Recipes

triplechoc

Pigeon
Woman
Orthodox
I'm thinking about making this today. Very simple, quick and very delicious:

Crispy-skin salmon with smashed lemon, caper and olive oil potatoes (for 4 people):

J4CK5T3ZUDXV2AOXBLTID2QXRU.jpg

It's all on the website but I'll copy and paste here:

For the potatoes:

800 gWaxy potatoes (Main)
3 TbspCapers, up to 4 tbsp
1Lemon, Finely grated zest and juice
3 TbspDill, chopped
¼ cupFlat leaf (Italian) parsley, chopped
3 TbspExtra virgin olive oil, good quality , up to 4 tbsp

For the salmon and asparagus:

4Boneless salmon fillets, 120- 150g each (skin on) (Main)
2 bunchesAsparagus
1Lemon, cut into wedges
1 knobButter

Directions:

1-Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water and 1 tsp salt.

2- Bring to the boil and cook until potatoes are tender, 12-15 minutes.

3- Season both sides of salmon with salt. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large frying pan on medium to high heat.

4- Cook salmon, skin-side-down, until skin is crispy, 2-3 minutes.

5- Flip and cook flesh side for a further 1-2 minutes until salmon is almost cooked through (salmon is best served medium rare).

6- Set salmon aside to rest for a few minutes while you cook the asparagus.

7- Wash asparagus spears and add to the hot frying pan, cover and steam for about 2 minutes until bright green and just tender.

8- Add butter and toss with asparagus.

9- Drain potatoes and gently crush (smash) potatoes with a fork.

10 -Gently toss smashed potatoes with capers, lemon zest and juice, dill, parsley and olive oil, and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

11- To serve: Spoon some potatoes on each plate and top with a piece of salmon and asparagus spears. Serve with a wedge of lemon on the side.

IconWriter

Robin
Woman
Orthodox
Wondering if we need a separate Christmas cookie recipe thread, or just jump in here. A Christmas Cookie Recipe Exchange! What are your traditional ones that you MUST make or it wouldn't be Christmas? I'm only just thinking about it now, so will chime in soon.

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
Catholic
If anyone is bored and wants to be wowed by homemade pasta making and beautiful food creations, I found this lady on social media and watching some of her videos are fascinating!

As far as I know, she is on YouTube and Instagram and here:

https://saltyseattle.com/

Just one example, but gorgeous to watch:

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
Catholic
Another fasscinating food creator I found is called TinyKitchenTM. They literally make tiny, real dollhouse style zed food in a tiny functional kitchen!
They are on YouTube and Instagram that I know of. I think TikTok too, but I refuse to visit there.

But anyway, watching a couple of this short videos and marveling over the precision is one of my guilty pleasures:

https://instagram.com/tinykitchentm?utm_medium=copy_link

Starlight

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant
Another fasscinating food creator I found is called TinyKitchenTM. They literally make tiny, real dollhouse style zed food in a tiny functional kitchen!
They are on YouTube and Instagram that I know of. I think TikTok too, but I refuse to visit there.

But anyway, watching a couple of this short videos and marveling over the precision is one of my guilty pleasures:

https://instagram.com/tinykitchentm?utm_medium=copy_link

What a neat “little” channel! I love miniatures (was really into dolls as a child). The attention to detail is amazing. Kind of entrancing to watch. I could see myself passing an entire afternoon watching their clips lol
Wondering if we need a separate Christmas cookie recipe thread, or just jump in here. A Christmas Cookie Recipe Exchange! What are your traditional ones that you MUST make or it wouldn't be Christmas? I'm only just thinking about it now, so will chime in soon.
It would be fun to do a cookie picture thread where we can post pictures of our Christmas confections. I’m sure Kitty could wow us with some beautiful creations.

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
Catholic
What a neat “little” channel! I love miniatures (was really into dolls as a child). The attention to detail is amazing. Kind of entrancing to watch. I could see myself passing an entire afternoon watching their clips lol
I have definitely spent a lost hour or two just watching one right after another. No shame lol!

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
Catholic
Another recipe I found in my search for new winter/comfort food recipes to try. Focusing as much as possible on whole food ingredients and keeping things seasonal or at least growable in an indoor garden as much as possible.

1639099771694.jpeg

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox

The only cookies I ever remember making for Christmas were peanut butter camels; we had a cookie press that molds cookies into shapes. My MIL has an electric one and they usually do sugar cookies.

I started baking as a teen/adult and make different cookies every year as gifts. Any cookie is a Christmas cookie if you put a bow on it. :)

We did Holy Supper in our house so Christmas Eve smells very strongly of onions, garlic, saurkraut, and pine. I love it!

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
Made this for gifts before:

I put sprinkles on top. The salty/sweet combo is really good.

Also these:

They taste like halvah! I've made these for a few Christmasses and people always like them; the tahini balances out the sugar and it's not overbearing. It's also a nice accompaniment or alternative to a peanut butter cookie.

christie2

Robin
Woman
Orthodox
Yes, I like that board, I like seeing cooks and bakers solve problems/challenges with creative ideas. Never seen this before.

What was she making, unfilled dumplings? What else did she make there?