Race riots 2020

Easy E

Kingfisher
In other news, here is what happens when you fail to police peoples neighborhoods, and they instead turn to policing it themselves:

I am sure the libs are tying themselves in knots trying to explain what is happening.

My guess is they will just ignore it.

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member
In other news, here is what happens when you fail to police peoples neighborhoods, and they instead turn to policing it themselves:

I am sure the libs are tying themselves in knots trying to explain what is happening.

My guess is they will just ignore it.
NYC was the main city that I felt like some Latinos had a semblance of real solidarity with Blacks mainly because more Latinos in NY actually identify as Black & are also heavily into the hip hop culture that spawned out of NYC initially (ie. Puerto Ricans & possibly some Dominicans). Chicago's Latino population is predominantly Mexican (like Los Angeles) with a small, but sizable percentage of Puerto Ricans in the mix as well. Mexicans in cities like Chicago & Los Angeles (and maybe the Texan cities) often stick with their own kind & don't mix & mingle with Black folk too much unless they are a little bit more on the yuppie / "progressive" side.

NYC was the main city that I felt like some Latinos had a semblance of real solidarity with Blacks mainly because more Latinos in NY actually identify as Black & are also heavily into the hip hop culture that spawned out of NYC initially (ie. Puerto Ricans & possibly some Dominicans). Chicago's Latino population is predominantly Mexican (like Los Angeles) with a small, but sizable percentage of Puerto Ricans in the mix as well. Mexicans in cities like Chicago & Los Angeles (and maybe the Texan cities) often stick with their own kind & don't mix & mingle with Black folk too much unless they are a little bit more on the yuppie / "progressive" side.
The Latinos that I know who are from south America try to stay away from Blacks as much as possible. There parents don't let their kids befriend blacks and the ones that do are considered trash by the rest. My experience is mainly with elsalvador Guatemala and Mexico.

Easy E

Kingfisher
At this point, police budgets for most big cities are going to be cut simply due to the financial crisis most of these cities are in.

The question is more of how much will they be cut. With all the "defund the police" chatter, I could see some cities going crazy and really cutting deep into their police budgets.

This would result in most (all?) middle class fleeing cities for the suburbs, further weakening the tax bases of cities.

Of course, this experiment has been tried before.

Go watch a movie like Taxi Driver or Serpico to see what NYC was like in the 1970's.

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
This is a coup attempt.

I hope Trump speaks with Putin every day, because Putin has been under constant coup attempts for 20 years and there are probably no one in the world with more experience in quelling such problems as him.
I agree with most of the above, except it is more an attack on America itself, and the remaining traditionally-minded people, than a coup against its sitting government. The enemy already controls our government. No, Trump is not some enemy of the deep state or the powers that be. Even if you considered him a good guy, the president is more the figurehead or really the mascot of a country. He has little real power, particularly if he's not a strong man and a good leader which we haven't had since at least JFK.

Supposedly Trump talked to Putin right before he did the photo op in front of the Episcopal church a few days ago.
If Trump wasn't completely brainwashed he should also talk to Raul Castro in Cuba and Maduro in Venezuela. Not that they would take his call!
At this point, police budgets for most big cities are going to be cut simply due to the financial crisis most of these cities are in.
A cynical man would say this was partly done to provide a rationale for the budget cuts to police departments that will necessarily happen as local governments around the country are broke due to the coronavirus shutdowns. Local governments cannot print money like the Federal Reserve can, and they will have to make huge cuts to their budgets... now they can pretend the people asked for this.

8ball

Kingfisher
They’re plastering their black bullshit all over our nations capital; ret. generals coming out of the wood work to talk about “injustices,”; they want to disband police forces; the m’fer killed is allowed to have hundreds if not thousands at his funeral, while whites get nothing.

Sir, pardon my French: you’re out of fucking touch with reality. Your 401k means fuck all if you don’t have a nation to call home.
The system is set up so that only incremental change is possible, It just so happens that left has had incremental victories for the past 50 years and that is why we are in this place. The left didn't get to where they are today by demanding victories right off the bat, it took BLM 6 years to make a come back coincidentally executed on the worst depression since the last great depression. The left has been relentless in pushing its agenda with all the tools at their disposal knowing that what they discuss and do now will be implemented years from now.

The right needs to have the same mindset if they wanna win. Re-electing Donald Trump, taking over the house, keeping the senate, continuing placing conservative judges at all levels. You need at least 3-4 election to see fundamental change.

Otherwise...we are looking at a different type of government...

Yes, one of the biggest mistakes of the right, is thinking that when you win, that's it, you've won forever.

Notably, most conservatives thought that communism was dead with the fall of the Sovjet Union, yet here were are 30 years on with a communist coup attempt on America.

Why does this happen?

The right has this idea of victories, like if they were victories in ancient battles. Winner takes all. That's not how it works though.

The left uses tactics of Total War on all fronts, at all times. That's because the left are consumed and obsessed with leftism. Right wing people consider politics as something to deal with, but only so you don't have to worry about it. That's why right wing people set up institutions. They want to create politicking machines, that they can outsource their political participation to. This makes the right extremely vulnerable, when those institutions are too abstract founded.

If we had, for example, a christian teocracy or a white ethno-state, then the goals of institutions could always be judged by: is this good for the christians/whites?

But we don't have such institutions do we? They are institutions based on abstract philosophy such as human rights or "the constitution".

Which makes the institutions very vulnerable to infiltration by leftists. Right wing people, only focusing on preserving the institutions, don't notice when "their" institutions are corruped.

Basically conservatives need to get back to Total War themselves. It must permeate every action. All conservatives must try to get into positions of power everywhere. They must have absolutely zero tolerance for leftism, if it is in their child's school or the landowner association.