Race riots 2020

Dallas Winston

Ostrich
Gold Member
Will they be arrested for Federal Crime, 10 years in jail and $250K in fine? We'll see within a week.

Exactly. Like I mentioned recently in the Donald Trump thread, either we'll get action or we won't. If we don't, Trump's promise during the speech was nothing more than paper tiger chest beating.

On a side note, how is it that LE doesn't stop them from doing this? It's not as if it's an easy fast thing to tear down a statue. It probably takes an hour or more getting everything rigged up and ready to tear it down. Plenty of time for the law to get there and disperse these cretins.

Pooch32

Sparrow
Exactly. Like I mentioned recently in the Donald Trump thread, either we'll get action or we won't. If we don't, Trump's promise during the speech was nothing more than paper tiger chest beating.

On a side note, how is it that LE doesn't stop them from doing this? It's not as if it's an easy fast thing to tear down a statue. It probably takes an hour or more getting everything rigged up and ready to tear it down. Plenty of time for the law to get there and disperse these cretins.
Dem mayors order the police to stand down.

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member

President Trump has no jurisdiction over state and local matters. Democratic mayors and governors have jurisdiction and they allow this to happen.

Trump has already directed the DOJ to fully prosecute criminals who attempt to damage or destroy federal statues and monuments on federal lands. He is not a magician, a dictator, or an emperor. His powers and authority are limited by the U.S. Constitution and various federal statutes.

The Christopher Columbus statue was a local monument placed in a local park with purely local jurisdiction. The federal government has no jurisdiction over it.

I have said this before, and will say it again: If you do not know how our system of government works, then you are part of the problem. By setting up false expectations for what Trump can do, you add to the level of ignorance and apathy among those voters needed for his re-election.

Last edited:
I live in Baltimore. There was an Italian American organization that hired private security to protect the Columbus Statue 24/7. Local news reported that they were nowhere to be found. I think they were overwhelmed and driven off. They had no police or local government support the whole time.

Funny enough, there were "protesters" heading towards multiple George Washington statues around the city last night and the cops stopped them quick. The city can't afford to lose federal funding.

Baltimore about to heat up even more than normal. We had 2 officer involved shootings that looked like a suicide by cop and a teen that had a fake gun. We also have a racial incident where a single mother and her 9 year old son was rejected entry to a 4 star restaurant due to the son's athletic clothing violating the clothing policy. There was supposedly a white kid around the same age with similar clothing in the restaurant eating. That's becoming a mess. Lastly, there is a seafood restaurant in the suburbs that the owner spoke out against George Floyd and the riots and his restaurant has been completely surrounded by protesters for weeks. The owner is currently suing the local government.

Last edited:

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Instead of "we will find these criminals and prosecute them to the full extent of the law," this is what the people of Baltimore get from their mayor:
A spokesman for Baltimore Mayor Bernard C. “Jack” Young told The Sun the toppling of the statue is a part of a national and global reexamination over monuments “that may represent different things to different people.”

“We understand the dynamics that are playing out in Baltimore are part of a national narrative,” Lester Davis said.

Mindless criminal anarchy is not a "reexamination" of anything. It is mob rule.

Dallas Winston

Ostrich
Gold Member
President Trump has no jurisdiction over state and local matters. Democratic mayors and governors have jurisdiction and they allow this to happen.

Trump has already directed the DOJ to fully prosecute criminals who attempt to damage or destroy federal statues and monuments on federal lands. He is not a magician, a dictator, or an emperor. His powers and authority are limited by the U.S. Constitution and various federal statutes.

I have said this before, and will say it again: If you do not know how our system of government works, then you are part of the problem. By setting up false expectations for what Trump can do, you add to the level of ignorance and apathy among those voters needed for his re-election.
Trump could lean on and use his considerable position to influence any Feds or those in DOJ who showed reluctance to enforce the directive. Hopefully this won't be necessary. The fact still remains, if no action is taken, then we've made no progress. As far as turning voters away from Trump, I've talked and even debated several people this year why it's crucial for him to win this year. Still, there's nothing wrong with holding leaders accountable.

And thanks for being gentle with me below your usual level of rudeness with those you've disagreed with in the past. You've been called out on it multiple times by others on here for a while now. As far as problems go, maybe a mirror would be helpful.

I know every case is different, but at the same time we don't have time to play this out in the courts for 10 years. We have maybe a few months to maybe a few years before the Democrats take this country over top to bottom and all hell is unleashed on the middle class.

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Trump could lean on and use his considerable position to influence any Feds or those in DOJ who showed reluctance to enforce the directive.
He has al
I know every case is different, but at the same time we don't have time to play this out in the courts for 10 years. We have maybe a few months to maybe a few years before the Democrats take this country over top to bottom and all hell is unleashed on the middle class.

Again, you need to know your history. President Eisenhower enforced the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in Brown vs. Board of Education, so he had federal authority to enforce the Court's edict. President Trump has no federal jurisdiction over local statues and monuments.

He has al

Again, you need to know your history. President Eisenhower enforced the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in Brown vs. Board of Education, so he had federal authority to enforce the Court's edict.
How does the President not also have the Federal Authority to stop an obvious massive wide scale terrorist attack occurring on an nightly basis in this country?

I can't imagine Russians or Chinese or Iranians could move in and burn down a bunch of buildings and throw our statues over and our government saying "well, we don't have jurisdiction to stop them".

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
How does the President not also have the Federal Authority to stop an obvious massive wide scale terrorist attack occurring on an nightly basis in this country?

I can't imagine Russians or Chinese or Iranians could move in and burn down a bunch of buildings and throw our statues over and our government saying "well, we don't have jurisdiction to stop them".
So, you are now comparing the U.S. to three totalitarian nations. I cannot have a rationale dialogue with someone like that.

So, you are now comparing the U.S. to three totalitarian nations. I cannot have a rationale dialogue with someone like that.
No, I am saying that if a group of people moved here from Russia or China or Iran, or hell, they just all came here on vacation, and decided to burn down entire blocks, and destroy our history, and harass and injure and even kill our police, that our federal government would say "well, we don't have the jurisdiction to stop them".

This is an attack by a foreign adversary and it is happening on our soil. There are tons of laws on the books Trump could use to deal with this. Especially after 9/11 and all the anti-terrorist laws that were passed.

It is just mind boggling that we can send our good men off to some shithole half way around the globe and give them a rifle and tell them to police it, but then turn around and say "well, we don't have the legal jurisdiction to police our own streets".

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
No, I am saying that if a group of people moved here from Russia or China or Iran, or hell, they just all came here on vacation, and decided to burn down entire blocks, and destroy our history, and harass and injure and even kill our police, that our federal government would say "well, we don't have the jurisdiction to stop them".
The federal government has jurisdiction over all foreign nationals on U.S. soil. The federal government can immediately deport any foreign national who commits a crime on U.S. soil. By contrast, the federal government has no jurisdiction over U.S. citizens who commit purely state or local crimes.

I am not trying to be "rude" here, but it is incomprehensible to me that otherwise intelligent people lack such elemental knowledge of the structure of our government and our system of federalism designed by the Founding Fathers, which purposely diffuses centralized power to avoid tyranny. Of course, that diffusion of power and authority is also a potential weakness of the system, a weakness that we willing accept to assure our liberty.

Athanasius

Kingfisher
They have the state and the moneypower behind them, though. This war - now clearly inevitable as I expected though coming even quicker than I thought - is not going to be nearly as easy as a lot of boogalooers are thinking.
It certainly does appear that way-- looks like governors, mayors, and other political leaders in blue areas (including prosecutors and police chiefs) are driving it, both by action and inaction. But I was making the point that these black Twitter people who so earnestly want these shows of strength, and who I don't think are cognizant of gov't involvement, are making a mistake if they think they'll be taking on city boys they play the knockout game on when they have a 4-1 or greater advantage, or soft inner suburbanites. They will instead be encountering people who know how to hunt, who can grow food, who can live off the land, and who are tactically smarter than they are. Plus there is a lot of ex-military in rural areas. These are also the people who know how to run power plants, set up computers, fix and build things, etc...

Easy_C

Crow
You all are arguing a false dichotomy.

US Department of State knows for a fact that foreign agents are involved in organizing and planning these events. Because that in the case they have more than enough legal power (thanks to the Obama administration) to treat those individual as terrorists and those aiding them as enemy combatants if they wanted to.

Take note of that because I Damn well guarantee that when the shoe is on the other foot team blue won’t be debating about whether they really do have the authority to gun down red state resistance

They are what the Black Panthers were in the 60s....Black Separatists. They want their own nation completely removed from white rule. They aren’t our enemy because they aren’t leftists and once the left is destroyed we can give them exactly what they want. Without the left, white conservatives could come to an agreement with these guys pretty quickly.
They are most certainly the enemy.

They want a black separatist state, but they want whites to pay for it by reparations.

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
US Department of State knows for a fact that foreign agents are involved in organizing and planning these events. Because that in the case they have more than enough legal power (thanks to the Obama administration) to treat those individual as terrorists and those aiding them as enemy combatants if they wanted to.
That is some statement -- on a number of levels.

I would not be surprised to learn that some hostile nation was providing some type of funding to these anti-American groups, but you state it as a "fact." Do you have any proof?

Funding is one thing. Money is fungible. But "organizing and planning" is quite another thing. Again, do you have any proof?

I am not challenging the hypothesis. I would not be surprised at all. But how do you know that the U.S. Department of State knows this for a fact?

BTW: Even if it did know this for a fact, it might be a more prudent tactic in an international game of espionage to address the problem covertly rather than using U.S. troops to police U.S. citizens.

The Feds would find a way (some technicality) to get involved if they wanted to. Elements within the government must be sympathetic.
It is crazy to think we passed the Patriot Act and house every single phone call, text, and email in giant billion dollar+ facilities, but if some people decide to burn down entire blocks and kill police then "well, that isn't our jurisdiction".

Sure, you can point to some law to back this claim up, but your claim has not legitimacy among the people any longer.