Red Pill and PUA Personalities Converting to Christianity Masterthread

EddieSmith

Chicken
From my personal experience, it's been quite a journey going through this transition. I was immersed in RSD culture for 4 years before I found Roosh's PUA/red pilled stuff and then followed suit by turning to Christ. I used to praise these clowns masquerading as self-help gurus while all they were doing was leading me down a deeper path into sin. It's sad to see young men today still eating up their new-aged snake oil.
Not making an excuse for it, as I was one of these guys who learned these techniques. Back when slutty behavior was considered “empowering” and you weren’t charged with assault for not calling her again. I was a dumb horny guy who believed what women were trying to make themselves believe.

So I can see how guys from this younger generation fall into it. The constant swiping through yoga pants pics, the mainstreaming of insulting one’s manhood (incel), modern day abnormal interactions with women (I won’t even talk to a female in her 20s unless I’m being paid) — the PUA way seems like a natural solution for them.
But the pendulum is swinging thankfully

Wutang

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I watched a video of a UK PUA who was very active in the scene back in the day. (I think the guy mentioned he met Roosh and was acquainted with another Brit guy who's name rhymes with "Mauser").

Anyway I was scrolling through some daygame (whilst I disagree with daygamers and PUA lifestyle I still think some of the theory involved can be useful into building attraction when looking for a long term relationships) videos months ago when one of his came up where he talks about dealing with depression and how he tries to overcome it. Funnily enough not at one point during his video did he manage to make a link between his depression and lifestyle. I was thinking to message him that maybe spending your 40s running "game" is not good for one's soul and hence the feelings of subconscious guilt and despair.
You're thinking of Krauser. He did a review of Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis not too long ago.

It’s usual for atheists to have sneering contempt for Christians [3] by talking of God as the “big spaghetti monster in the sky” or making comparisons to Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. Christopher Hitchens aside, they seem to avoid saying such things to Muslims of course [4], which exposes both their cowardice and uneven-handedness. From reading Mere Christianity I came away with quite the reverse of contempt. C.S.Lewis lays out a balanced, sophisticated and tightly-reasoned case not just for Christian virtues but even for logical arguments in favour of belief in God.

That surprised me. The atheists have long since imposed the frame that their side is “reason” and the Christian side is “faith”. This frame has held for decades, such that I’d never even heard a Christian make a logical case for theism [5] and it surprised me when C.S.Lewis made such a powerful one.

There’s only one hour until the New Year is rung in and my 2018 reading / reviewing project comes to a close. I simply can’t give Mere Christianity the attention it deserves right now. It took me several days to read and I’ve never thought as deeply as when reading it. This is a book which fairly rattled some of my foundational assumptions and settled conclusions on the religious question. It gave me a radically different view of what Christianity is, and why it’s so important to the West.

Wutang

Hummingbird
Gold Member
He has at least one daughter (I think it’s up to two now), still does PUA boot camps in Europe, and is very much into New Age and gnosticism. He’s made a few electronica/rock songs recently as well.
I remember Mystery being described in Neil Strauss' "The Game" as being someone who had nothing but contempt for anything supernatural and his experiences as an aspiring professional magician creating illusions to fool people just reinforced that mentality. I read some of his old forum posts over at Fast Seduction last year and he was into a lot of the evopsych stuff that a lot of other PUAs were into - all the ideas about how women are seeking to secure the genes of dominant males. I want to say that this transformation is a big change - but I'm of the mind that a gnositism is mere the other side of the humanist materialist mindset. What differs is that the secret knowledge is.

R.G.Camara

Kingfisher
The transition of the PUA community to the God-religious community makes sense. Once you've actually experienced sexual success, you realize how empty and fleeting it is. No, you won't be constructing a harem of obedient slave girls who make you happy; you just deal with headaches, spinning plates, loneliness, and entitled women who will leave you the moment they're bored.

We are made for something more than pleasures of the flesh.

It sort of reminds me how many stage magicians also became both debunkers of false charlatans (who claimed to be real magicians) and yet also sought out the supernatural---they wanted to be proven wrong. E.g. Houdini was famous for unmasking fraudsters, but instructed his wife to hold a seance every year on Halloween to see if he could, actually, contact her from beyond the grave.

They, too, sought the beyond.

MichaelWitcoff

Ostrich
Orthodox
I remember Mystery being described in Neil Strauss' "The Game" as being someone who had nothing but contempt for anything supernatural and his experiences as an aspiring professional magician creating illusions to fool people just reinforced that mentality. I read some of his old forum posts over at Fast Seduction last year and he was into a lot of the evopsych stuff that a lot of other PUAs were into - all the ideas about how women are seeking to secure the genes of dominant males. I want to say that this transformation is a big change - but I'm of the mind that a gnositism is mere the other side of the humanist materialist mindset. What differs is that the secret knowledge is.

I haven’t spoken to him in three or four years, but when I broached the topic of Christianity he responded that Jesus was initiated into the Egyptian mysteries and came out of that experience believing He was God. It’s a stupid, but common perspective amongst those with a very superficial understanding of things and a secret axe to grind when it comes to God. If you ever watched his show on VH1 you may have also noticed that he used Germanic runes on the little charms he gave out to the participants, which to me makes it seem like he’s deeper into the occult than he likely admits in public (as I suspect a solid number of the big-name PUA crowd was).

In truth, most of the top-level people in most fields of endeavor are involved in the occult. Actors, musicians, businessmen, etc. and when you know what to look for, they are largely not even trying to hide it.

Zagor

Woodpecker
Unpopular opinion ahead

To be quite frank, I find it hard to believe any of you 'converts'. I'm sceptical about how much of it it real and how much of it is just swinging with the pendulum. Guys that were in the PUA game couple of years ago are now deeply religious, and who can tell what new fade they will follow a couple of years from now?
Now I was never into PUA lifestyle, it looked silly and tedious to me to spend your days going out and pulling chicks. I was drawn to RotK and this forum more because of the social commentary stuff and that's mainly why I'm still here, despite the religious U-turn. I was raised as a catholic but I stopped believing like since I was 12 or something and even though I question my lack of faith to this day so far I have not found a reason to believe. Although I do personally subscribe to christian morale and values. What I'm meaning to say that my values and opinions have stayed mostly the same during my adult life and I can say with conviction that they are truly of my own, and that I'm not swayed by peer pressure or the pendulum swinging the other way. So I ask, is this true for all of you as well?

monsquid

Kingfisher
From a purely practical perspective, dedicating your 20s and 30s to game and PUA is a terrible decision for your career and earnings potential. For every successful PUA guru and writer that has made some money there are thousands who have wasted away their youth with nothing to show for it.

A man's peak earning years are between 35 and 55 when his skills, experience, and self confidence have developed and in balance, but wasting your 20s and 30s with frivolous pursuits like PUA leaves you to hourly wages, debt, and insecurity.

Hermetic Seal

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Gold Member
Unpopular opinion ahead

To be quite frank, I find it hard to believe any of you 'converts'. I'm sceptical about how much of it it real and how much of it is just swinging with the pendulum. Guys that were in the PUA game couple of years ago are now deeply religious, and who can tell what new fade they will follow a couple of years from now?
Now I was never into PUA lifestyle, it looked silly and tedious to me to spend your days going out and pulling chicks. I was drawn to RotK and this forum more because of the social commentary stuff and that's mainly why I'm still here, despite the religious U-turn. I was raised as a catholic but I stopped believing like since I was 12 or something and even though I question my lack of faith to this day so far I have not found a reason to believe. Although I do personally subscribe to christian morale and values. What I'm meaning to say that my values and opinions have stayed mostly the same during my adult life and I can say with conviction that they are truly of my own, and that I'm not swayed by peer pressure or the pendulum swinging the other way. So I ask, is this true for all of you as well?
As someone who's been a Christian this whole time and just sort of pick-and-chose aspects of Game to integrate into my life, I realize I'm not the intended recipient of this comment, but I do think I'm well-equipped to tell if someone is genuine or not.

In Roosh's case, I think it's clear he means it and he has literally put his money where his mouth is in this regard. I can't really evaluate other ex-PUA guys who've gone Christian, so that's up for debate. I do think there is a certain type of Muh Evropa Tradition, Richard Spencer-esque dude who's jumped on board Christianity, generally of the Trad Catholic or Sedevacantist vein (though not exclusively, as I think Vox Day fits in here as well) because it serves as a means to an end.

Towgunner

Kingfisher
This is a refreshing thread. I recall posting on the God pill thread or even on ROK about this. The Red Pill eventually leads to the God Pill. Its a remarkable journey. One item that I think reveals itself through this process is the practicality of Christianity. Life is not just measuring the world around us. Humans interact with the world around us and, perhaps most importantly, with each other. Its like the difference between looking at a picture and being the star in a movie. And its within these intersections that Christianity shows its divine practicality.

Wutang

Hummingbird
Gold Member
adding Anglin

I'd be careful about Anglin. He seems to be a hyper-contractarian guy that jumps to whatever position stirs up the most controversy and has the most troll potential. Back when he was younger before the Daily Stormer days he was apparently a super lefty and also a militant atheist that would constantly argue against Christianity in conversations with the people around him. Obviously people can change but from looking at his history he seems to be one of those guys that changes positions in order to maximize his status as an imp pissing against the current cultural winds.

Zanardi

Woodpecker
Orthodox
I am wondering if anybody thought the PUAs will remain PUAs for life. It was a period in their lives, now it's gone and they're up to something else. Some of them took the God pill, other vanished into oblivion... everybody did what they wanted to do, in the end.

PS: This article is spot on with this thread.

Last edited:

kel

Ostrich
Unpopular opinion ahead

One must admit that there is a trend - you see it on Twitter and other such places. Some of that is just open grifting and trend chasing, but also a lot of it is a real search for deeper meaning. That might manifest as reaching out blindly for something, but that doesn't mean it's insincere. To be honest, it is a sort of mid-life crisis for a lot of guys, even guys who aren't exactly at mid-life exactly, but who are at an age when in other times they would have already reached certain life milestones (family, etc) but now find themselves eternal adolescents. But, I still don't think that (necessarily) makes it insincere. And this is all just speaking generally, not about anyone on this forum.

I am wondering if anybody thought the PUAs will remain PUAs for life. It was a period in their lives, now it's gone and they're up to something else. Some of them took the God pill, other vanished into oblivion... everybody did what they wanted to do, in the end.

PS: This article is spot on with this thread.

I never identified as a PUA, but I was a degenerate who oriented his life entirely around travel, partying, b.nging, and to some extent career rather than more transcendent matters. I figured that I could continue doing that until I was fifty years old at least. Not that I was exactly planning or looking forward to that, but it seemed very possible and even "strategically" smart to me (avoiding the marriage minefield, etc). Frankly, I still think strictly speaking I was right - I could easily do that until I was fifty (lockdown bullshit aside) or beyond and continue to be relatively successful, and in many ways that is a legally and socially more strategic way of running your life. But, living life "strategically" like that is not what leads to real, deep meaning in life. So, I hit the wall.

Zanardi

Woodpecker
Orthodox
I figured that I could continue doing that until I was fifty years old at least. Not that I was exactly planning or looking forward to that, but it seemed very possible and even "strategically" smart to me (avoiding the marriage minefield, etc). Frankly, I still think strictly speaking I was right - I could easily do that until I was fifty (lockdown bullshit aside) or beyond and continue to be relatively successful, and in many ways that is a legally and socially more strategic way of running your life.

Yeah, there are many cases in which we think we can do something for our entire lifes. The fallacy in our thinking is that we suppose things will stay the same. Fortunately or not, they don't and we need to adapt.

Sorry you hit the wall. How's the recovery?