R Kelly found guilty of all counts in sex trafficking trial

Not sure if he can get all of this overturned like Cosby.

Basically he had a harem of groupies. Some of the girls were underage, he gave them all herpes. Apparently they got him on multiple counts of the Mann act, which is moving an underage girl across state lines and having sex with her.
The underage marriage to Aaliyah when she was 15 has been alleged time after time - apparently he paid off her family.

There was the tape of him and a 14 year old apparently.

The fact that Gloria Allred was prosecuting is cause for a little concern.

Incidentally, obsession with girls in their mid-teens is apocryphally shared by Kelsey Grammer, Seinfeld and Don Henley. Don Henley was alleged to violate the Mann Act several times.
(But if it's admitted to by the likes of David Bowie, Robert Plant, Bill Wyman, Iggy Pop, Anthony Kiedis.. then that's all fine, apparently.)

kel

Ostrich
Something about the R Kelly story smells fishy.

Did he upset his handlers in some way?
It's sad but this is now my first reaction to stuff like this, too. I'm not defending R Kelly - don't know him personally, didn't listen to his music - from what little I know about this it seems an open and shut case and he's guilty. The question is, though, why him? Why this? The whole media industry seems so lurid whenever you see any given individual getting in trouble for what is standard operating procedure you start to wonder what caused him in particular to get thrown under the bus. Did he cut in line with a 14 year old that some other, higher up dude felt protective about? Just protecting (wittingly or not) even bigger fish? Etc.

It's sad but this is now my first reaction to stuff like this, too. I'm not defending R Kelly - don't know him personally, didn't listen to his music - from what little I know about this it seems an open and shut case and he's guilty. The question is, though, why him? Why this? The whole media industry seems so lurid whenever you see any given individual getting in trouble for what is standard operating procedure you start to wonder what caused him in particular to get thrown under the bus. Did he cut in line with a 14 year old that some other, higher up dude felt protective about? Just protecting (wittingly or not) even bigger fish? Etc.

Selling one's soul to the devil is never worth it. He needs the Gospel in Prison before he ends up dead.

A very similar situation to Harvey Weinstein. One day the handlers are pushing them in our faces on a daily basis talking about how they are a once in a generation talent. Then all of a sudden the handlers disappear and the star is left to rot in prison.

My guess is that they become too bold in their crime. They become such an addict that they cannot control themselves around anyone and eventually they become a liability. At this point the handlers know they are just a loose cannon that has to be let go.

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
Having nothing to do with whether he is truly "guilty" or not (which is just words on paper and interpreting them, the whole point here), it's just another lesson in how when the culture changes, those that were part and parcel to the formation of the said culture, become victims of it. Regardless of what one thinks about any "crime", there are very few if any "crimes" that should be prosecuted decades later. Certainly not he said she said ones = crazy culture and demons/the devil throwing you under the bus, indeed.

WaveWorld

Chicken
The man was molested by women when he was a kid, I think by his aunts. That messed him up. But he is not a pedophile and these girls were not forced by him to do anything (not condoning the fornication). They were pimped out by their moms, and it is not uncommon in these communities that the girls are oversexualized in their early teenage years and their moms, in most cases unmarried, are responsible for that. There are many rap lines about sex with underage girls, it is common and known.

Edek

Robin
Orthodox Catechumen
The man was molested by women when he was a kid, I think by his aunts. That messed him up. But he is not a pedophile and these girls were not forced by him to do anything (not condoning the fornication). They were pimped out by their moms, and it is not uncommon in these communities that the girls are oversexualized in their early teenage years and their moms, in most cases unmarried, are responsible for that. There are many rap lines about sex with underage girls, it is common and known.
Sad, probably true, and still gross and wrong. Also, yet more evidence that rap music is marketing material produced by the prison industry.

WaveWorld

Chicken
Sad, probably true, and still gross and wrong. Also, yet more evidence that rap music is marketing material produced by the prison industry.
What he did happened with parental consent. That is the real scandal that is not talked about. No fathers in the home, mothers that were early sexualized and teach their daughters to be like them. Good, lock R. Kelly up. But not the moms?

Edek

Robin
Orthodox Catechumen
What he did happened with parental consent. That is the real scandal that is not talked about. No fathers in the home, mothers that were early sexualized and teach their daughters to be like them. Good, lock R. Kelly up. But not the moms?
I am sure, somehow, in some sinister pea brain, the mums are the real victims in all of this. I can see the headline now:

"R Kelly Jailed for Kiddy Fiddling: Pimp Mums Worst Affected by Loss of Income & Pimp Shaming"

WaveWorld

Chicken
I am sure, somehow, in some sinister pea brain, the mums are the real victims in all of this. I can see the headline now:

"R Kelly Jailed for Kiddy Fiddling: Pimp Mums Worst Affected by Loss of Income & Pimp Shaming"
They do not get shamed. That is the problem. If a woman did the same with teenage boys, the sentence would be lighter or there would not even be a trial. Look at sentences that female teachers get and the sentences male teachers get. R Kelly was molested and that messed him up.

Uzisuicide

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Not to condone anything done by Kelly here but why didn't he just stick to 18 year olds? We're not talking about pre pubescent girls here so the difference between a 16 year old girl and an 18 year old girl is negligible physically and mentally. But legally the difference is stark.

I watched the entire surviving R Kelly series and gathered that the only thing they truly slam dunked him on was the age of the girls. Very stupid on his part.

How can a guy screw up rap act game so catastrophically bad?

Last edited:

WaveWorld

Chicken
Not to condone anything done by Kelly here but why didn't he just stick to 18 year olds? We're not talking about pre pubescent girls here so the difference between a 16 year old girl and an 18 year old girl is negligible physically and mentally. But legally the difference is stark.

I watched the entire surviving R Kelly series and gathered that the only thing they truly slam dunked him on was the age of the girls. Very stupid on his part.

He was molested by women. That could have led to a dislike of adult women. But he was not a pedophile, so teenage girls were fitting his mental state. On top of that, in the environment he is from grown men having sex with girls of that age and younger is a generational accepted bad state of affairs. For the girls and their moms that was just business.

Edek

Robin
Orthodox Catechumen

Who knows for sure, but I often think the same sort of thing about people who spend 10X on watches / suits / cars / wine / cheese / toilet paper, whatever, when paying X will get you one just as bling. It's about having something that other people can't possibly have, maybe.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
He was molested by women. That could have led to a dislike of adult women. But he was not a pedophile, so teenage girls were fitting his mental state. On top of that, in the environment he is from grown men having sex with girls of that age and younger is a generational accepted bad state of affairs. For the girls and their moms that was just business.
That I can believe but that won’t get him out of jail now. You apparently can go to jail for banging underage groupies.

Especially on that scale(dozens/hundreds/thousands of underage girls) he set himself for Rico which is normally used to go after organized crime