Red Pill Movies

One of the only films I saw worth seeing this past year was Ford vs. Ferrari. It did not disappoint.

The story of a fish-out-of-water British Mechanic slash racing driver, a Texan maverick, the gigantic Ford Motor Company and its functionaries, and lying Italians at Ferrari, to watch the film is see Ford's efforts to get back at Enzo for a business deal gone sour iat the 24 Hours of Le Mans. A bit long at 2 1/2 hours, I think any guy could appreciate the film, even if not a gearhead. Miles and Shelby's strong personalities only make the story more interesting. Yes, the film is grounded in fact.

I don't want to share too many plot details, but the noted Carol Shelby and Ken Miles at every turn are fighting the bureaucrats at Ford to ensure that can compete at Le Mans. The end is a bit poignant, but the message I take away is to do what you need to, and everyone else be damned.

SilentOne

Woodpecker

This movie is about a deadly virus from China that ends up infecting people worldwide. It's interesting because of its realism and chilling ending.

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
SilentOne said:

This movie is about a deadly virus from China that ends up infecting people worldwide. It's interesting because of its realism and chilling ending.
This one is trending on Netflix here in Colombia

Salinger

Woodpecker
Tail Gunner said:
I watched a mind-blowing film last night. I do not want to give too much away, not even the genre. It is one of those films that you should watch without knowing too much about it, because it is so interesting and surprising. I did feel like I needed to shower after watching the film, if that tells you anything. The trailer does a great job of not giving too much away. Highly recommended.

That looks interesting, and yet at the same time something I really don't wish to see.

Lord of War - this movie isn't about game. But to me it shows how you can't trust everybody. His wife ratted him out, his brother got emotional and almost got him killed. Plus, this movie just shows you the reality in this world.

Californication (tv) - okay ! it's not a movie. But Hank just has that attitude that we should have. He never worries. He doesn't give a shit.

Suits (tv) - Look at Harvey Specter. Man that guy dresses, looks, and acts like boss.
I was always partial to early season Mike. Being a pothead but owning harvard leftist trained 'pros' because he's just got a gift: a beautiful mind. (Harvey was the perfect mentor for him)
Granted I haven't watched in a few seasons, and from what I understand Mike got written off and married to Markle's character. Sad really, early seasons Mike was so relatable for a guy like me.

But I'm trying to change. So what the hell do I know? :D

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
You should watch this one, Midsommar, and then Hereditary after. The next day, check if you have PTSD.
lol. Your comment reminds me of a t-shirt that I once saw in NYC:

"I survived Eraserhead" -- along with a likeness of Spencer (Eraserhead).

It was probably the most alienating film ever made.

a eraserhead 2.jpg

His delivery of "You are one of the morons I've been fighting my whole life. MY WHOLE FUCKING LIFE", so funny.

Liked that filmed a lot. Very interesting to see the narcissistic personality played by Frances Dormand's character.

Not to mention the cold and bossy behavior from Tilda Swinton in this scene

Rotten

Robin
Tao of Steve, Roger Dodger, Sprung, Boomerang, etc are not “Red Pill” movies.

They are blue pill And they work according to a formula.

Act 1 set the guy up as a player - First the movie will throw girls at him. Second, this guy will articulate “rules.”

Act 2 will see the player meet a “special someone,” who is actually quite ordinary and doesn’t have much special about her. The player will proceed to break every single rule he articulated in the first act.

Act 3 will see the player get dumped and humiliated. Most of the time he’ll end up groveling her. Depending on the genre of the movie the girl might not even take him back.

This is the “player gets played” genre. It’s a chick flick girl power staple. It’s supposed to convince the blue pill masses that the player lifestyle is bad or that the simp at the end of the movie is a better man than the player at the start. A movie like Tao of Steve should be turned off right after he meets the girl. Only the beginning is of any worth.

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Tao of Steve, Roger Dodger, Sprung, Boomerang, etc are not “Red Pill” movies.

They are blue pill And they work according to a formula.

Act 1 set the guy up as a player - First the movie will throw girls at him. Second, this guy will articulate “rules.”

Act 2 will see the player meet a “special someone,” who is actually quite ordinary and doesn’t have much special about her. The player will proceed to break every single rule he articulated in the first act.

Act 3 will see the player get dumped and humiliated. Most of the time he’ll end up groveling her. Depending on the genre of the movie the girl might not even take him back.

This is the “player gets played” genre. It’s a chick flick girl power staple. It’s supposed to convince the blue pill masses that the player lifestyle is bad or that the simp at the end of the movie is a better man than the player at the start. A movie like Tao of Steve should be turned off right after he meets the girl. Only the beginning is of any worth.
I concur. I have not watched any of the four films that you named -- and I would not want to do so. Just watch "Roman Holiday," where Gregory Peck maintains frame throughout the film. His character arc is simply growing a conscience (as a take-no-prisoners newspaper man). He never becomes less of a man, just a more moral man. IMO, best RomCom of all time.

Lazuli Waves

Woodpecker
You won't be disappointed if you watch the 1937 version of Captains Courageous. It's based on a Rudyard Kipling story.

captains-courageous-1937_u-l-pjt7680.jpg

It's about a weak, entitled boy who falls overboard on a ship. He is rescued by fishermen, one of whom becomes a father figure who teaches him how to be a man. It's not a cartoon version of masculinity, but a deeply moving one. It deals with fatherhood in a way that no other film I've seen does. It's a very masculine story that is emotional and loving.

This is the only movie I'd recommend which I think everyone here would find deeply moving. I think every male should watch this movie.

Hypno

Hummingbird
Its been a while since I've seen Roman Holiday. I don't remember the plot but it was a pleasant movie. The one thing that stuck with me was how empty the streets were. It was released in 1953, so presumably shot in 1952, a full 7 years after the war. Yet there are hardly any cars or even scooters on the street. If you've ever experienced the traffic in Rome this is astounding.

Matianus

Pigeon
I recommend Risen. It's a film about a Roman commander Flavius who witnesses the death and resurrection of Christ, and about his own personal struggles of coming to the faith in a pagan world. Flavius becomes 'red pilled' (or, should I say 'god pilled'). It also isn't as happy-go-lucky as some modern Christian-themed films.

Dr. Black Pill

Sparrow
Suspended
I always thought that various Bonds were kind of fey and prissy.

Brosnan, in particularly, seemed effeminate. He was more effeminate in REMINGTON STEELE but still effete in the Bond films. He looked the most like Fleming wrote Bond and he was physically graceful but he just wasn't that good in the combat scenes.

Moore summarized the best of British reserve and dapper smoothness-he was also the funniest-but not the action star. He was like somebody's wry British uncle.

George Lazenby was the best in the action scenes-he'd been a stunt man-but he was just not charismatic. He seemed like a dolt.

Dalton was a Shakespearean actor and seemed like a ham.

Craig is good in the action scenes and thuggish-seeming, but not smooth at all.

Perhaps this has been mentioned before, but I would highly recommend The Equalizer.

Denzel Washington plays the role of a man who anonymously helps people that have been wronged.
He is devoted to pursuing justice and does not take any credit for the work that he does.

The movie inspired me a great deal.