Qatar World Cup

Tardynox

Robin
Orthodox Inquirer
I agree.
But any sporting community with a head on its shoulders would be aware of that and mitigate against that. Surely?
We are missing out on some potentially good players because of the way we are scouting.
the British SAS made their selection so tough that they were only getting physical supermen. there were discussions and they changed their selection so that they could identify candidates who didn't perform as well in testing but who eventually became very good operators and who leant a far more rounded character to that regiment.
Where are the Beardsleys coming through? A player like that, so small and nuggety and able to combine skilfully as a compliment to an out and out striker.
there is no way a Peter Beardsley would get into a premiership side as a youngster these days, let alone get all that big match experience.
Where are the Gordon Strachan type players? Even the Gary McAlisters? the wily old dogs who look like ropey chain smokers but who can come through in clutch matches. I don't think they'd get picked these days by a manager with blue white teeth who is very anxious about his social media profile.
The disproportionate number of black or african players is because of culture and the conspiracy behind it. To me it just is.
Otherwise the English FA would have said "what's going on here?" and sought to balance the situation.
people are constantly being indoctrinated that black players are better, just better than whites. As athletes, sportsmen, people etc. and there will always be a reward, however subtle, for favouring them. Football changing rooms are full of gangsta rap and hip hop fashion and wanting to be cool with white players nodding their head and fist bumping their cool 'bros'. Its a sea change from the footballing culture of the past and there was a time when the white leaders would have challenged that and set a different tone.
In the late 80's Chelsea started putting out starting line ups with 6 black British players in the team. The Chelsea fans went mad. And the results weren't that good either. How different is that from the German line up now?
These days we aren't seeing an England with a Steve mcMahon or a Bryan Robson. a big hearted leader, a battler with skills as well who can drive a team forward.
As good as a wonderful player like Henrik Larrson was for Sweden the ethnic players I am seeing in these formerly white teams are a pale shadow of the players of yore. Players like Lothar Matthaus were just wonderful, so strong and athletic and yet so skilful. And then there is the character side. That indefinable 'something' the more rounded players bring, especially in tough circumstances.
There are so many great players of the past who could contribute to the spirit of the side.
give me an Andreas brehme, give me a Rudi Voller, a Koeman, a Van Basten any day of the week. Bergkamp used to play up front with Sosa at Inter Milan. he said the Uruguayan was an impossible team mate, incredibly selfish, uncommunicative, would die with the ball before passing to bergkamp, never even spoke to him off the pitch. What could Bergkamp say about all that in a polyglot, backstabbing, money-worshipping dressing room?* Compare that with what someone like bergkamp brings to a team.
(*although I bet any money that if Bergkamp and Sosa were both Italian Inter players that issue would have been tackled at least to some degree )

And I watched the Germany Japan game and (call me a Neo nazi trying to jam his prejudices onto a football match) but the 'diversity' German players in that game just weren't that good. They are good individuals obviously, fast and skilful.. but for want of a better word in footballing terms they are dumb, they are stupid.. they puff their chests out and charge forward and make tackles or crosses but > they are selfish players < , they always look to have a go themselves first then consider the 'team' option afterward. painfully obvious to me.
That will handicap a team.

Sure Chris Waddle and Paul Gascoigne used to go on their runs but their passing was sublime and they had a sixth sense as to where their team mates were without needing to look up. Someone like Moeller for Germany or Arnold Muhren (who used to ride a clunky bicycle around Norwich waving to locals on his days off when he played there) just knew how to pass and when - there was a sympathy to their passing, Muhren had a sweet left boot and was the silent man providing incredible crosses for Van Basten goals. No kid ever wanted to be Muhren in the playground. But even the stars in those teams were more team players.

Contrast that with the Diversity German players with their corn rows and their whole cheesy act, who produced very little comparatively or David James the England goalkeeper with his corn rows and tattoos who let in 4 goals against a less-diverse Germany with their own shy young, studious goalkeeper 12 years ago. I didn't even think that much of Boateng when Germany won the World Cup in 2014.

I just think this whole diversity show has been crowbarred in and now we just accept it and actually these players are often a detriment to their own side to a degree that will be overlooked precisely BECAUSE of their melanin count. Its the same with the ethnic and even female commentators on British TV male sports shows. They detract from the overall show but one isnt allowed to state that openly.

As a parting gift allow me to share this video of Franco Baresi the captain of unbeaten AC Milan teams in the 1980s and 1990s. pure class. an incredible defender who saved his team countless times during his 1000s of appearances. Whats interesting is how skilful he was in attack and how he could lead the counter attack from defence beating and bamboozling the opposition teams fair players. And note how quick to smile and embrace he was when fouled or when other players tried to pick a fight with him. Total commitment skill and that undefinable thing, heart.
I have a feeling that Italian teams benefit far more with.a player like that who has Milan and Italy in his veins, and who is a product of a homogeneous community than they will ever benefit with a cheesy Ballotelli type player in their side.

Black people tend to have physical advantages useful for football. If directly imported from Africa they're also gonna be used to play football on poor fields which does seem to help in building up footballing skills, this is also the case for many Brazilian players.

BarrontheTigercat

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Black people tend to have physical advantages useful for football. If directly imported from Africa they're also gonna be used to play football on poor fields which does seem to help in building up footballing skills, this is also the case for many Brazilian players.
Your argument seems to be for picking imports because they are good at a sport because of skills honed in adversity. But where does that end?
Why not reserve places for promising kids from the third world year on year such that each World Cup becomes rent a mob vs rent a mob and who has the more expensive and thus attractive migrant worker and teen scholarship program for foreign footballers who will join a mercenary national side?

That seems a disaster.

There was a good Polish Footballer who got a UK passport and qualified to play for England back in 2014. The English players came out in force to reject the idea. The only time it has happened previously was when Canadian Owen Hargreaves played well for Bayern Munich and it turned out that he had a UK passport, but it still felt a bit weird.
Scotland under German coach Berti Vogts went seeking players (including black players) who "qualified" for a while but it was seen as ludicrous and the players themselves said that it was surreal and that it cheapened the shirt.

What you're talking about with kids from the slums bringing their one in a million skills to the world stage I do not believe applies here.
That is consigned to the past.
And the England 1966 team or the German 1974 team would never have picked stunning brave Ramaphotswe from the silver mines of Bolivia or the jungles of Benin to play for them as they struggled with halting English. It wouldn't even have crossed their minds. It would have been seen as an affront and ludicrous.

I don't understand what the physical advantages that African players in the same conditions as western kids (which most of them are) necessarily have.. Football is a semi contact game where speed and skill are the most important attributes but skill most importantly with physical fitnesss the requisite ability to repeat that skill indefinitely.
Where do Africans have an advantage there? Most top footballers, if you ever happen to be in a room with them, are tiny. they are like whippets. whatever the race or colour they are incredibly wiry and with no spare fat. they are very strong just as most top sportsman have great pound for pound strength (even golfers and Formula One drivers have this from their training) but put them up against someone from a full-contact sport like Ice Hockey or a Rugby player for example they would be destroyed. Monstered. they're just too small and unattuned to full contact. I just don't see Africans having a physical advantage in a game that is all about speed, endurance-yes- but most importantly skill. Thats what makes it such a great global sport.
These kids are not tough little nuggets from the mountains or the favelas anymore.
And its not like Rugby or some positions in American Football where statistically the heavier Polynesians are the best suited to the game and the likes of the Japanese the least suited owing to their lighter bone structures.

Of the greatest players to play the game of football/soccer that I can of course think of off the top of my head some were of African descent: Eusebio and Pele specifically were great talents with leadership abilities.. but then so were the majority of those great players like Maradona and Messi and Baresi and Maldini, Ronaldo has to come into the frame as one of the greatest before we consider the likes of Cruyff and others. If Africans had some kind of over weening physical advantage that would have shown in their results and the share of the greatest ever players. Yet the "African team that will win the World Cup by the end of the 20th century" didn't materialise and it still hasn't .

Maybe France in 2018 but I felt small homogeneous Croatia played well in the final and some dodgy refereeing decisions helped France to stretch away from them when things were level and plus France wasn't 100% black African. If we look at previous finals it has been overwhelmingly white going back decades with the exception of Brazil who as a team are always racially mixed. If you did a count of all the players to ever play a World Cup final the vast majority wouldn't be black African. And "great" Brazilian teams like the 1982 side and the very talented 1990 and 1998 sides came a cropper against European opposition.

As far as playing on broken ground developing skills the only place I saw that work was where teams from poor war torn countries like Angola outplayed South African teams like Orlando Pirates in African Cup championships in the 90s.
because the South Africans came from modern industrial society and grew up in trainers and watching TV?
Well most importantly it was because the South African players had little skill or talent and were just tremendously fortunate to live in the one modern wealthy industrialised country in Southern Africa with a moneyed football league and big stadia that still picked domestic players.
the South African players themselves were no good and I would defy anyone off the top of their head to name a Great South African footballer (and football IS the sport of the masses in South Africa, played by the majority Xhosa, Zulu and Sotho). So naturally the Angolan players etc. outplayed them easily.

In the 1990 World Cup Cameroon played well and commentators spoke about how "fluid" their football was. they played England in the quarter finals and played well. they even took the lead at one stage and gave England a fright but England (with one black player) came back to dominate the game and score two unanswered goals to win.

But coming back to playing football with few resources street football was always a big deal in countries like the UK and one could get out a spirit level and measure the ruts in a cobbled street or a waste ground in the UK versus rural football games I saw in Africa but it seems quibbling. Even in the late 90s street football matches were a lead item on local news in the UK where residents in towns like Oldham were "scared" of late evening games on cobbled streets all over town involving dozens of local children. But that used to be the norm in working class areas. It was being killed off and the media was being used to do it.

The 1990 England players would have grown up on street football, as much as Cameroonians grew up on broken ground football.

By 2002 when England dispatched Senegal fairly easily in the last 16 it was still the case that the North European sides were seen as the "bullies" using physicality to push less physical teams around.

So Im still confused. These African kids are not growing up mining blood diamonds or cobalt and then playing football on mountain ridges in their spare time and then getting snapped up by big clubs in Europe.
They grow up on benefits in Europe.
Its true that there were always third world kids from the slums forming great teams like Brazil or Colombia or named Diego Maradona but even there the Brazilian team of Pele and Jarzinho in the Mexico World Cup 1970 remains the exception that proves the rule.
Their next Brazilian World Cup winning side ha duo wait until 1994 and that team also had wealthy bourgeois players like Leonardo contributing to the team.

What is happening is that some of the migrant kids lounging on sofas and staring at their phones all day in the West naturally grow bigger and stronger earlier than the white kids around them and for just that reason the white kids are being elbowed out of scouting opportunities.

And the sad thing is that the kids like Michael Owen who played so well for England as a teenager or likewise teen discovery Wayne Rooney are being missed and we are ending up with "diverse" European teams whose diverse players for various reasons discussed in my previous post cannot help their teams to reach the heights of previous homogeneous generations.

What we are bombarded with is this Jewish lie that if a person has more melanin in his skin then automatically he is some 'noble savage' with greater physical powers and who has experienced greater human suffering than a white person. And I don't believe that to be true.
It's romantic.
Maybe it feels true for a jewish person who isnt familiar with manual labour or mean streets but I don't think it is an objective truth. Nurture plays a huge role in developing skilled athletes of all stripes.

But that is part of why I think the Diversity Germans are not producing for their team, to whatever degree they have drunken the jewish Kool Aid themselves. They believe the press.
Meanwhile they detract from the homogeneity of the team and I see it time and gain with their media profiles: they seem to think they're special and have more entitlement to the limelight and deserve more praise for things that were seen as nothing more than standard in the past. And if they get thwarted its Rayyyyyyyycism. Again...

I hope we all have not forgotten the Diversity England team which completely spooned a final against the non-diverse Italy side last year and then turned around and filled the headlines with accusations of "racism" etc. etc. because they had been denied victory.

Saka being tossed to the ground like a sack of potatoes by an Italian player and the outrage that erupted when Italy as an entire nation wasn't immediately cancelled remains as funny as the media pundits melting down after the 2016 election.

Last edited:

Johnnyvee

Ostrich
Other Christian
French "activists" are using special remotes to switch off TV's in sports bars etc, so that patrons can't watch the games! Due to the various leftist issues I assume...(gay rights and so on)

"...According to Le Parisien, anti-World Cup activists have been using pirate remote control devices to switch off screens showing the World Cup in bars in Paris – in protest against the holding of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
It has been describe as a way of resisting “passively” against the World Cup, which has been criticised for the host country’s harsh laws against the LGBTQ+ community. The device, named TV-B-Gone, was invented in the 2000s and is capable of shutting down any television within a 45-metre radius – it sends out a signal which is compatible with nearly 160 brands..."

I actually think that we're approaching a division in the sports world soon, with things like the emergence of the LIV tour in golf and the banning of Russia from most international sporting events. Russia, China, much of Asia and the Arab world etc. might form their own alternatives to western tours and championships. And they might just attract western athletes and audiences also, since fans are increasingly going nuts having to deal with all this virtue signaling crap when they just want to watch a game!

Arturo80

Sparrow
Orthodox
I don't understand what the physical advantages that African players in the same conditions as western kids (which most of them are) necessarily have.. Football is a semi contact game where speed and skill are the most important attributes but skill most importantly with physical fitnesss the requisite ability to repeat that skill indefinitely.
Where do Africans have an advantage there? Most top footballers, if you ever happen to be in a room with them, are tiny. they are like whippets. whatever the race or colour they are incredibly wiry and with no spare fat. they are very strong just as most top sportsman have great pound for pound strength (even golfers and Formula One drivers have this from their training) but put them up against someone from a full-contact sport like Ice Hockey or a Rugby player for example they would be destroyed. Monstered. they're just too small and unattuned to full contact. I just don't see Africans having a physical advantage in a game that is all about speed, endurance-yes- but most importantly skill. Thats what makes it such a great global sport.

I recall reading that African descended tend to hit puberty before Europeans. This leads to having their growth spurts earlier, and having more testoserone than their European rivals.

This results in an unbalance in youth teams towards blacks. If you look in most Premier League (and no doubt other leagues of similar demographics), you will see Blacks dominate up until U21 level.

After that, their early advantage gets levelled out, and their presence drops in the adult game. Of course there's still loads of them in the latter, but look at main sides U18 or u16 sides, and you'll see a far higher percentage there.

rainy

Pelican
Other Christian
View attachment 51332

German interior minister Faeser "showing her courage" by wearing the one love armband
Something virtue signalers haven't yet understood is their virtue signaling is the laziest form of support you can offer a cause.

Say there were a bunch of hungry/homeless people in your area and you wanted to help them. The actual doers would create a soup kitchen or food drive and help them. But the virtue signaler would wear an armband which says "food drives are good" and do nothing more.

In effect, helping no one.

All they have done is boosted their own sense of narcissistic self worth in the laziest way possible.

EuropeanCanon

Woodpecker
Trad Catholic
Something virtue signalers haven't yet understood is their virtue signaling is the laziest form of support you can offer a cause.

Say there were a bunch of hungry/homeless people in your area and you wanted to help them. The actual doers would create a soup kitchen or food drive and help them. But the virtue signaler would wear an armband which says "food drives are good" and do nothing more.

In effect, helping no one.

All they have done is boosted their own sense of narcissistic self worth in the laziest way possible.
Exactly what I was thinking. So she puts on her stupid little armband and virtue signals. But she is still at the World Cup. Still going to the match. Still staying in first class accommodation. Still eating at the buffet. Zero self awareness. Do they really think we can't see them for what they are?

Yeagerist

Kingfisher
Orthodox Catechumen
Man I just love the absolute political spectacle that is the World Cup right now. Making memes out of leftist gay wokes is the gift that keeps on giving.

I give Iran a pass as far as European vs Muslim cultural clashes are concerned since I hear little from Iranians causing trouble in Europe (it's just Syrians, Iraqis, Algerians, sub-Saharans, Pakistanis or whatever).

I recall reading that African descended tend to hit puberty before Europeans. This leads to having their growth spurts earlier, and having more testoserone than their European rivals.

This results in an unbalance in youth teams towards blacks. If you look in most Premier League (and no doubt other leagues of similar demographics), you will see Blacks dominate up until U21 level.

After that, their early advantage gets levelled out, and their presence drops in the adult game. Of course there's still loads of them in the latter, but look at main sides U18 or u16 sides, and you'll see a far higher percentage there.
Nah in American football and basketball it's black-dominated all the way to the pros (not that whites can't succeed in the NFL or NBA in the present, examples being Tom Brady and Luka Doncic). Soccer otoh doesn't put much demand on height and upper-body strength so you get the field equalized for whites, Hispanics and Asians

Tardynox

Robin
Orthodox Inquirer
Man I just love the absolute political spectacle that is the World Cup right now. Making memes out of leftist gay wokes is the gift that keeps on giving.

I give Iran a pass as far as European vs Muslim cultural clashes are concerned since I hear little from Iranians causing trouble in Europe (it's just Syrians, Iraqis, Algerians, sub-Saharans, Pakistanis or whatever).

Nah in American football and basketball it's black-dominated all the way to the pros (not that whites can't succeed in the NFL or NBA in the present, examples being Tom Brady and Luka Doncic). Soccer otoh doesn't put much demand on height and upper-body strength so you get the field equalized for whites, Hispanics and Asians
Height demands depend per position, and there are quite a few of them which favor taller players. But yes the playing field is a bit more equal in terms of race. As of now a lot of the best players are either South-American, black/mixed-race black, some arab descent or Spanish. With some exceptions of course.

Here is a list of the most valuable players in the world https://www.transfermarkt.com/marktwertetop/wertvollstespieler

Yeagerist

Kingfisher
Orthodox Catechumen
Height demands depend per position, and there are quite a few of them which favor taller players. But yes the playing field is a bit more equal in terms of race. As of now a lot of the best players are either South-American, black/mixed-race black, some arab descent or Spanish. With some exceptions of course.

Here is a list of the most valuable players in the world https://www.transfermarkt.com/marktwertetop/wertvollstespieler
I've noticed that the top football players globally all play in the Big 5 European leagues (Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and Serie A) regardless of their national origin. Europe will continue to be the go-to place for aspiring young stars, and European clubs will continue scouting talent from all over the world. It's really a good example of "diversity" if all this mass migration and refugee crisis didn't happen in the first place.

Maybe that's why having divisive woke agenda being pushed in Qatar is outright ugly for the World Cup and football/soccer. It's one of the few opportunities for equal and friendly competitions of otherwise poor non-Western nations, only to encounter condescending treatment from Western liberals.

I actually think that we're approaching a division in the sports world soon, with things like the emergence of the LIV tour in golf and the banning of Russia from most international sporting events. Russia, China, much of Asia and the Arab world etc. might form their own alternatives to western tours and championships. And they might just attract western athletes and audiences also, since fans are increasingly going nuts having to deal with all this virtue signaling crap when they just want to watch a game!
I've been thinking of the same idea for a while, but would there be enough social support to basically make a parallel tournament to the Olympics or FIFA World Cup? Not to mention how the G7 countries still hold all the money and prestige, which means even if China, Russia, India, etc, band together to create domestic leagues attracting athletes from the West it would still be seen as inferior to the NBA or the Premier League.

Akaky Akakievitch

Woodpecker
Orthodox Catechumen

EMJ made an interesting comment on Iranians in a recent video, discussing the Hijab crisis. He said how Iran still retains its Persian heritage and with that, their sense of Logos and beauty, and that this ancient tradition of poetry and art which they still represent through their Persian identity is what distinguishes them from the surrounding Islamic nations.

I think I understand what he means here, though I'm not too familiar with Persian history. Iran are "European" in a sense, because they have a tradition reaching back to when Empires from Europe stretched into that region (Alexander the Great etc.), and so this shared ancient heritage has been preserved there, while the rest of the surrounding regions lost their ties to the distant past and became wholesale Islamic in everything they do and say, which is far more opposed to Western civilization overall. Obviously, Iran is heavily Muslim but perhaps because of their European-like distinction in the Middle East, they don't feel so antagonistic towards our values as they still share some of them, deep down.

He even called ex-President Ahmadinajad a "Persian Patriot" I believe. EMJ held an interview with him earlier this year, which I haven't seen yet, but it might reveal more of this argument he was making in the Hijab crisis video about their unique Persian heritage.

Caduceus

Ostrich
USA versus England kicks off TODAY at 2p.m. eastern time (2pm in New York city, Miami, Boston, Washington DC)
(About 2 hours and half from now)

a05.jpg

Last edited: