Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member
Goldin Boy said:
jordypip23 said:
Another really good one that I caught on satellite radio:

Passport Gift ft. Conway The Machine & CRIMEAPPLE - Black Hoodie

Griselda Gang is the shit. They're like a mix of a Mobb Deep and Lox, just not as a lyrical as Prodigy or Jada in his prime:

Plus they have some of the best boom bap beats I've heard, don't how they pay for the sample clearance though. Some of my fave joints:

I need to catch up on more of their catalog (I'm aware that they just released new material too). Well they have access to bigger budgets now that they're signed to Shady Records / Def Jaml. They can probably clear a lot of samples.

fokker

Ostrich
South African Kwaito rap by a white Afrikaans guy. He then switched to bland Afrikaans-language pop rap. Recommended if you like early Hadag Nachash.

godfather dust

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Any recommendations on ignorant but lyrical albums/mixtapes this decade?

I like records about bitches, dope, guns, and crime. If it has a message (Kendrick, J. Cole, etc) I do not like it.

brick tamland

Kingfisher
"Talk up" by Drake is a beast of a track. Also one of Jay-Z's most memorable zero fucks given verses.

"Y'all killed X and let Zimmerman live, shhh, s-streets is done"

[attachment=39400]

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    474.6 KB · Views: 183

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member
Mikestar said:
Found a new EP which is filled with hardcore bangers. It's called Freddie by Freddie Gibbs. Must listen

He is a solid rapper. I had his album from early 2014, Piñata, produced by Madlib. I'll check for the EP.

Goldin Boy

Pelican
godfather dust said:
Any recommendations on ignorant but lyrical albums/mixtapes this decade?

I like records about bitches, dope, guns, and crime. If it has a message (Kendrick, J. Cole, etc) I do not like it.

Lyrical songs about dope, guns, and crime. Don't know what you mean about "lyrical" but here are some suggestions:

Check out Conway the Machine and Westside Gunn from my post 440 up on this page.

Anything by Hell Rell:

Start with Eat with Me, or Eat a Box of Bullets and For the Hell of It::

Dave East, harlem cat: Start with Hate Me Now Mixtape:

Anything by Tekashi 69 check out the Day69 mixtape

The last Big K.R.I.T album was pretty awesome it got a 9/10 from Needle Drop. Ive been listening to Nav, A Boogie, Dave East, and Pnb Rock.

]

Stonk

Robin
I just got Tech N9ne's 'Planet' album. Dude's really good. Its a shame he's relatively unknown compared to these junkies in the industry.

NF too is dope. Clean tracks and tight flow. Similar to Eminem.

Winston Wolfe

Woodpecker
LeBeau said:
Winston Wolfe said:
Anyone feeling Apathy here? Very underrated lyricist in my opinion with a very dope and raw flow.

Yes, defintely slept on, witness this little known head nodder:

Didn't know that one, thanks!

I like everyone on this banger, but Apathy's verse (he's last) is savage. Murders it. Esoteric a good 2nd (another very underrated MC by the way)