Reporter slapped by man during race coverage: "He took my power"

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
Matsufubu said:
If getting slapped on the butt takes your power then you never had any power to begin with.
If getting slapped in the butt takes away power, its a wonder i get out of bed in the morning.

Aloha!
 
I didn't read all that much into the "took my power" comment. I took it to mean he embarrassed her. Is she going to milk the situation for attention and possible career opportunities? She's a TV reporter. She likes attention. Most likely she wants to get noticed and get a job in a major market or on national TV. Basic self-preservation should tell you not to go smack her ass, especially with a camera rolling.
 
She may have not like being slapped on the butt from what she sees as a low-value man, but mannnnnnnnnnnnn is she luvin' all this attention.

In an alternate reality, the dude would be made to do a few hours of community service and Miss Important Reporter chick would go back to reporting Fake News.

Move along folks, not much to see here...
 

la bodhisattva

Kingfisher
She's exploiting the situation. In the end, it will help her career and she'll look back on this moment as one that ultimately benefited her.

However...

Keep your fucking hands to yourself. If some shit wit decided to do that do my girlfriend, sister, daughter, or mother, I can guarantee my response wouldn't be "bro, work on your game and get that hell outta here."
 

RDF

Woodpecker
^ Agreed. Both sides can be wrong.

She's clearly milking this for all its worth, and there are obviously many things far worse than being smacked on the ass. On the other hand, the guy clearly shouldn't have done that. You don't just go around grabbing random women.
 
John Michael Kane said:
She may have not like being slapped on the butt from what she sees as a low-value man, but mannnnnnnnnnnnn is she luvin' all this attention.

In an alternate reality, the dude would be made to do a few hours of community service and Miss Important Reporter chick would go back to reporting Fake News.

Move along folks, not much to see here...
You copied the format of my signature! How dare you take my power!
 

Horus

Ostrich
Gold Member
debeguiled said:
This is an example of a woman forgetting the woman's code of secrecy and pulling back the curtain and telling too much.

She didn't emphasize being offended or victimized or hurt. She emphasized power.

In the early 70's, when feminists first started complaining about male behavior, they also made a promise, that the world would become more loving and kind the more power women got.

Little by little, as successes for feminists rolled in, they got a bit hazy about the promises, eventually forgetting them altogether.

Nowadays all the feminists talk about is power and why they need more of it. They talk about being fierce, empowered, having control, because that is what feminism is, a naked power grab.

What was her power? Her power was her job and the money and attention it gave her, and her power was the new girl card which means that a woman can do or say pretty much anything and be forgiven, and let's not forget, she has all to privileges of women of the past, being treated as a weaker and more vulnerable creature who needs to be protected.

Culturally speaking, if every time you do something positive you can take full credit for it, and every time you do something negative other people will make excuses for it, you have some serious power, especially when 50% of the population lives in a world where the situation is completely reversed.

Any time a man does something bad it is all his fault and all his choice and he should be punished and shamed, and any time a man achieves something it is completely taken for granted or explained away as luck.

That girl has power all right. She is living a charmed life based on unfair social norms, and deep down inside, she knows it.

An unexpected slap on the ass is an instant reminder of what we all know anyway, that she is just a girl who has gotten too big for her britches.

Which is why her immediate reaction wasn't fear or humiliation, let alone moral outrage. Her immediate reaction was anger, that some man she doesn't even know could take away her unearned power so easily, with such a basic gesture. That was what was going on in her mind. That she had lost her ill gotten power that she doesn't even believe she deserves in the first place. She knows that when men come to their senses they will simply take back the power they have given to women for no reason.

Obviously that guy was an idiot for doing what he did, seeing as how right now, women DO have the cultural power, and even if they didn't, you shouldn't go around slapping them in the ass like that.

She seriously let the cat out of the bag though. In her mind, even if it weren't true in reality, all it takes is a stranger to give her bum a crack, and all of her power disappears.

She is trying to tell us something, though unconscious it may be, which is that she knows she has power she shouldn't have, and if men simply stopped giving it to her, they could have it back in a moment.
This is s very important post.
 
Vladimir Poontang said:
John Michael Kane said:
She may have not like being slapped on the butt from what she sees as a low-value man, but mannnnnnnnnnnnn is she luvin' all this attention.

In an alternate reality, the dude would be made to do a few hours of community service and Miss Important Reporter chick would go back to reporting Fake News.

Move along folks, not much to see here...
You copied the format of my signature! How dare you take my power!
Comrade, in Russia there is no intellektual property rightz. What do you take me for, a kapitalist pig?!
 

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
Abelard Lindsey said:
WombRaider said:
Some in the YouTube comments say the reporter is overreacting. But it's the me-too era, and he put her in a bad spot by smacking her ass on live TV. If she lets it slide, she appears weak, which is not a good look when you're trying to climb the ranks of TV news.

He's 43 (and a youth minister!) so you'd think he'd know better than to act up on camera.

What do you think?

I don't think she's overacting. I think she needs to go after this guy. She cannot do her job as a reporter if people can physically treat her like this and get away with it.

The guy who did this is stupid. You can clearly see his face and body in the video.
After the interview she probably said "Um, ya know, now that I'm pretty popular how do you feel about giving me a job here?"
 

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
Abelard Lindsey said:
WombRaider said:
Some in the YouTube comments say the reporter is overreacting. But it's the me-too era, and he put her in a bad spot by smacking her ass on live TV. If she lets it slide, she appears weak, which is not a good look when you're trying to climb the ranks of TV news.

He's 43 (and a youth minister!) so you'd think he'd know better than to act up on camera.

What do you think?

I don't think she's overacting. I think she needs to go after this guy. She cannot do her job as a reporter if people can physically treat her like this and get away with it.

The guy who did this is stupid. You can clearly see his face and body in the video.
After the interview she probably said "Um, ya know, now that I'm pretty popular how do you feel about giving me a job here?"
 

RWIsrael

Woodpecker
Man, my black reporter sistahs be getting slapped all the time, but when it's a white girl dey getz all the sympathy.

Slapped white girl syndrome y'all

Also how dare you assume either of their genders!
 

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
RWIsrael said:
Man, my black reporter sistahs be getting slapped all the time, but when it's a white girl dey getz all the sympathy.

Slapped white girl syndrome y'all

Also how dare you assume either of their genders!
Bozarjian is an Armenian name.

Pretty sure they don't consider themselves white.

These are treacherous waters for any man of any color to wade into.
 
mr_ks said:
The guy is a loser and clearly doesnt know what to do when he sees an attractive women from the behind. Anti-Game Recognised.
I did exactly this to a girl back in high school as she was looking out through a window and while the whole school class was watching some 15 years ago.
I remember everyone (including the teacher) was just laughing.
Later that same girl became my girlfriend.

It's just the times that have changed. People act is if they have a stick up their bum and are inable to laugh at stuff nowadays, they take things so serious and get offended all the time.
 
Top