Prenup

Thoughts about Prenup?

• Will not get one if the girl doesn't want one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

homersheineken

Woodpecker
So you meet a good, traditional girl who you want to marry and start a family with. You say to her:

"I love you. You are the woman I want to devote myself to until death and I trust you completely. BUT, here's this legal document I need you to sign so that just in case you decide to betray me you won't be able to take half my stuff."

See how well that goes over with her and her father.
So you meet a good, traditional girl who you want to marry and start a family with. She says to you:

I love you. You are the man I want to devote myself to until death and I trust you completely. BUT, here's this legal document you need to sign where I get at least half of your assets, will keep the house, get monthly child care payments dependent on your current salary (which you must keep since the court says I'm accustomed to this lifestyle), and maybe some alimony thrown in for good measure. Even if I decide to cheat and cause the dissolution of this marriage which I said until death, I still get what's coming to me, because, hehe, I'm not happy. I will lie and cheat as I please and if you dare so much to challenge me, you'll subjected to accusations in both the public and court arenas that you will lose, so don't even try.

See how well that goes over with you after it happens to you and for the rest of your life.

**note this didn't happen to me, but I"ve seen it plenty of times.

Reactions: kel

Rob Banks

Pelican
So you meet a good, traditional girl who you want to marry and start a family with. She says to you:

I love you. You are the man I want to devote myself to until death and I trust you completely. BUT, here's this legal document you need to sign where I get at least half of your assets, will keep the house, get monthly child care payments dependent on your current salary (which you must keep since the court says I'm accustomed to this lifestyle), and maybe some alimony thrown in for good measure. Even if I decide to cheat and cause the dissolution of this marriage which I said until death, I still get what's coming to me, because, hehe, I'm not happy. I will lie and cheat as I please and if you dare so much to challenge me, you'll subjected to accusations in both the public and court arenas that you will lose, so don't even try.

See how well that goes over with you after it happens to you and for the rest of your life.

**note this didn't happen to me, but I"ve seen it plenty of times.
OK, but the difference is that she is not actually asking you to sign the legal document, she is merely asking you to marry her before God, and we just happen to live in a society/system where the legal document is automatic.

If you can find a good priest who will perform a marriage ceremony before God without requiring you to enter into a legal marriage, then go for it, but I would not be surprised if a good, traditional woman would be (rightfully) offended by this.

If you are really both traditionally-minded and God-fearing people who are devoted to each other, it would not matter if you signed a legal document giving her the right to kill you in your sleep and collect a $1 billion reward from the government in exchange for getting rid of an "evil" man. You would know in your heart that she would not do it despite the fact that the legal document exists.

I stand by what I've been saying. If you're so worried about what will happen when the marriage ends, then maybe getting married to this girl is not the best idea.

Last edited: