Professional Sports Thread

Is it worth watching sports anymore? Like Hollywood and Big Tech its been totally corrupted by social justice. You turn on ESJW, I mean ESPN, and its just non-stop social justice talk that is only peripherally related to sports. Beyond the fact its become another social justice propaganda delivery system I think Big Sports has become unhealthy for people especially the young. Its quite addictive and fans are prone to become obsessive like nerds. Sports doesn't encourage physical activity to the majority of viewers it encourages people to watch games on their TV, feel good from the achievement of others instead of earn achievements of their own and engage in more lifeless activities like social media, fantasy sports and betting. It harnesses people's natural tribalism into corporations instead of their own country or religion. Why hate the Globalists when you can hate the Lakers? Why worship Jesus when you can worship Messi?

Quick roundup of sports leagues.

NBA: Probably the most SJWfied league because of all the black players. I am grateful the league is still on ice so I can be spared the players kneeling at the 8 minute mark or whatever stunt they have planned.

NFL: Surrendered to BLM this week. They are also planning to give higher draft picks for teams that have black coaches (not a pardoy).

MLB: Generally SJW-free but I'm sure with the recent hysteria they are planning something.

NHL: Hated because they are the whitest major sports league in NA. I'm sure because of recent hysteria they are going to promote more "diversity" initiatives.

MLS: Seattle owner didn't let their fans wave some pro-ANTIFA flag (actual principled stand) until fans threw a hissy fit, owner had a meeting with fan union (Antifa supporting scumbags) then later caved and they can wave pro-Antifa flag (some German Antifa flag from the 30's) again.

European Soccer Leagues: "Kick Racism out of Football", neverending tiresome controversy over racist people saying something to players.

Short quick answer? No, not at all.

Longer answer...

There are so many things to be doing, learning, exploring, etc. If you have free time to watch sports I would instead recommend doing something productive. Going for a hike. Fixing something with your hands to feel like a manly man. Picking up a 2nd job to increase your shit hits the fan budget. Purchase a gun or even bow and arrow and go target practice shooting. Hunting. Fishing. Working out. Reading older books. Finding a group of like minded men and just shooting the shit about life. Finding a good woman and spending time cuddling and talking to her.

I haven't sat down and watched sports for a long time, I have been too busy. I did follow sports for a while after this but even that is waning for me. There is too many things to be doing and worried about. Add in the fact I realize most of these athletes are spoiled brats who don't appreciate how good/easy they have it and use their position of power to attack my way of life after my way of life gave them heaven on earth.

EndlessGravity

Woodpecker
European Soccer Leagues: "Kick Racism out of Football", neverending tiresome controversy over racist people saying something to players.
You'll probably never get racism out of soccer. Hooliganism will never go away.

I enjoy watching a baseball or soccer game once in awhile with a couple beers. However, I've never been super into watching sports on a regular basis.

Hindu Man

Sparrow
Pro sports is an escape from the toils and hardship of daily life. Just watch it in moderation.

Hollywood is trash and I try to avoid it.

Er Miqué

Sparrow
Better to play a sport or follow local grass roots amateur grade sports than cuck for pro athletes and the messages from their handlers/sponsors
^He's right. Besides most professional leagues sometimes look like if everything was fixed and who was going to win was already decided and so players don't play but rather act to make that exact score. In smaller leagues this doesn't happen as much and those leagues are more organic and natural to see, IMHO.

Watching sports is not bad, provided you actually make it worth your time instead of just wasting the day away. Try to watch different sports too: you can find something cool to practice in real life and maybe even make it a hobby. You can also watch games to learn from them.

From around age 10-17 I was incredibly obsessed with sports, both watching and playing most everything available to me. Tennis (HS captain), baseball, track, football, and basketball were all sports I played competitively and I watched NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, college football, tennis, soccer, combat sports etc. Only ever watched my favorite teams, but it was still entirely too much. Gradually I became disgusted by all the SJW players and the incessant advertisements. When I realized (finally) that I didn't actually benefit at all from my favorite teams winning championships, it was hard to justify watching much at all. Another factor in my drift away from sports was that there was little connection between the players on professional teams (and college teams for that matter) and the locale they played for. There is little appeal to me of players from all over the world playing for a team based in a city and that city celebrating their accomplishments as if these players were their own.

I now only ever tune in to the Dutch national soccer team (if it is the Euro or World Cup), some MMA, some boxing, and maybe the Stanley Cup if my favorite team is in it. But I'm not very consistent at all anymore.

Sword and Board

Woodpecker
Another factor in my drift away from sports was that there was little connection between the players on professional teams (and college teams for that matter) and the locale they played for. There is little appeal to me of players from all over the world playing for a team based in a city and that city celebrating their accomplishments as if these players were their own.
Absolutely, these athletes don't give a Truck about the teams/locales they play for. Only their careers/exposure/monetary gain. Mercenaries to soulless franchise operations. Even the plastic Franchise teams will drop their city like a hewer and change locale at the drop of a hat. Its like Supporting Mcdonalds or Nike. Its silly.

Youll find much greater achievement and value playing ball with some friends or local competition. Bringing sport back to the grass roots about community. Not false idol and mega corp worship.

Rotten

Robin
Agree with OP with two caveats. The NHL never went out of its way to do minority and women outreach, and is the least affected by SJW. MLB is still old school Marxist with its strong labor union that suffocates the sport by bleeding all of the money out of it.

godfather dust

Ostrich
Gold Member
I was a huge sports fan. Growing up in MA one of the teams wins a championship every year.

NBA: sport had gotten soft due to analytics. It's all 3 pointers. Now all the players come out and show what (single) Mama's boys fags they are. Super SJW anti-white

NFL: ruined by George Floyd. Drew Brees lynched for patriotism. Goodell says he should have let people kneel. Kaepernick will get hired, possibly as Saints starting QB..

NHL: exclusively white fanbase. Bent the knee anyway to BLM recently (forget specifics.)

MLB: has sucked for years. The pitchers refuse to throw the ball more than once every couple minutes.

Soccer: not worth talking about. Completely unAmerican. Homosexuals jogging with a ball for an hour and a half.

godfather dust

Ostrich
Gold Member
NFL is quite likely out for the year. Fauci says they shouldn't play.
Compliance to political correctness/social justice requires complete obedience to Fauci's "science."

Many sports fanatics have very vapid lives outside of their sports fandom. I wonder how many of them will wake up during the "pandemic" to how much of life they are missing out on.

Blade Runner

Kingfisher
NFL is quite likely out for the year. Fauci says they shouldn't play.
Compliance to political correctness/social justice requires complete obedience to Fauci's "science."
When you see not only the subject matter but the way he speaks, is there any doubt that he and Gates are in league?

It's pretty funny to see just how hard they're still pushing the narrative that "Coronavirus is still a thing and YOU BETTER WATCH OUT". If nobody living in the real world is talking about it without the media telling them to, it becomes quite easy to see this current paranoia as all a sham. Logically, we should now see a case in the court of public opinion between the "bread and circuses sports elite" and the "governmental power hungry health elite". But we won't. Because no player would dare speak out against the established narrative. Players can't even question kneeling for the flag, much less a worldwide psyop.

jeffinjapan

Pigeon
There's no way I'll be watching American professional sports anymore, especially the NFL & NBA. IMO, I don't see how any self respecting white man can watch these sports played primarily by people who hate you and who play for a league that has capitulated to BLM.

Tough question.
I will reduce football (soccer) and only follow my favorite team. Seeing people doing black lives matter gestures is sickening.
there are still a couple of sports which are fairly white and apolitical despite being minority sports they can be exciting.
Namely cycling , and winter sports.

Salinger

Woodpecker
When it comes to BLM and sports players who support this movement, I try to take pity on them as they have obviously been brainwashed into this cult and believe they are protesting for good.

So I will still watch sports, but I will turn off the TV whenever BLM is mentioned or a political narrative is being pushed onto me.