Preparedness During Civil Strife

One of the dumbest things hunters do is look through their rifle scope at other hunters in International Orange gear to see if they know you... If you look back at them with your scope tends to cure them of this habit...
Sounds like you get to enjoy public lands too Deepdiver. I don't have any private land I can hunt and my sentiments are about the same. You'll see some clowns and early archery is the best time of the year.

To anyone new to hunting, my advice is:
  • Start scouting in the next couple weeks (if you can hunt Oct). I typically spend more/equal time scouting and setting up trail cams compared to hunting time. I have never lost a cam to theft.
  • Newer hunters may find it easier to identify "edges" field/woods line that are popular more than individual deer trails, scrapes, and such.
  • The next three months I've found deer pattern predicably and only changing based on food sources and cycles. Its different hunting than the "rut" season. I think it can be more predictable and easy earlier in the season and you see some really big herds. If you find a herd utilizing a field a week or two before the season opens...it's a good bet they will still be there when the season starts. They may move on within another week or two however.
  • Don't rule out a blind over a tree stand (especially if you hunt an edge). Terrain dictates but grassy conditions around fields before deep woods are great opportunities for a blind.

Garuda

Woodpecker
Can someone clarify what a police ride-along is and how one gets to do that? Why would police accept being bothered by random civilians as they go around their duties?
It's mostly to show people who are interested in being a police officer what it's really like. The restrictions vary from department to department. Some don't allow people related to the officers and etc. All prohibit felons. The police allow it because they consider it a good community relations tool.

Paramedics and fire fighters also do this.

Haha Easy that first vid you just posted the guy specifically addressed boardshorts...you read my mind! I don't do the fanny pack thing. I run a daypack style backpack these days. I keep my snubbie in there with my bike tools, reflective vest, respirator, other low key survival stuff if I don't want to print or have another CC option. It puts me in the difficult position of literally having my weapon jacked if someone goes for the bag though. I really only roll that way in my extremely low crime area and only on the bike and with set plans. If I got a decent front access bag or fanny pack it'd open up options. Your boy had a good point.

One of the dumbest things hunters do is look through their rifle scope at other hunters in International Orange gear to see if they know you... If you look back at them with your scope tends to cure them of this habit...
In the province of Quebec it is actually a criminal offence to look at another person using a scope which is mounted to a rifle.

Orson

Kingfisher
I’ve been enjoying Terrence Popp videos on self defense and civil war/disturbance prep. He give insight into tactical situation assessment — primo to gear up, find fellow fighters, and team build.

Who is he? A vet of three wars, a former Green Beret, Sargent, and dyslexic (so ignore his misspellings on his whiteboards=). He’s quite direct and useful.

He posts to YouTube a few times a week and BitChute and the other usual alt free speech site. He also uses Ridonkulus as a moniker. He’s also entertaining and high spirited, despite these source and dark times this year.