Race riots 2020

Towgunner

Woodpecker
This photo is haunting and disturbing.
Although part of me wishes they would just let the Lincoln monument be destroyed. They are already taking down memorials to war veterans and heroes of the Confederacy, and defacing statues of founding fathers. Why should this treasonous evil man be allowed to stay? Let him go out with the raging mob madness. After all, it was Lincoln who said whites and blacks could never live together peacefully.

Its symbolic. Lincoln freed the slaves and thus gave a big win to Blacks. So why are they vandalizing his memorial?

Make sense? Not to me either.

What does make sense is that this is madness. And that should scare us all.

Sherman

Ostrich
I find it interesting that Democratic officials aren’t uniting behind a congressional commission to investigate the police in America. The hypothesis being put forth is that there is a systemic problem in the entire United States. So why isn’t any Democrat calling for a congressional investigation or commission like was done in 911? Then evidence could be collected to determine whether the hypothesis is true or false and reforms could be proposed at the federal level. The Feds have enough leverage even though police are a state function. My guess as to why not: 1) this is being used politically to defeat Trump and the Republicans, 2) they would have to go against the police unions which are extremely strong, 3) they are afraid that no bias would be found, or 4) they, in fact, do want police because they are afraid of losing their own property or lives if this nuttery goes to far. All this protest and destruction, and no coherent demands are being made.

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member
I understand Covid-19 resulted in a massive economic shock. Okay get it. However, before the lockdown we had an incredible economy. It was ripping! And employment for "aggrieved" groups like Blacks had never...NEVER been better. Just today the jobs data was the best in our history, or something remarkable like that. Plus unlike in the 1960s, there is no Jim Crow laws or any of that today. As we all know, the tide has been changed and companies are begging to hire minorities, qualifications and competitiveness are irrelevant. And, the cherry on top is that men, white men, are the class of people that do not get any help and affirmative action. We're treated poorly as second class citizens in the media etc. We're discriminated against and its systemic.

Yet we're seeing social insurrection that is exceeding the 60s in many respects. What the heck is going on?
The economy might have been decent, but you have too many people living paycheck to paycheck for one thing. Second, thanks to COVID, so many things have been shut down. All the outlets for the young folks... college campuses, restaurants, bars, clubs, even many beaches ... then throw in the unemployment that has been climbing out of it. It is just a recipe for disaster. Any toxic notions that may have been in a young person's mind only gets amplified now.

8ball

Kingfisher
The economy is coming back up, unemployment rate drops this month, everyones 401k is almost back to pre corona virus.

Keep in mind some parts of the economy are still shut down, vegas just opened a few days ago and not reflected on this report, sports is opening up next month and also very important business convetions and other big events that have been scheduled for august september are now NOT CANCELLED. There are also sections of the economy like movie theaters that might have a permanent decline so we are looking at a transition to other type of jobs. Also many companies in california are hiring remote workers else where in the US. There will likely be concentration of wealth shift away from big urban areas.

If the economy comes back at 1 % decline in unemployment each month, then we are looking at early end of year "ok levels" and early spring next year at pre corona levels.

I posted this at this race riot thread because it is linked, none of this would have happened if we weren't all stuck at home with 14% unemployment.

presidentcarter

Ostrich
Gold Member
Already posted this in his personal thread, but I am going to repost it here.

Joe Rogan tells his millions of viewers that the looters were mostly white kids:

He's a meat head who attempts to seem smart and has garnered millions of followers doing it.
Never liked him or got any value from his work. Now the Bernie Sanders fan is lying through his teeth. Has he not see the abundance of footage showing a certain demographic doing most all of the looting?

Fire this clown from your listening queue.

He's a meat head who attempts to seem smart and has garnered millions of followers doing it.
Never liked him or got any value from his work. Now the Bernie Sanders fan is lying through his teeth. Has he not see the abundance of footage showing a certain demographic doing most all of the looting?

Fire this clown from your listening queue.
I am not an avid Joe Rogan viewer at all. I saw this because I these guys commented on it, I did not watch the original interview.

Monty_Brogan

Woodpecker
Gold Member
The economy is coming back up, unemployment rate drops this month, everyones 401k is almost back to pre corona virus.

Keep in mind some parts of the economy are still shut down, vegas just opened a few days ago and not reflected on this report, sports is opening up next month and also very important business convetions and other big events that have been scheduled for august september are now NOT CANCELLED. There are also sections of the economy like movie theaters that might have a permanent decline so we are looking at a transition to other type of jobs. Also many companies in california are hiring remote workers else where in the US. There will likely be concentration of wealth shift away from big urban areas.

If the economy comes back at 1 % decline in unemployment each month, then we are looking at early end of year "ok levels" and early spring next year at pre corona levels.

I posted this at this race riot thread because it is linked, none of this would have happened if we weren't all stuck at home with 14% unemployment.
They’re plastering their black bullshit all over our nations capital; ret. generals coming out of the wood work to talk about “injustices,”; they want to disband police forces; the m’fer killed is allowed to have hundreds if not thousands at his funeral, while whites get nothing.

Sir, pardon my French: you’re out of fucking touch with reality. Your 401k means fuck all if you don’t have a nation to call home.

Easy_C

Crow
Do we have any more video being posted from what's going on in major cities right now?
W

Since we're getting into the weekend again we need to worry for now on keeping a close eye on how things develop so we know in advance if they're about to start targeting new areas.

I had a good conversation with a friend who's an engineer about these protests. He's 40 years old and has seen three dramatic changes in his STEM field: 1) the inrush of women (many of whom aren't as capable), 2) the inrush of foreign engineers (who are often too scared to "rock the boat" and can be mediocre and underpaid) and 3) evil management who sacrifice quality and safety for short-term profit. Remember the Kobe helicopter crash? Well, this person worked at the company that supplied parts for that helicopter company before he was fired for not signing off on bogus safety certifications.... This kind of corruption is now endemic in our society.

I told him my simple (apparently, now "racist" view) is that society should only care about who has the best skills for the job. Race and other factors should not matter. Put simply: like flying an airplane, the only thing you should care about is whether the pilot is the best skilled person. Who cares is if this often means it is a white or asian man?

What I hope some people realize is that these fake justice movements were never--really--aimed at solving the purported problem. Just like in Soviet Russia, "victims" and "oppressors" are simply created by propaganda (such as one group of poorer Caucasians attacking a wealthier group of Caucasians, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collectivization_in_the_Soviet_Union ). Marxism has never, ever, solved these issues (just look at Cuba, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_Cuba).

These fake justice movements are filled with useful idiots. No society is perfect and there is always room for improvement, but this is not the way forward. I hope Christian priests and ministers can work to shape this debate, instead of merely reacting (or even joining in!). There is no secular fix for a spiritual problem.

Last edited:

Eban

Sparrow
Unless these rioters start dying from coronavirus in the next couple of weeks, I will never believe anything the media tells me again. I went from being afraid to come near a person to feeling weird for actually paying for chips and soda at 7-Eleven. And this is all because I happen to watch the news once in a while.