Red Pill Movies

dylanwbx

Chicken
My favorite filmmaker of all-time, hands down, is Richard Linklater and I think a lot of his movies are very red-pilled, even though the guy is probably a typical Hollywood lefty. First, you have Dazed & Confused and Everybody Wants Some, both of which are simply FUN movies. Both take you back to teenage/YA Americana where you're permitted to be a masculine individual allowed to thrive in his own local tribe of other fun-loving brothers who seem like the types to have your back in a bar fight. Although the promiscuity of some of the characters is frowned upon, a lot of the characters in those movies find their S.O. through natural pair bonding of being allowed to safely navigate their towns and engage in good-natured social events. Reminds me a lot of that YouTube video of the 7-11 near a Disneyland and how awesome this country used to be. Linklater's other series that I adore is his "Before" series. For me, it perfectly captures how a natural romance should begin, warts and all. From the initial man-to-woman interaction in the first film, to the display of non-neediness after an 8 year break in the second film, to the AWALT reality the main character has to inevitably come to terms with in the final film, this series is easily Linklater's magnum opus.

Salinger

Kingfisher
My favorite filmmaker of all-time, hands down, is Richard Linklater and I think a lot of his movies are very red-pilled, even though the guy is probably a typical Hollywood lefty. First, you have Dazed & Confused and Everybody Wants Some, both of which are simply FUN movies. Both take you back to teenage/YA Americana where you're permitted to be a masculine individual allowed to thrive in his own local tribe of other fun-loving brothers who seem like the types to have your back in a bar fight. Although the promiscuity of some of the characters is frowned upon, a lot of the characters in those movies find their S.O. through natural pair bonding of being allowed to safely navigate their towns and engage in good-natured social events.

Linklater is definitely a lefty. Just look at the opening sequence in Dazed where the teacher reminds the class that the Bicentennial celebration for that year was because white slave owners didn't want to pay their taxes.

Yes, he has alpha characters in Dazed but he peppers the script with leftist political talk.

Reminds me a lot of that YouTube video of the 7-11 near a Disneyland and how awesome this country used to be.

Ha, I love that video. BTW...remember the guy who walked in with the French chick? Well that guy saw the video on YouTube and got in contact with the narrator. Apparently, they met up somewhere, had a drink, and talked about the old days, including what happened to the French girl. That's crazy to think about...that this random stranger he met one night would contact him 35 years later because of a video he shot.

SCarecrow

Chicken
"You think she's your friend? They are not your friends. You think they are going to be there when things go bad? You think again."

I'm quoting this almost directly and this quote has resonated with me for the last 3 years.
My wife and I were married for 26 years(last August) when she passed(November). We had our good moments and our bad, but if the world was falling down around my ears I knew she had my back. We met in the army so having my back isn't hyperbole. Friends? Not always I guess but " one flesh" without question.

The Silence of the Lambs

While the movie is known for introducing one of the greatest antagonists in cinema, Hannibal Lecter, he is not the main villain in the story. The serial killer whose hunt makes up the objective of the main character is a transexual who kills women and skins them in order to manufacture a 'woman suit'.

Having a transexual as the main villain would not be possible today, as sexual perversion is celebrated and glorified.

Jünger

Ostrich
Next week, TCM is showing Tension (1950). Not a top noir, but worth a look.

Nice guy druggist Richard Basehart, married to sloot Audrey Totter, decides to take action.

My favorite filmmaker of all-time, hands down, is Richard Linklater and I think a lot of his movies are very red-pilled, even though the guy is probably a typical Hollywood lefty. First, you have Dazed & Confused and Everybody Wants Some, both of which are simply FUN movies. Both take you back to teenage/YA Americana where you're permitted to be a masculine individual allowed to thrive in his own local tribe of other fun-loving brothers who seem like the types to have your back in a bar fight. Although the promiscuity of some of the characters is frowned upon, a lot of the characters in those movies find their S.O. through natural pair bonding of being allowed to safely navigate their towns and engage in good-natured social events. Reminds me a lot of that YouTube video of the 7-11 near a Disneyland and how awesome this country used to be. Linklater's other series that I adore is his "Before" series. For me, it perfectly captures how a natural romance should begin, warts and all. From the initial man-to-woman interaction in the first film, to the display of non-neediness after an 8 year break in the second film, to the AWALT reality the main character has to inevitably come to terms with in the final film, this series is easily Linklater's magnum opus.
I recommend A Scanner Darkly, probably my favorite dystopian movie next to They Live.

gent

Pigeon
Linklater is definitely a lefty. Just look at the opening sequence in Dazed where the teacher reminds the class that the Bicentennial celebration for that year was because white slave owners didn't want to pay their taxes.
I always interpreted that scene as making fun of that kind of 70s feminist teacher.

I always loved Dazed and Confused too, though now I have to admit I find the glorification of drugs and alcohol to be off-putting. I lived through enough of that life myself (partly because of the influence of movies like Dazed and Confused) and I know the misery that it brings. It is a funny movie, but I can't endorse it in good faith.

I like a lot of movies from the 1920's-1940's. 'The Blue Angel' is a classic German movie that is worth watching as a warning not to allow yourself to fall for a woman who is seductive. In the short-term, it is understandable, but in the long-term, it leaders to misery. The movie was made in 1930 and is not a silent movie (but the sound quality is a bit poor). Josef Von Sternberg also directed 'The Last Command' and 'The Docks of New York' which are in my top 10 silent films.

Below is the English version but try to find the German version with subtitles if possible. I prefer movies in their original language.