Registration is open again

Roosh

Cardinal
The new software has a lot of features that I think will limit the effect of new trolls. New accounts are limited, as described in the FAQ...
"I just signed up but I cannot start a new thread, upload an avatar, like posts, etc."

To combat spam and trolls, new members must go through a trial period where they can only reply to existing threads no more than once every 10 minutes. Once 14 days have passed and you accumulate 15 posts and you have received at least 5 likes to your posts, you will then become a member with full privileges. Here are other features you will not be able to do as a new member: report posts, react to posts, upload avatar, upload attachments, edit signature. You are a full member when you no longer see the "Newbie" banner under your name.
Like usual, hit report if you see violators. If it gets bad, I'll go back to limiting registration to the first day of the month.

The new member thread is located in the sandbox:

Last edited:

joost

Kingfisher
I like the accumulation of likes for posts. Might limit the trolls who just post to reach a number. And limit the leeches who don't contribute.

Rob Banks

Pelican
I notice if you hit "register" (or when you try and update your personal information) it asks for your gender and there is an option for "female."

Do female account automatically get banned, or are you now accepting female members?

Roosh

Cardinal
I may create a seperate unisex subforum, but females will not be allowed to post in existing discussion forums.

Rob Banks

Pelican
OK.

I mean, I've talked on this forum about deep personal and spiritual issues and the men here have been very helpful in guiding me to walk with God.

If there were females present, I probably wouldn't have felt comfortable or felt is was appropriate to talk about the things I did.

I know females can already read the forum by just being lurkers if they want, but if there are actual female members that can post (even if in a separate subforum), it's different.

Additionally, if you allow communication between male and female members (i.e. via PM, or by allowing males to post in the unisex subforum), then this forum (or at least that section of the forum) might turn into something similar to a dating site for traditionally-minded Christians. I'm not sure if this forum is the place for that, but that is just my opinion.

Roosh

Cardinal
I didn't ask you for an opinion on a policy I'm considering. If I need feedback on a policy, I'll ask. Otherwise, you may give your thoughts after I implement it.