Relaxation Measures in Romania

Zanardi

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Today, our President announced a set of relaxation measures do to the decrease of covid cases and advancement in vaccination. Those measures are:
  1. No more masks outside, except for a few crowded places (fares, bus stations, etc);
  2. No more night curfew;
  3. Shops, restaurants, etc. can set their own closing time;
  4. Stadiums and all outdoor sporting events are allowed to receive spectators up to 25%;
  5. Weddings, festive meals, etc. are limited to 70 people outside and 50 people inside. If the organizer(s) can guarantee that all the persons that participate got the vaccine, this limit is waived;
These measured apply starting May 15th.

The second wave of relaxation measures is to be announced for August 1st.

Opinions? Comments?

das_Mofa

Chicken
can't take these measures for granted, because of "the Indian variant" that is spreading. One day they will ease the restrictions and the next day new measures will be introduced again. Boris Johson also worried about the spread of Indian variant and "ruling nothing out" to tackle it. I believe that summer will be shorter due to this and in autumn everything starts all over again.

WhiteWolf

Woodpecker
I'm in Romania too and i've never worn a mask, only exception is inside the supermarket. I'm surprised i haven't been fined or arrested. Right now almost 100% of the people on the streets here wear a mask. Today i went inside a bank to the atm machine without a mask, i went inside a car dealership without a mask, so far nobody bothered me. Only time i was harrassed was inside a mall when some little security guard asked me to put my mask on, i was wearing it but only covered my chin, i completely ignored him and walked away.
Its such BS, in the gyms nobody wears a mask, but everywhere else its a crime to not wear it. I'm so so sick of this circus. Romanians are very docile and even though i'm glad that there is a relaxation of the tyranny comming, i'm afraid that in october or so, they will come with some new made up mutation and it starts all over again.

Zagor

Woodpecker
Today, our President announced a set of relaxation measures do to the decrease of covid cases and advancement in vaccination. Those measures are:
  1. No more masks outside, except for a few crowded places (fares, bus stations, etc);
  2. No more night curfew;
  4. Stadiums and all outdoor sporting events are allowed to receive spectators up to 25%;
  5. Weddings, festive meals, etc. are limited to 70 people outside and 50 people inside. If the organizer(s) can guarantee that all the persons that participate got the vaccine, this limit is waived;

Opinions? Comments?
Situation in Croatia:
1. Masks outside have never been introduced.
2.Curfew has never been introduced.
3. Shops, restaurants, etc. can work until 22:00, thinking about scraping that rule
4. Stadiums and all outdoor sporting events so far still closed for visitors
5. Similar.

fortyfive

Woodpecker
And the end of relaxation would be September 1 st., I suppose based on last year. That means you can enjoy walking on the street with ice cream without a mask one month a year. Great improvement.

Zanardi

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Use it or lose it I guess, while it lasts...they'll probably double down in the fall if they don't get 95% vaxx rate. Enjoy the summer to the max, travel till you drop.

Most certainly not. I don't think any country has set such a lofty goal, because vaccination is not mandatory. Yes, these measures are a consequence of the vaccination (a bit under 4M people got at least a shot here), but I don't think any country with a significant number of inhabitants will have 95% rate.

Travelling was never a problem here. We could travel as much as we want to. But yeah, I'll visit some beautiful places, not frequented by the average tourists. Romania has plenty of 'em.

can't take these measures for granted, because of "the Indian variant" that is spreading. One day they will ease the restrictions and the next day new measures will be introduced again. Boris Johson also worried about the spread of Indian variant and "ruling nothing out" to tackle it. I believe that summer will be shorter due to this and in autumn everything starts all over again.

Nobody took into account the Indian variant here. As I said in the first post, the plan is for the second set of relaxation measures, starting August 1st. However, last fall there were warnings about the British variant, which lead here to a maximum of 10k cases daily in November. It was quite an experience.

I'm in Romania too and i've never worn a mask, only exception is inside the supermarket. I'm surprised i haven't been fined or arrested. Right now almost 100% of the people on the streets here wear a mask. Today i went inside a bank to the atm machine without a mask, i went inside a car dealership without a mask, so far nobody bothered me. Only time i was harrassed was inside a mall when some little security guard asked me to put my mask on, i was wearing it but only covered my chin, i completely ignored him and walked away.
Its such BS, in the gyms nobody wears a mask, but everywhere else its a crime to not wear it. I'm so so sick of this circus. Romanians are very docile and even though i'm glad that there is a relaxation of the tyranny comming, i'm afraid that in october or so, they will come with some new made up mutation and it starts all over again.

Are you Romanian or a foreigner who is in Romania? I guess the later. You don't get arrested for not wearing a mask, only fined. And if you weren't fined... then we're on the same team, because I have almost never worn a mask outside, despite having a few chats with some police officers. The city where I live is not crowded at all. It is almost empty after 7:30 PM so it doesn't make any sense to wear the mask. This doesn't mean that the police didn't fine anybody else, though.

I am surprised the mall security guard let you walk away so easily with the mask under your chin.

Yes, comparing to the Americans we are more docile. This is part because of our recent history. You aren't going to see Black Bucharest Matters or AnTIMISOARAiffa here.

I wouldn't call this state of events here a tyranny, though. Comparing to what is was here in the last years of the Communist regime, you'd gladly take the mask and three shots rather than going through what was going on back then.

Situation in Croatia:
1. Masks outside have never been introduced.
2.Curfew has never been introduced.
3. Shops, restaurants, etc. can work until 22:00, thinking about scraping that rule
4. Stadiums and all outdoor sporting events so far still closed for visitors
5. Similar.

Not very different from what we have now.

Romania seems like somewhere you could bribe a doc to give you a fake vax cert. Would I be wrong?

Most certainly yes. I don't see a real reason for why you'd wanted to do that. There is no discrimination between people who got the vaccine and people who didn't get it.

And the end of relaxation would be September 1 st., I suppose based on last year. That means you can enjoy walking on the street with ice cream without a mask one month a year. Great improvement.

Actually, things got more serious in November last year. Night curfew from 23:00 to 5:00 (later it was from 22:00 to 5:00), masks everywhere, online school 100%, restaurants weren't allowed to serve indoors (this is how I found out now cool it is to eat a pizza and drink a beer at -2 degrees Celsius).

I hope they don't get a spike. This is what happened to other countries and unfortunately, it didn't go well.

So do I. But things look promisingly well at the moment I am writing this.

Now I remembered one Romanian politician, who also suppressed Romanian people until they had enough. Nicolae Ceausescu was his name. Maybe better not to tease people from the land of Dracula -)

Exactly! This is a lesson the virus seemed to understand very well :D

zetts

Sparrow
I hope they don't get a spike. This is what happened to other countries and unfortunately, it didn't go well.
Which countries are you talking about in particular? Did those spikes translate to hospitalisations? Did those spikes come due to new testing rules that were introduced at the same time (more testing to "stay safe" during reopening)? How come reopening works for some countries, does it maybe have to do with seasonality and not lockdowns? You'd be the first person in the world who has proof of lockdowns working, not just politicians and their personal experts claiming it and using seasonality to their benefit. With that being said, I don't care if they get a spike in "infections", it has no relevance to actual life, only if you chose so.

WhiteWolf

Woodpecker
Are you Romanian or a foreigner who is in Romania? I guess the later. You don't get arrested for not wearing a mask, only fined. And if you weren't fined... then we're on the same team, because I have almost never worn a mask outside, despite having a few chats with some police officers. The city where I live is not crowded at all. It is almost empty after 7:30 PM so it doesn't make any sense to wear the mask. This doesn't mean that the police didn't fine anybody else, though.

I am surprised the mall security guard let you walk away so easily with the mask under your chin.

Yes, comparing to the Americans we are more docile. This is part because of our recent history. You aren't going to see Black Bucharest Matters or AnTIMISOARAiffa here.

I wouldn't call this state of events here a tyranny, though. Comparing to what is was here in the last years of the Communist regime, you'd gladly take the mask and three shots rather than going through what was going on back then.

I am half Romanian, been coming to Romania my whole life and i have Romanian citizenship, but only for the last year i've been living here permanently.
Actually i saw a video of a guy being arrested for not wearing a mask, so i guess it can happen if you are very unlucky and behave in an agressive way against police. I have not once worn a mask outside and have not been fined.

I remember how Romania was in the late 80's when i was a kid and i came here to visit family. All the shops were empty and people were struggeling. But in a way, there was more freedom in the 80's, than in the last year, at least back in the 80's you could go wherever you wanted at any time of the day or night.
This is definately tyranny, many people lost their jobs, our freedom of movement was gone, forcing people to wear a face diaper, constant lies and propaganda on tv all day long, poisoning the population with vaccines,... and all this over a fake pandamic...if that is not tyranny, then i dont know what is.

Hopefully relaxation measures starting tomorrow will be permanent, but i am afraid that when the seasonal flue returns, the lockdowns will return. Romanians do what they are told. Very little rebelious spirit here unfortunately, which surprises me, i guess people are afraid of fines and many believe the propaganda.
I do notice that behind closed doors, nobody cares about the covid scam, people have parties in their homes with groups of people and nobody wears masks.

Last edited:

Mountaineer

Ostrich
Gold Member
  2. No more night curfew;

Opinions? Comments?
It's part of the plot. Poland is also relaxing tomorrow. It comes top down from the oligarchs. Curfew here is illegal without state of emergency but that also would put the gov in a position to be sued by the public for reparations. In terms of masks since new year the percent of wearers have been dropping, most don't wear it now and people don't self-police so if you enter somewhere without it you most likely won't have to deal with anything. I even had an unplanned encounter with the police and the officers haven't said a word about me not having a diaper.

Mountaineer

Ostrich
Gold Member
Yes. Look at UK, they didn't lax their restrictions because Boris suddenly felt human again. If it was more effective they would've kept the pedal to the metal. Other countries acting in unison is a clear sign they are working for the same master and the master is going to lift his boot for a bit before he presses harder. This is not happening because they are losing this game at this point and we are such a formidable enemy to them, no no no, it's part of their plan. And it also isn't because of how the virus is doing now. There is no friggin' virus! It's all mind control.

Last edited: