PUA coach Tom Torero committed suicide

Stadtaffe

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Gold Member
It seems that his itunes may have been partially cancelled - it is visibly still there but the audio is inaccessible.

Can anyone get that to work?

Would not do anything neither in the podcast app nor in the browser.

I had a peak at the Newsweek article while searching for the podcast, it does not seem so horrific in content, just an SJW journalist trying as hard as possible to throw mud. Still, if you're already in not a nice place you don't need that happening to you.

Yes, the filming.. whether secret cameras/microphones or with consent, was that really necessary.. Is an unusual kink, can't someone get their kicks in a fashion which is not so twisted.

RedLagoon

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Seems when most men hit middle age they regret whatever path they took, and fantasize how better their life would be if they'd gone a different path. Even doctors and dentists have high suicide rates.
You gotta have inner peace with yourself.

Yes, and this is why we turn to the Faith, which is Jesus Christ our only saviour.

Tippy

Woodpecker
Other Christian
Hopefully we will.

Doing some digging, I actually managed to find Tom's mother and his sister on Facebook. I would not be contacting them, of course, but I wanted to see if they had mentioned his passing or had given out information about a memorial service. Unfortunately both of them have their accounts reasonably private and so could not confirm anything. I agree it's likely what we have been told is true, it's just I'd like some proof.

This is the post I was referring to from Krauser's site:

''
timway22
January 4, 2022 at 10:03 pm
Another post from me, as I’ve been speaking with Tom’s mum on the phone several times since last week and wanted to clear some things up.
As most people now know, Tom took his own life, and the fake news article did play a part in that although it wasn’t the only factor, I won’t go into anything else online. Tom’s mum wanted me to make that clear to prevent any speculation on the internet. I have told her about all the tributes for Tom that have been coming in here and elsewhere and she was very touched by that.
Some people asked me about the funeral, when it is, if they can attend or make donations/send flowers etc. Tom’s family would prefer the gathering to be limited to close friends and relatives with family flowers only, I think they are planning to put the service on YouTube so people in the community can watch though. Any donations they would like to go to the mental health charity MIND. Here in Switzerland, we are planning our own service for Tom with his friends from the skiing community up in the mountains later this week.
Regarding making Tom’s content available, I have a lot of his podcasts on my laptop from when I helped him reupload everything two years ago. He has also left some hard drives and an old laptop at my house in the UK, I am not sure what is on them or what his family want done with them though. If any content is uploaded it will only be done with the express permission of his family and will be made available for free, one of Tom’s friends has offered to fund this. I’ll speak to Tom’s mum about this in the future when everything has settled a bit and I’m back in the UK. For the moment his family have made it clear that absolutely nothing should be uploaded without permission and legal procedures will be used to enforce this.
I still can’t believe Tom is really gone, it feels like I’ve lost a close family member. I’ll never be able to wind him up again by playing K-pop videos on his home projector or hiding plastic slugs in his shoe. Goodbye my friend, I’m sure you’re up there with your Dad flirting with the angels and getting them to take their halos off. You helped me so many times, I wish I’d been able to help you at the end. Tim''

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
Goodbye my friend, I’m sure you’re up there with your Dad flirting with the angels and getting them to take their halos off.
The "everybody goes to heaven" misconception has infected our times. I don't know where Tom is, but the Orthodox Church teaches that destroying the image of God through suicide makes it unlikely to pass Judgement unless mental illness was at play (those who killed themselves in the Church do not get an Orthodox funeral). The elevation of his content after death is unfortunate because it's the creation of that content which contributed to his despair. His suicide should be a clear sign to those who follow them that fornication and idolatry of women are not the path, but they don't seem to understand that.

OrthoSerb

Robin
Orthodox
The "everybody goes to heaven" misconception has infected our times. I don't know where Tom is, but the Orthodox Church teaches that destroying the image of God through suicide makes it unlikely to pass Judgement unless mental illness was at play (those who killed themselves in the Church do not get an Orthodox funeral). The elevation of his content after death is unfortunate because it's the creation of that content which contributed to his despair. His suicide should be a clear sign to those who follow them that fornication and idolatry of women are not the path, but they don't seem to understand that.
Yes, I facepalmed when I read that part about flirting with angels. It's that secular trivialisation - they comfort themselves there's something out there but neglect to take it with any seriousness whatsoever. As if there's some safety net there which allows them to do whatever they want without any negative consequences. The very fact Tom committed suicide should be a clue that the assumption is flawed. I mean what needs to happen to make these people take their life seriously. They should be on their knees praying for him. Instead they're reminiscing about the very things that led to depression and suicide and worrying what's going to happen to some material he's left behind, as if its some ancient wisdom.

magaman

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
You'll be surprised what manual labor can do to ones soul. Was your previous job an office one?

Forget the gym. Do fruit picking, construction work or maybe even learn how to fell trees. A lot of these companies are dying for young men like you and are willing to train you up for free.

Maybe buy a car and drive to where the hard work is as welfare makes a man weak.

The vaccine mandates took my job away but it opened up a whole new world of hard manual labor cash in hand. It feels good having your muscles ache at the end of the day knowing you can afford that nice beer or steak. Hopefully you'll even be able to get a good girl to rub those aching feet.☺
My previous job wasn’t in the office, it was on the warehouse floor building the orders. I liked the job, even if the shifts were very long at certain points.

Most of my problems right now are coming from my relationship that’s obviously failing. There’s just no way for me to plan anything and it seems it’s hurting me more at this point to keep hanging on when it’d be better to let go. None of what’s going on right now is what I anticipated at the start. Everything sort of got changed up on me. I know just having me and my plans/problems to worry about would improve things a hundred fold and maybe one day my future wife will come along but right now that’s the least of my concerns.

Blade Runner

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Yes, I facepalmed when I read that part about flirting with angels.
It's funny how many people will roll their eyes when a guy they knew was a mean person has a funeral and everyone knows it, but still some or most people say things that aren't true. Or when the deceased is "playing golf in heaven" or some other lame dookie like that.

You think they'd at least have enough sense to not insult others by making unserious statements about things they actively have avoided for years, or even tried to ask questions/find out about. The most serious question they are careless of; that's the real issue at hand.

fireshark

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
When I get angry about my country, it's far more about how unfair it is for others, not myself. I've had a family and taken advantage of my talents enough to be grateful, but I know for a fact both of these are not very common for most. My view is one of frustration in that the ROI (stated in other places, with smart analysis even) is soooo low. If in any way this game is difficult for me, there must be thousands or millions with literally no chance. I say that without any hint of pride, trust me when I tell you.

Part of coming out of my brief but intense PUA / daygame phase, was delving deeply into some blackpill incel communities and videos. I also found some truths in there, but the prevailing attitude among those types is one of cold calculation, negativity, and general nihilism. While one can learn something from the experience, the saying about staring into the abyss applies. Generally it's not healthy to worry deeply about statistical formulas and constantly calculating things and generally being a headcase. It's a fact that millions will never find a wife, of any kind, at all. The monastics understood that and made a way for men and women to carry on with some structure in their lives.

thetruewhitenorth

Kingfisher
Orthodox
A good friend of mine had a wife, two beautiful toddler girls, a stable full time job, owned his own home on an acre, had jet-skies, muscle cars and was virtually debt free.

Then one day he hung himself with the dog's chain in the shed.

We're still trying to figure out what on earth happened. All I'm saying is that these things do happen and most of the time we have no idea what these people go through.

RIP to all those who have perished.
There's a saying in Russian, rough translation is "Another person's soul is darkness". Meaning, we dont really see or know what is exactly on another person's mind, what's gnawing them.

It is much worse with a secular mind as they have no hope, and no peace. Sorry to hear about what happened to your friend. God have mercy on his soul and his children.

Blade Runner

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Part of coming out of my brief but intense PUA / daygame phase, was delving deeply into some blackpill incel communities and videos. I also found some truths in there, but the prevailing attitude among those types is one of cold calculation, negativity, and general nihilism. While one can learn something from the experience, the saying about staring into the abyss applies. Generally it's not healthy to worry deeply about statistical formulas and constantly calculating things and generally being a headcase. It's a fact that millions will never find a wife, of any kind, at all. The monastics understood that and made a way for men and women to carry on with some structure in their lives.
It is sad that it really can be a pit of despair and unfulfilled (insert anything good or bad here) desires, when you consider how much testosterone men have for at least 20 years, especially if they take care of themselves/work out/are active.

The modern setup and the effect on the last few generations has not only hurt existing and potential relationships, it was really done so much collateral damage to even the reasonably good survivors that were able to go beyond the garbage, perhaps because they had good families, communities, parents, etc.

I find it odd how many people that know me and trust that I have valuable characteristics still at times balk at the fact that I don't find 30+ year old women worthwhile to pair up with. I don't have completely rigid rules but it would be the same lottery for me to agree to bailing them out as it seems to be to find someone ok with, let's say, a 10 or 15 year age gap. And sometimes it is not only women who are older and salty about how me like young women. It's guys some of the time - revealing that these same men (who are frequently married even, by the way) have some ego or dislike for the fact that you are going to be getting younger you know what as an "older" man if that happens. I find it bizarre but very telling of just how silly people can get with their visions of things, or insecurities. What's funny is that they think I'm the crazy one, or weirdo, on some level ...

Going strong

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member

"Intended role". I had never read this on a legal document.

I wonder if Tom Torero (RIP) had written a testament, to make his last will known?

A reminder in any case for any man over 35 that writing a testament might be a reasonable thing to do, just in case of an accident.

Talking about law, isn't there a law that would punish the slanderous harassing racist and sexist female "journalist" who pushed mister Torero to his death? Is it legal to accuse without proofs and destroy the finances of other people, offering just rumors? Surely the Law somewhere could punish such devious endeavours from unscrupulous "journalists"?

LoveBug

Kingfisher
Catholic
Seems when most men hit middle age they regret whatever path they took, and fantasize how better their life would be if they'd gone a different path. Even doctors and dentists have high suicide rates.
You gotta have inner peace with yourself.

Yeah, for a lot of men in the secular world that late 30s is a true hamster wall. bridge between younger and middle age, where some are scrambling at evening scores before its truly too late to get at younger western women.

Tippy

Woodpecker
Other Christian
The thing with game and PUA lifestyle is it has had an important function for many men- to help them understand that they have been brainwashed their entire lives and what they have been told to be true is actually false. In fact, the opposite is often true.

The results of this insight could lead men to a path of enlightenment. However, more often than not it leads to depression and despair.

Is there a way to unbrainwash oneself without pick up culture and taking the red pill? I think so but many men do not find it. Possibly if society was built on healthy Christian foundations, men wouldn't need to turn to this dark art in order to see the light.

Last edited:

SaintPiusX

Robin
Trad Catholic
A good friend of mine had a wife, two beautiful toddler girls, a stable full time job, owned his own home on an acre, had jet-skies, muscle cars and was virtually debt free.

Then one day he hung himself with the dog's chain in the shed.

We're still trying to figure out what on earth happened. All I'm saying is that these things do happen and most of the time we have no idea what these people go through.

RIP to all those who have perished.
Sounds like he was murdered tbh

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
It is sad that it really can be a pit of despair and unfulfilled (insert anything good or bad here) desires, when you consider how much testosterone men have for at least 20 years, especially if they take care of themselves/work out/are active.

The modern setup and the effect on the last few generations has not only hurt existing and potential relationships, it was really done so much collateral damage to even the reasonably good survivors that were able to go beyond the garbage, perhaps because they had good families, communities, parents, etc.

I find it odd how many people that know me and trust that I have valuable characteristics still at times balk at the fact that I don't find 30+ year old women worthwhile to pair up with. I don't have completely rigid rules but it would be the same lottery for me to agree to bailing them out as it seems to be to find someone ok with, let's say, a 10 or 15 year age gap. And sometimes it is not only women who are older and salty about how me like young women. It's guys some of the time - revealing that these same men (who are frequently married even, by the way) have some ego or dislike for the fact that you are going to be getting younger you know what as an "older" man if that happens. I find it bizarre but very telling of just how silly people can get with their visions of things, or insecurities. What's funny is that they think I'm the crazy one, or weirdo, on some level ...
In every society one who disaligns himself with some aspects will be looked down upon as a weirdo, because he's not like the others. In 10 years saying that there are 2 genders will be completely weird people out, if that's not the case already now. With regard to the 30+ year old Western woman, who comes off the caroussel, imagine how many problems she takes with her. She might be a so called alpha widow, forever in her head with old ex'es, she will have multiple break ups, all the baggage from the sexual lifestyle. It's quite something to deal with as a man. And in exchange she won't even clean the house and take care of her role as house wife. What does she bring to the table now? I fear it's not much, a negative balance sheet with more liabilities than assets in most cases.
The thing with game and PUA lifestyle is it has had an important function for many men- to help them understand that they have been brainwashed their entire lives and what they have been told to be true is actually false. In fact, the opposite is often true.

The results of this insight could lead men to a path of enlightenment. However, more often than not it leads to depression and despair.

Is there a way to unbrainwash oneself without pick up culture and taking the red pill? I think so but many men do not find it. Possibly if society was built on healthy Christian foundations, men wouldn't need to turn to this dark art in order to see the light.
Well said. For many it's the necessary first step out of the matrix. But it gets problematic when people get stuck into it and are like 50 and still running through the mall looking for a 20 year old to chat up. That's when the nihilism can be overwhelming, I can imagine.

Jaszczurka

Robin
Catholic
Let's be honest, Tom was doing shady stuff. Recording people surreptiously, apparently recording audio of his sexual encounters and uploading it, without the women's knowledge or consent. That's creepy as.

He was 'running game' on a 17 year old in Poland, whilst in his late 30s. If he'd been 'successful' there she'd have lost her virginity to some foreign manipulator who's in town for a weekend.

What path would that encounter put the girl on, if so?

The way these guys would crow about 'taking a girls virginity' is nothing short of vampiric.

So whilst these SJWs are psychos, maybe if these PUAs didnt leave themselves open to attack, through their own malignant and nihilistic behaviour, they wouldn't have the ammunition or the will to go all out on them.

You could extrapulate on that, and say that these SJWs, in the same manner that demons can ultimately pursue the will of God by attacking sinners, offered a path towards God, by destroying his ability to continue in the manner he had become accustomed.

His actions lead him to a place where he had lost the ability to pursue a nihistic, lust obsessed lifestyle. It seems he caught a glimpse of another life when he visit Mount Athos, but instead, his eyes were taken with the harpies on the shore, and the potential to have one more go round on the fumes of it all.

The correction from God was clear, and sadly it seems, ignored.
I said the same during the RoK days: PUA's often had no ethics other than to get laid and this included seducing married women or young, naive girls who would otherwise had made good wife material for someone.

Traditional dating only worked briefly during an era when women were free to date, but simultaneously limited in their social and employment opportunities to be reminded to take action to seek out husbands when they were young. That's why many American women look down on more traditional foreign women as "desperate" because they express an open desire for marriage to men rather than waiting to be seduced.

Modern dating is inherently toxic because it encourages women to use sex as a tool to demand clown entertainment from men or gifts and for men to be driven by fornication rather than seeking a family. PUA's hitting on 100s of women quickly hardens women. Nonetheless, the basics of game can and were used by some men to start and form relationships that led to marriage. It just turns out that while modern dating is considered ideal "free love" courtship, it's actually one of the worst ways to go about it but there's little social structure in place to do anything better.

All that said, the SJW's have the will to "go all out" on masculine men without being provoked by nihiilism.

Jaszczurka

Robin
Catholic
I think this is black pill actually, but I do reflect on the past differently now, and as much as Reagan was one of the great leaders, it was indeed during the time of neoliberal economics that "conservatives" chose instead of conserving traditional values (they looked past it, loved the lie, etc it's always the same story in one way or another).

I think you'll be surprised just how weird this gets later this year and in coming elections. I don't think one can predict much, as so much will change in the USA and the world. The only thing we can do is to get to a location that is better (wherever that may be), help others and form connections, love God and try to be faithful, and be ready for everything.

I think we both agree that limited government conservatism has failed to sustain or grow its electorate as well as influence institutions and the culture. If you're looking for a "plan b" location, that would seem to imply you agree that it has failed.

I'm making the hopeful statement that in failure there can be reflection and re-evaluation to finally abandon something that isn't working to move over to something that can. It's a shame that conservatism is having to hit rock bottom to do this, but that often happens in human affairs.