

Obama charismatic? Please, he has about as much charismatic as a rat.

He is utterly stiff in the interviews, pauses incessantly and bows to other world leaders.

Peacock
Gold Member
Obama definitely fits the Cambridge Dictionary definition of charisma: "a special power that some people have naturally that makes them able to influence other people and attract their attention and admiration". FWIW, he is the most admired man in America today, according to some polls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallup's_most_admired_man_and_woman_poll#Winners,_1946_to_2019

He's a hustler, he used to sell his body to men for cocaine back in high school according to his classmates, so he's pretty skilled at deceiving his audiences and pushing their feel good buttons. Most Americans are high trust people who are too naive when it comes to the nature of the people who rule them and the political system.

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
CynicalContrarian said:
The first I've heard of this. Even though the article was released on 2nd April 2017.
If true, I can see it now.
The Deluded Democrats will simply state it is racist to point out that Michael may not be eligible... :

Michelle Obama Just Tried To Register To Run For President But Was DENIED!

Michelle Obama tried to register to run for President in 2020 with the Secretary of State’s office this morning, the first step on a long to-do list to get a person on the ballot.

Once certified as a potential candidate, the process of gathering signatures and getting on the ballots in the individual states begins. The State Department’s only job is to make sure that the candidate meets the three constitutional requirements to be president.
The first she meets easily. She is over thirty-five-years-old. The second she also meets having been born in the United Sates.
The third requirement, one few people think about, is where she came up short. You must be a resident “within the united states” for 14 years before you’re eligible. Why she doesn’t qualify is partly how she was raised but mostly of her own doing.

As a child, Michelle Obama’s legal residence was in the British Virgin Islands. Her parents kept it that way so she would be eligible for immigrant status and special consideration for schooling.
Between birth and age 22, when she graduated college, Michelle Obama had only racked up two years of legal, US residency.
After college, in order to avoid paying taxes, she kept an address in the Cayman Islands from which she filed all of her tax returns. Therefore, none of the years between the time she graduated and the time she became First Lady count either.
While in the White House, the Obamas filed joint returns, giving her another seven years of residency. At nine years of residency, she is ineligible to be president.
She will qualify in 2021, meaning she will miss the next cycle and we won’t have to watch her campaign for the next four years.

https://www.usapoliticstoday.org/michelle-obama-register-run-president-denied/

Mean-time :

There is “no chance” former first lady Michelle Obama will be presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s running mate, according to a top Obama adviser and friend of the family.
Former Obama White House senior adviser Valerie Jarrett said Tuesday that Obama would not consider being Biden’s vice president in an interview with The Hill, telling the outlet that she simply is not interested in being on the Democratic presidential ticket.
“The reason why I’m being so unequivocal is that there just simply has never been a time when she’s expressed an interest in running for office,” Jarrett said.
“She’s not demurring here. She’s not being hard to get. She doesn’t want the job,” she continued.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/22/valerie-jarrett-no-chance-michelle-obama-will-be-bidens-vp/
I do not believe that story. No one at that level would be stupid enough to try to register to run for President without knowing 100% that they would qualify. They have plenty of experts who would figure this out well ahead of time. The story makes no sense whatsoever.

CynicalContrarian

Peacock
Gold Member
Tail Gunner said:
I do not believe that story. No one at that level would be stupid enough to try to register to run for President without knowing 100% that they would qualify. They have plenty of experts who would figure this out well ahead of time. The story makes no sense whatsoever.
Didn't manage to find anything else to corroborate the premise.
Not that I think it would matter.
Whether it's supplying Haggard Hillary with debate questions prior to the event, or screwing over Silly Sanders not once, but twice.
Or general vote / voting fraud.
I'm sure the Demented Democrats would forge ahead with an ineligible candidate one way or the other, if they felt compelled to do so.

CynicalContrarian

Peacock
Gold Member
No surprise the Deluded Democrats don't want to acknowledge or justify Biden's 'Me Too' violation.

Yet, when they all read from the same book; the same 4am 'Narrative' talking points.
Best choose a better word than 'grappling'...

‘Script is out!’ The media has definitely received the memo on how to spin assault allegations against Joe Biden (Hint: ‘So much grappling’)

Shot :

@politico
The #MeToo movement is facing a new challenge: how to grapple with the allegations against Joe Biden without tearing itself apart
@jaketapper
Democrats grapple with questions about Tara Reade's sexual assault allegation against Joe Biden - CNNPolitic
@llerer
Sexual Assault Advocates Are Grappling With the Allegations Against Joe Biden https://www.motherjones.com/politic...joe-biden-sexual-assault-activists-survivors/ …

Chaser :

@jason_howerton
Libs are grappling with Joe Biden's grappling
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020...ons-against-joe-biden-hint-so-much-grappling/

Deepdiver

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Can't make this up..

BeijingBiden.com attempts to diffuse #metoo allegations with his two most ardent female challengers now VP prospects with tons of Bloomberg funding to grab our guns and overturn the 2nd amendment to pave the way for Kill Gates eugenics vaccinations and 4th Reich tracking chips in your hands ostensibly for contact tracing but easily hacked for Kill Gates radical depopulation agendas...

Freedoms? Freedoms? Vee haf our vays to pacify you and your so called Freedoms!

Just can't make this stuff up...
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...al-candidates-participate-gun-control-series/