Recurring styes in eyes?

pialo

I used to have a friend who had the same issue and he took Lysine daily.
As a kid i suffered from them a lot. Soaking a washer in hot water and putting your head down and placing the washer over your face before you go to bed usually causes the stye to pop or disappear.

The_CEO

Pelican
Take out your contacts when you don't "need" them (e.g. when you come home).

Def. don't sleep in them if you can avoid it.

Are you living in an area with air pollution?

Go to the optical dept. at a pharmacy and get "Eye Wash". It will come with a little cup that you fill with saline or something and you basically bathe your eye. It will remove debris but is also soothing.

TravelerKai

Peacock
Gold Member
Roosh said:
So for years I've been getting recurring styes in both eyes. The ones I get are smaller than this:

They go away on their own in 2-3 days but they make my eyes itch and are annoying in general.

I'm 100% sure it's related to my contact lenses, because I don't get them during periods of wearing glasses. I don't understand because I wash my hands carefully before putting them one (drying my hands on paper towels instead of normal towels). I also leave my contact case face down on a napkin in the bathroom in case there is bacteria in the air from when the toilet flushes.

I do have a hunch that it's the contact solution I'm using so I'm switching tomorrow to a different brand.

Am I missing anything?

k2-_ceb63c2d-325e-4efe-b88a-80f5b55ff628.v1.jpg

Roosh you need this. I had this problem badly some years back and this stopped it hands down.

Also, you need to stay hydrated. My eye doc exposed my lack of drinking water when I went to see him about this.

I hope you can find something like this wherever you are. I wouldn't waste too much time on eye drops because they just don't work as well.

Crow
Gold Member
I think this is a coincidence or the work of the illuminati.

Within 24 hours of reading this thread I got my first stye, after 7 years of wearing contacts.

Not sure what to think.

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
So after a week of no contacts, I was still getting styes. This suggests a blephartis type of condition where my eye ecosystem is not well. This is what I'm doing now:

1. No contacts

2. 2x day heat compress

3. 2x day eyelid clean

4. Blinking exercises throughout the day where I blink 20x

5. No more night mask while I sleep

6. Wash pillow cases more frequently.

I'll report back after some time doing this.

You should try to increase your dependence on glasses while ditching contact lenses for a while, like more than a week, maybe that could help.
I have a bit of weakness in my eyesight, but prefer to wear glasses when needed, because of the problems contact lenses could cause, like allergy, the effect of heat on them and such.

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
So I got a diagnose from an eye doctor. It's meibomianitis, a dysfunction of the glands on the eyelid rim that secret an oil that locks in the eyes' moisture. My glands are blocking, leading to the little bumps that I thought were styes. This creates dry eyes that can cause various issues like red eye and discomfort.

She gave me an eyelid wash that actually made the dryness worse and moisturizing eye drops which improved the symptoms but need to be re-applied every 4 hours or so. I did some research and my diet is probably a cause, so I stepped up my omega-3 intake with fish oil and flaxseed oil, which studies have shown can improve dry eye issues. Only issue is that it can take a month or longer to see improvement.

My thinking is that my eyelid glands are producing an inferior oil, so I need better oil inputs in my diet to change it.

I've been running game with prescription glasses nearly full time for about a month now, and am not getting a lower response from women. In clubs I wear glasses until I can acquire a target, and then take them off in the approach or while dancing. In day game I just keep them on. Girls say I look smarter but older with them.

redbeard

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Quick tip for soothing styles. Don't bother heating up a towel and putting it on your eye, or buying a heating pad to put on it.

1. Assemble water, crock pot, epsom salts, 3-4 rags.
2. Put all ingredients in the pot on high.
3. Allow water to heat (half an hour or so).
4. Rotate using the wash rags on your eye. Use one for a minute, put it down, boom you've got a fresh towel right there. Stand over the crock pot to recycle the hot water.

A hippy chick also told me colloidial silver in the eye is a great homeopathic trick. I didn't try it...but next time...

https://www.infowarsstore.com/silver-bullet-40-off.html

BURNΞR

Pelican
In Australia you can get Chloromycetin eye ointment to shove into the eyes at night without a prescription for styes but not sure about where Roosh lives. Other than that it's keeping the area lubricated 3-4 times a day. Hopefully he can get to the root cause of it, maybe an underlying health condition? Hopefully not.

MidniteSpecial

Ostrich
Gold Member
Roosh have you tried making your own silver water and flushing your eyes with it?

This is what I do for my stomach and sinuses works like a charm.

Can get a silver generator online for around $300.

[email protected]

Pelican
Gold Member
I get these from time to time, and I don't wear glasses or contacts. I heard that rubbing your nose and then your eyes can cause these too.

I haven't had one in over a year (knock on wood) but I wash my eyes daily with a wash cloth and baby shampoo. I don't know if this helps in prevention or not.

The bad thing is these are TERRIBLE to look at and I'm self conscious about them. The last couple I have had I used a warm wash cloth and compressed for while and then I will pop it. I know that's a big no-no but I'm impatient and these things can ruin your week.

redbeard

Hummingbird
Gold Member
MidniteSpecial said:
Roosh have you tried making your own silver water and flushing your eyes with it?

This is what I do for my stomach and sinuses works like a charm.

Can get a silver generator online for around $300.

Bust out a datasheet!

I deal with sinusitis regularly. Always trying to find new treatment.

Are you wearing hard lenses or soft lenses? I had hard lenses for one year and it was miserable. Otherwise I'd suggest testing different brands of solution. I use revitalens even though its harder to find, but opti-free bugs my eyes. And odds are it isn't hygiene, because if it were I'd be blind by now. Also, if you're sleeping with them in, try taking them out at night. I know the new ones are supposed to be oxygen permeable or whatever, but I still wake up with eye snot if I leave them in overnight.

redbeard

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Roosh you still having this issue?

I went no contacts (glasses) for a while and things got better. I wore contacts for the first time in like a month last night...holy shit my eyes got dry, then I woke up with a tiny stye in the same place I've been getting one.

Edit: I finally got those OcuSoft wipes TK recommends, they're great! I think i just need to keep using them.

TheBowery

Robin
Gold Member
Can't recommend LASIK highly enough. Not only have I gotten rid of chronic issues with dry eye and styes, but also (just as big) the mental tax of buying/packing/wearing glasses and contacts.

Takes 15 minutes, no pain, back to normal life the day after. Miracle technology.

redbeard

Hummingbird
Gold Member
TheBowery said:
Can't recommend LASIK highly enough. Not only have I gotten rid of chronic issues with dry eye and styes, but also (just as big) the mental tax of buying/packing/wearing glasses and contacts.

Takes 15 minutes, no pain, back to normal life the day after. Miracle technology.

How does lasik cure styes?

Stirfry

Woodpecker
While I don't know how to prevent them, a dilute solution of boric acid in warm water is an old fashioned but effective treatment for styes. I used to get them all the time as a kid, and it worked well.