Red/God pill tips for Married Men

Jaszczurka

Sparrow
I don't see a generic thread for this yet, so I'm starting one. Would like to share, learn, and discuss tips based upon the insights of those on RVF:

General Frame: Can we expect our wives to be a lovers, "best friends", soulmates and such? Is it necessary to accept, particularly in this modern age, that we need some (healthy) boundaries?

Is there marriage game? For example: My wife was annoying me by coming into my home office while I was remote working and on a tight deadline. She started cleaning with strong bleach which felt like I was in a WWI mustard gas attack. I asked her to wait an hour until my lunch break. She ignored me. So I picked up the cleaning pail and threw it out the window to the front yard. She left the room and that was that. Later, she was unusually nice to me. Did I do the right thing? Or was there a better way?

Any good recommendations on based marriage books out there? How about church counseling? Advice about selecting a good marriage counselor who won't make things worse coming from a feminized society?

Are there "good"/reasonable women out there who don't need much management or "game" or even better yet, keep the marriage going? I thought my paternal grandmother was a saint, but I only knew her as a grandson. I'd like to hear other married men's experiences.

And last (for now) but not least, how can we based men be better husbands for all involved? This isn't just about me defending myself from my wife flaking about something or other. I'm always happy to just make my marriage better for the sake of it.

Jaszczurka

Sparrow
My wife took off one Saturday at noon with her mother. Didn't leave a note and didn't return until late evening. Next Saturday I left at noon, didn't leave a note, and returned late evening. She was astonished when I got home and she never did it again.

I prefer not to act this way but I have to live in this world.

WEDO

Woodpecker
When your wife is a stay at home mom and you do a good job of providing for your family.....you can do what you want and say what you want with very few repercussions.

It also helps if do not co mingle funds and the property you buy should be in your name only or even better an irrevocable trust that leaves everything to your children.

I have my house in the USA in an irrevocable trust that states that I can live in or rent the home until I die and then it goes to my daughter at death.

Noway for the wife to get any part of it in a divorce or have me removed from the property.

The best way to stay married in the USA...is by making sure there isn't much of an upside to getting a divorce.

kel

Pelican
I have my house in the USA in an irrevocable trust that states that I can live in or rent the home until I die and then it goes to my daughter at death.
Can you give some details on this? Do you have other legal maneuvers that you use like this one you can provide details on?

WEDO

Woodpecker
Can you give some details on this? Do you have other legal maneuvers that you use like this one you can provide details on?
I cost me 2k to have a lawyer create a irrevocable trust.

And I did the paperwork to put my house in the trust. The details or the trust are private so only you the grantor...trustee and benefactors know the details of who gets what upon your death. Also since you no longer legally own the property there is no way for you to lose it to a lawsuit or creditors.

The trust dictates who can live in the property and who gets to keep any income the property produces and since the property is not in your name it isn't part of the marital assets.

Since my daughter is only 2 years old ....I have the trust setup to let her have the house at the age of 18....In case I die before her 18th birthday.

Otherwise it would be possible for the mother to take control of our minor daughter's assets.

Even if you can't put your house in a trust because it has a mortgage...it is still to your benefit to buy your house before getting married.

Reactions: kel

kel

Pelican
And you're essentially the executor of the trust until then? Does this work with other stuff? Seems like a loophole the gynocratic court system would've accounted for.

WEDO

Woodpecker
And you're essentially the executor of the trust until then? Does this work with other stuff? Seems like a loophole the gynocratic court system would've accounted for.
I'm the grantor of the trust and my wife is the trustee which is the same as an executor of a will. ..

But with very limited powers since absolutely nothing can be taken out of an irrevocable trust until whatever conditions are met as written in the trust.... like the death of someone.

I have the trust setup that my wife could sell the house if I die before my daughter is 18 ...but all the proceeds of the sale would have to be put in the trust.

i really don't know why more people don't use irrevocable trusts. The only draw back that I see is that you can't really sell the property or take assets out once that assets are out into the trust.