Race riots 2020

griffinmill

Kingfisher
I'm going to cut down on reading the news. I've followed all the SJW stuff since Gamergate and it climaxed with the BLM riots and I don't think its good for my health and it makes me less productive in life. I think this is especially true for 4chan types who live for every "happening" and just live for SJW war and nothing else. I've seen a lot of good commentary the last few weeks but one piece of advice I never see from the dissident right is turning off the social media and taking a break. Just being bombarded by this stuff day in and day out on Twitter, Reddit, 4chan is not good for you. Its good to be informed but if all you do is read the news, get angry and do nothing productive its a total waste. Fix your life before you try to fix the world. Obviously like any addiction its impossible to cut cold turkey so at least moderate your news reading. You eventually become like your enemy and we know all the SJW freaks spend way too much time online reading all the SJW BS on social media lets not become like them.

If you want to resist learn to garden, grow your own food, workout and buildup your body, build local support networks with like-minded people, strengthen your relationship with God, get married and produce children, buy and learn how to use a gun and increase your mental endurance for the future battle.

I'm mostly writing this for myself but I bet a lot of people feel like me.
It used to be the case that around 5 years ago you could very easily switch off from SJW insanity and all of the Tumblr buzzwords. To try and put some perspective on the madness I'd tell myself that if you asked ten random people on the street what "manspreading" was, they wouldn't have a clue. Most of the extreme leftism was inhabiting a small corner of the internet and you could very easily ignore it by switching off your phone.

But now leftism has infected everything.

Let's look at just the last 48 hours.

I tried to buy a jacket online and my favourite clothing site was doing something unusual. Every single model was black, and there was a big banner in the middle of the page featuring - and I shit you not - a land whale with the typical dorky glasses, all tatted up, and holding a banner that said "trans lives matter".

Now, what has that got to do with clothes?

Today I'm watching a game with my dad and there's a logo at the bottom of the screen when they're showing the halftime score: "Black Lives Matter".

What's that got to do with football?

I turn on the news and see some poor guy being bamboozled by a slick host who demands to know why kids shouldn't be given hormone blockers at the age of 5.

And just five minutes ago I was treated to a commercial featuring a cartoon rainbow dancing all over the UK. The rainbow said he was a "person of colour" and the slogan at the end was "just be kind to each other" because, of course, every white person here is just itching to murder a black person and must be told not to do it.

Everything is contaminated now by leftist activist groupthink. There's no escaping it. It makes me feel very angry but also very powerless.

Was talking with my aunt the other day (white, 65 years old, liberal on most issues, middle-class) and here's what she told me:

"I have nothing against black people, but now when I see them on the news I get angry."

I mean, why on earth would my sweet old aunt vocalise such a terrible thought? She has never ever said anything even close to something like that before. But it's now 2020 and the media, the culture and the political establishment have all done their best (and succeeded) in contaminating every inch of our daily lives with this extreme leftist ideology that seeks to divide us all by race and gender and sexuality.

The fact we in the UK don't even have a police brutality problem doesn't really matter. This is all ideology. Facts don't matter, and you better shut up while you're talking, bigot!

I just browsed the Brooks Brothers site out of curiosity and sure enough, they are pandering to leftists. Asians and black people are their main models - although I'm not racist in the least, I really dislike the fact that such a brand is being changed by leftist influence. It was, from what I can tell, a brand largely donned by middle to upper class white people.

In addition I didn't understand why at the time, but last year before all this BLM nonsense I went shopping there, and was greeted and helped by a FOB Chinese lady. This was a major location (magnificent mile in Chicago). There wasn't any issue with her service, she was polite and helpful, but still.. it was odd seeing her working there. I know that sounds bad, but it's the truth. It just didn't make any sense, and seemed like a forced diversity hire. I felt bad for feeling bad, was just completely confused.

It's like a black person walking into a black barbershop and finding a bunch of white people or asian people working there due to a theoretical diversity quota. Sure, there's nothing wrong with white or asian people cutting their hair.. but people go to a black barbershop BECAUSE it's black people who cut the hair.

It's akin to brand dilution - I used to buy ralph lauren back in high school, but when I started to see a bunch of thug types wearing it.. I stopped because I didn't want to be associated with that kind of company.

The largest irony of all of this leftist ideology is that by forcing people to be anti racist it's causing people to see nothing BUT race.

I can only hope that their ideology eventually backfires on them. What happens when colleges have to meet a quota and someone who believes that there are 57 genders decides that there should be an equal distribution of those 57 genders on campus? What happens when another college decides that in addition to there being an equal distribution of 57 genders on campus, those 57 genders must also be equally distributed amongst every skin color? In addition, those 57 genders that are equally distributed in accordance with skin color must now also be distributed equally based on ethnicity? What happens when Chinese restaurants are run by black, mexican, and white people, and Mexican restaurants are run by indian, chinese, and russians?

Clown world happens, that's what .

Easy_C

Crow
Niche hobbies help avoid that. I have one company I’m invested in from a consumerism standpoint and all they did was post a token statement of support for racial equality. No BLM donation which would have been crossing a line for me. Not really intrusive and I get that they had to say something for CYA.

Max Roscoe

Woodpecker
Well, Brooks Brothers is bankrupt as of this week. Perhaps their ethnic pandering had something to do with it, as they surely conjure up the image of a stuffy white male.

I got into fashion a few years back when I started earning good money. I found some good quality clothing lines, and my first barrier to overcome was going to their websites and seeing their diverse models. Like... you want me to pay $100 for a collared shirt, but you have someone with dreadlocks wearing it? It really bothered me for the first few months, and then, like anything else, we just get used to it and accept it. But I wonder if this contributed to BB's bankruptcy.

It's really unbelievable how quickly leftism has ruined every single space we used to have to escape this insanity.
You're telling me.

I belong to a wine forum. As in drinking wine, posting tasting notes, cellaring discussions, who is releasing what when. About as apolitical a topic as you could get. There is even a strict "no politics" rule, and a separate corner of the forum where "everything goes" for people to vent their non-wine feelings.

Now 1 in 4 wine topics become political immediately. But there is no effect to call it out, because they believe their pet topics are "above" or "more important than" politics. So now there are discussions of how rich people can't truly appreciate the expensive wines they drink, how there needs to be more black winemakers, and boycotting wineries that don't show sufficient support to the pet causes.

scotian

Crow
Gold Member
You're telling me.

I belong to a wine forum. As in drinking wine, posting tasting notes, cellaring discussions, who is releasing what when. About as apolitical a topic as you could get. There is even a strict "no politics" rule, and a separate corner of the forum where "everything goes" for people to vent their non-wine feelings.

Now 1 in 4 wine topics become political immediately. But there is no effect to call it out, because they believe their pet topics are "above" or "more important than" politics. So now there are discussions of how rich people can't truly appreciate the expensive wines they drink, how there needs to be more black winemakers, and boycotting wineries that don't show sufficient support to the pet causes.
Do you think that a random black dude could show up at one of these wineries in your area to learn the ropes with the goal of becoming a winemaker and be well received, or is it just random blabbering of white SJWs who live in 99% white communities trying to impress people on the internet?

iop890

Crow
Gold Member
You're telling me.

I'm very into Scotch and post on a few forums related to it. Same deal, just tasting notes, reviews, collection pictures, etc. No politics.

A few months ago Trump put a 25% tariff on luxury goods from Europe, including Scotch, and ever since then those places have been insufferable.

It's been even worse lately though, now we have stickied political posts which are justified by saying "the fact that black lives matter is not a political statement". Posts complaining that black people are underrepresented in advertisements for Scotch. There was even a 'WE WUZ SKAWTS' type post about 'the hidden history of black people in distilling' or something like that.

249-year-old California church damaged by fire, investigation underway

A 249-year-old Catholic Church located in a town just outside of Los Angeles, Calif., caught fire early Saturday.

The San Gabriel church, which was undergoing renovations for its upcoming 250th anniversary, went up in flames around 4 a.m., burning the roof and insides of the church.

Firefighters who first arrived on the scene saw dark smoke coming from the corner of the roof, before entering the building to fight the fire, Capt. Antonio Negrete of the San Gabriel Fire Department told the local Fox 11 news outlet.

“We were trying to fight it from the inside, we weren’t able to because it became unsafe,” Negrete said. "During the course of the fire, portions of the roof fell upon the firefighters.”

The crew was joined by 50 additional firefighters who worked to distinguish the flames by spraying water up 50 feet to the wooden roof, the outlet reported.

“The roof is completely gone,” the captain said. “The fire traversed the wood rapidly, the interior is pretty much destroyed up into the altar area.”

The bell tower and museum reportedly remain intact.

"It's a tragic loss for our city. It's our city identifier," Negrete told the local news outlet.

The fire was contained by 6:48 a.m., and no injuries were reported, the captain added.

The cause of the fire is under investigation. But the recent destruction of monuments to Junipero Serra, the founder of the California mission system -- whom Indigenous activists view as a symbol of oppression -- will be a factor in the investigation, Negrete said.

“This will be another box that they’re going to check off,” he added.

Robert Barron, auxiliary bishop of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, said he was “deeply troubled."

"Friends, I was deeply troubled to learn that the historic San Gabriel Mission church in Los Angeles was seriously damaged by a fire early this morning,” the bishop tweeted Saturday.

The church was the fourth mission founded by Serra in 1771, during the era of Spanish colonization.

Serra has been the target of protests in recent years because of the oppression that activist say was caused by converting Native Americans to Catholicism -- forcing them to abandon their culture or face harsh repercussions.

In 2015, Pope Francis elevated Serra to sainthood, which reportedly heightened the opposition toward what he symbolized.

The church’s pastor, Father John Molyneux, said in a statement that “the California Catholic Conference of Bishops reminds us that the historical truth is that St. Serra repeatedly pressed the Spanish authorities for better treatment of the Native American community, [but] we recognize and understand that for some he has become a symbol of the dehumanization of the Native American community.”

CynicalContrarian

Peacock
Gold Member
Trump admin. says no...

The Trump administration has denied a request by Minnesota Governor Tim Walz (D) for $16 million in federal aid to help rebuild widespread damage in Minneapolis caused by rioters protesting the death of George Floyd.

Late Friday, Walz spokesman Teddy Tschann confirmed that the July 2 federal aid request to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) was denied.

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
This one is especially horrible. 24-year old white woman and her latino fiance are walking around late at night, stopped by a group of black thugs and asked if they support black lives matter. The woman replies "all lives matter", the group becomes aggressive and the fiance pulls a gun to protect them. The thugs leave and set an ambush at the bridge just ahead of the couple's path, assassinate the woman as couple is walking by.

USA has literally gotten to the level where random communist enforcers are murdering people on the street for not swearing loyalty to the party. One moment you're there, the other one you're dead, just because you failed to have the "correct opinion".

Bonus: the thoroughly subverted police are happy about the killing, put in a token effort to find the perpetrators and quickly declare the case unsolvable, with the following cherry on top:

“Our message is that the canal is still a safe to go,” said IMPD Capt. Jerry Leary.
Despicable.

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Short thread on Brooks Brothers that was kinda interesting:

That was a very interesting read by an insider. The problem, as summarized:
Now to the downfall: BB ended it’s 170 year reign as an American owned brand when it was acquired by British firm Marks & Spencer in 1988. They then sold Brooks Brothers to and entity known the “Retail Brand Alliance (RBA)” who then changed their name to The Brooks Brothers Group. The owner of The now BB Group is Claudio Del Vecchio, Italian billionaire and son to the founder of Luxottica. During his reign in charge and the changes in Men’s business fashion, the company began to degrade into a gay, apologetic, “modern” brand that led it where it is today.
Although the company eventually recovered, something similar happened with Smith & Wesson, where the owners sold it to a huge conglomerate that then pandered to the anti-gun crowd during the Clinton Administration. Gun owners abandoned the company in droves. It took the company quite some time to recover. You cannot abandon your customer base and then expect to thrive.

jordypip23

Pelican
Gold Member
This one is especially horrible. 24-year old white woman and her latino fiance are walking around late at night, stopped by a group of black thugs and asked if they support black lives matter. The woman replies "all lives matter", the group becomes aggressive and the fiance pulls a gun to protect them. The thugs leave and set an ambush at the bridge just ahead of the couple's path, assassinate the woman as couple is walking by.

USA has literally gotten to the level where random communist enforcers are murdering people on the street for not swearing loyalty to the party. One moment you're there, the other one you're dead, just because you failed to have the "correct opinion".

Bonus: the thoroughly subverted police are happy about the killing, put in a token effort to find the perpetrators and quickly declare the case unsolvable, with the following cherry on top:

Despicable.

Sickening. I wish the awful MSM would cover stories like this. Lootie's kids are Satan's children. If I was in that situation I would've lied to them just to stay alive though. You have to think like a ((())) sometimes and lie through your teeth just to get around town safely. No use reasoning with lil beasts.