Prices, Inflation/Deflation, Interest Rates & The Fed

Some more tweets on this topic:

Good to see normal hardworking people benefitting from the printing but their expenses will also go up:

I know this forum (and Bitcoiners in general) are pretty anti-vegetarian but meat prices are likely to go way up as feed prices go up and China demand continues. The paleo diet will become impossible for most of the world's population.

The printing will impact at least asset prices, and more likely everyday prices:

Entertaining exchange here - Saifedean is a thought leader in exploring the larger implications of inflation & fiat on society.

If we have grass. We can still get goats to feed us milk. And we can still fish and eggs I believe can be gotten in a similar way to the livestock.

He's referring to Keynes. The Bitcoin standard has a section devoted to how Keynes' theories on the need for inflation were partially motivated by his unconventional lifestyle practices and aversion to tradition. Once you go down the Bitcoin rabbit hole there's a lot to learn about the connection between sound money/deflationary money and progress in human civilization in general.
He is a Sodomite:

Also:

MRAll134

Kingfisher
Raw materials have skyrocketed but it hasn't been passed on to consumers, yet.

A friend who works in packaging suggested to me today that plastic bottles are going to increase by $0.30.

It hasn't hit grocery stores yet.

I cannot believe how high gas is getting, since Biden got in and shutdown the pipeline. With more and more people getting into electric cars, demand has to be going down. Yet, the price continues to go up, sometimes .02-.04 a week.

C-Note

Ostrich
Gold Member
The Decmocratic-controlled US government is about to engage in a full-blown war on "climate change" to get as much done about it as they can before the 2022 election. This, more than anything else, should screw up the economy.

cosine

Sparrow
The Decmocratic-controlled US government is about to engage in a full-blown war on "climate change" to get as much done about it as they can before the 2022 election. This, more than anything else, should screw up the economy.
What's funny about this is Tesla is actually making some fantastic progress, and their demands are basically, "don't close our factories, let us go to work"

When traveling through India in 2014 I thought, "There will never be a Tesla tuk-tuk, electric cars will never come here, the pollution is so insane, even if the US cuts dramatically, it won't ever come to these impoverished people" yet now Tesla has a factory in Shanghai and is building one in Bangalore, and intends to make cheap, tiny vehicles there.

And now everyone else wants to compete with Tesla.

Invocato

Sparrow
See this is what I mean. Inflation compared to when? The biggest deflationary event in 150 years when we shut down the whole global economy?

Come on.

Edit: @Arado do you consider supply chain shock price increases to be true inflation?

Yes we would have been better off if the country would have continued as normal, instead of QE infinity. I would much rather have savings worth more, than leftist elites, who hate me, getting many billions richer. :alien: It also adds to the stress of daily life having to speculate to protect savings. This money printing has greatly amplified the disaster of hoaxvid.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
Yes we would have been better off if the country would have continued as normal, instead of QE infinity. I would much rather have savings worth more, than leftist elites, who hate me, getting many billions richer. :alien: It also adds to the stress of daily life having to speculate to protect savings. This money printing has greatly amplified the disaster of hoaxvid.

Convert your money into hard assets and precious metals as quickly as you can. Don't save it.

Alot of people say stocks are inflation hedges, but not if the capital gains rate on them gets jacked up to 40%.

Biden Eyes Capital Gains Rate

This is the point, you can pay capital gains on your stonks while the actual real value of the stonks is the same as it was. Day 0 (march 1st 2020) you buy a stock or financial product, then If they inflate money supply 40% over the next year, and your stonk goes up 40%, you are paying tax on essentially holding the same financial product. Now what happens when they inflate it another 100% over the next two years, people will feel like they can't sell their stonks because of the tax burden.

This is why I'm currently a fan of precious metals and equipment purchases.

Edit: @Arado do you consider supply chain shock price increases to be true inflation?

I'll jump in. Supply chain shocks have caused an increase in prices. So while it is not monetary inflation, the price has indeed gone up so result is the same. The money supply is inflated, so when the velocity of money picks up, when people really get back to business, things could very well run buck wild.

Last edited:

Invocato

Sparrow
Convert your money into hard assets and precious metals as quickly as you can. Don't save it.

Alot of people say stocks are inflation hedges, but not if the capital gains rate on them gets jacked up to 40%.

Biden Eyes Capital Gains Rate

This is the point, you can pay capital gains on your stonks while the actual real value of the stonks is the same as it was. Day 0 (march 1st 2020) you buy a stock or financial product, then If they inflate money supply 40% over the next year, and your stonk goes up 40%, you are paying tax on essentially holding the same financial product. Now what happens when they inflate it another 100% over the next two years, people will feel like they can't sell their stonks because of the tax burden.

This is why I'm currently a fan of precious metals and equipment purchases.

I'll jump in. Supply chain shocks have caused an increase in prices. So while it is not monetary inflation, the price has indeed gone up so result is the same. The money supply is inflated, so when the velocity of money picks up, when people really get back to business, things could very well run buck wild.
Agreed, but there is still a stress factor though, knowing that at any moment hard assets could go down significantly. How lucky the 19th century people were to have a gold standard. With gold-standard cash, you could own gold without the volatility, or at least, the awareness of it. Automatic real savings.

How Many Countries Have a Gold Standard Today?

Last edited:
With almost 40% of all USD printed in the past year, real estate high, gold high, stock market high...it''s hard knowing what's even safe to invest in. It's getting to the point where cash in a back account isn't as safe of an investment (inflation). Crypto is an interesting buy, but it's very volatile.
Any thoughts fellas?

JohnKreese

Pelican

New proposal to lower Medicare age to 50 could be a lifeline to millions​

Another ~60 million unhealthy, obese, etc. people in America possibly eligible for government-paid i.e. money-printing financed healthcare. What could go wrong?