Reports from affected cities

homersheineken

Woodpecker
I live in the heart of downtown Chicago. The north side and downtown near the river which are the wealthiest neighborhoods (River North, Gold Coast, Loop business district) were completely ransacked and destroyed overnight. Plenty of businesses were destroyed during the May riots and had to rebuild only to have massive rioting come back again overnight. Many smaller businesses already closed due to the lockdowns and now more won't recover from this destruction.

This city is out of control and simply unstable. The mayor and police have lost control and this is no longer a protest issue, but rather about skyrocketing violence and aggression coming from "youths" from the South and West sides to terrorize the rest of the city of Chicago. I have lived here for almost a decade and never have felt this level of tension just walking the streets and normies are starting to wake up as it is just impossible to ignore.

Here is a good Twitter account to follow for real updates:

Yeah but they voted in a black gay woman! They are sooo progressive. And they are going to defund the police. Plus she's on top of this 'rona thing and completely destroyed the economy and with all entertainment and restaurants closed (many for good). This is the New World Order as she said.

Sounds like an easy reelection to me. Even if they don't, does it really matter who the elect?

Besides, this is Trump's fault for the busted economy. Pritzer and Goblin are still looking for the Federal handout here.

Cobra

Ostrich
Gold Member
I work(ed) in Chicago right in the loop. I sell consulting services to businesses. These days no one is buyin'.

Last week, I drove in to hang out with doc in the Lincoln area. The place looked dead. People looked distant and cold.. It didn't look like Chicago. It looked like a suburb.

Brings me to my next point. I work with candidates looking for jobs. A 24 year old dude got laid off from a big company in the city. He spoke to his landlord the next day and he's moving to the suburbs next week. He isn't the only one.

I live in these suburbs as well. We have 3 children and we have been fighting with our school district against remote learning. We have not won. Other school districts are facing the same issue (I posted in the Coronavirus laws thread).

Meet fear. They uses it already to shut down the economy. Now they attack the cities where that economy thrives so these businesses stay shut out of fear. They then attack the schools and use the unions to embed more fear, reinforcing it by aiming at our children. Our refuge in the suburbs will now also be at further risk from the liberals moving into our areas who will likely vote left sending us further down. I know this is bleak but please prove me wrong.

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
I work(ed) in Chicago right in the loop. I sell consulting services to businesses. These days no one is buyin'.

Last week, I drove in to hang out with doc in the Lincoln area. The place looked dead. People looked distant and cold.. It didn't look like Chicago. It looked like a suburb.

Brings me to my next point. I work with candidates looking for jobs. A 24 year old dude got laid off from a big company in the city. He spoke to his landlord the next day and he's moving to the suburbs next week. He isn't the only one.

I live in these suburbs as well. We have 3 children and we have been fighting with our school district against remote learning. We have not won. Other school districts are facing the same issue (I posted in the Coronavirus laws thread).

Meet fear. They uses it already to shut down the economy. Now they attack the cities where that economy thrives so these businesses stay shut out of fear. They then attack the schools and use the unions to embed more fear, reinforcing it by aiming at our children. Our refuge in the suburbs will now also be at further risk from the liberals moving into our areas who will likely vote left sending us further down. I know this is bleak but please prove me wrong.
The situation is beyond bleak. Yes, the libtards will now move to red areas and vote blue and turn those areas blue. But more so the Democrats will run this country top to bottom by the mid 2020's, maybe by next year, and when they take over they have already vowed to end the suburbs by changing housing zone laws and move section 8 housing out to the burbs.

EndlessGravity

Woodpecker
Do you (or anyone else) have any intel on the Jacksonville area?
Most of Jacksonville is shitty. You could possibly find somewhere further outside the area and you'd be okay but there aren't many small towns that are worth it nearby. St. Augustine was mentioned but you only have to look at how many houses have been recently listed to see what's happening. In recent years, much of the city turned to AirBnB but that's crashed. The city relies almost exclusively on tourism and like many smaller exoburbs in the state is probably bankrupt, both city and businesses.

@Rogue Statistician is right about Orlando going down hill. It's more like a third world country now. However, I would be cautious with @dicknixon72's suggestion. Polk's communities have lots of problems themselves.

It's not that you have to find a perfect place but there aren't many places in the state left to go. Many smaller areas are either dominated by retirees (who lack real political will or even awareness), pop-culture white trash (fat, drug-addled, and dependent on Walmart and/or the govt), or immigrants (there are no-go small towns way outside the metros and most people aren't aware of them).

If you're going to Florida, do your research or have a good conversation with someone who knows it well.

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
This is the main cause of Chicago's problems, worse than even the subversive Mayor Lightfoot. The police could get tough and arrest tens of thousands of rioters, but they'd all be back on the street within a week thanks to the even worse subversive inserted into a position of extraordinary power.

I'm not sure what can help Chicago at this point except for martial law and public executions.

Do you (or anyone else) have any intel on the Jacksonville area?

It's the only major Florida city where the county went for Trump in 2016 (by a hair though). However, the surrounding counties are VERY pro-2016 Trump. One the surrounding counties for example (Clay County) is the one where the sheriff said he deputize all lawful gun owners if antifa/BLM and other scumbags showed up and acted like fools. Everyone should watch this video; we need more of this in America:

My understanding is that there is a decent jogger population present in parts of Jacksonville with some significant crime in certain sections of the city but outside of that it's pretty safe.

If anyone is familiar with with general region, please share your thoughts.
Jacksonville probably rivals Miami in a list of shittiest Florida city. The area went for trump because of the amount of Naval research there energizing the White vote, but they all live in the burbs and are a minority regardless of what the official stats say (~52% is a lie). The Plandemic has certainly forced a lot of these right leaning people out of jobs, or to other cities (you can tell by real estate listings), as more and more SBIR contracts are canned to cut budgets, among other things like more melanin quotas physically replacing them.

Also keep in mind that Sleepy Joe has all but guaranteed a black women as VP, whom will probably be President after he dies of natural causes. They'll be jogging right to the polling locations this go around. No Hilary this time to suppress turnout.

Lastly, 4 years difference introduces new, increasingly tanned teenagers to the voting bloc, who vote left.

Jacksonville will be bluer than a incel's balls this November, and look like a slightly worse South Africa in perpetuity after an arbitrary lag period.

I'm in Vancouver, WA which is proximal to Portland, OR (where I was born and raised). Report is this: more and more folks are waking up to the sickness of the culture, here. The edgy, punk city has gone from eclectic to degenerate over the past few years and nothing happening right now is much of a surprise to most of the residents. There is a silver lining. As the city decays and garbage and tents multiply everywhere, more and more folks are moving out of the city and finally acknowledging the rot that is occurring. The riots either illuminate the sympathetic types as completely oblivious or is swaying people to actively embracing Trump and the MAGA movement. This is a massive shift.

FullThrottleTX

Woodpecker
Jacksonville probably rivals Miami in a list of shittiest Florida city. The area went for trump because of the amount of Naval research there energizing the White vote, but they all live in the burbs and are a minority regardless of what the official stats say (~52% is a lie). The Plandemic has certainly forced a lot of these right leaning people out of jobs, or to other cities (you can tell by real estate listings), as more and more SBIR contracts are canned to cut budgets, among other things like more melanin quotas physically replacing them.

Also keep in mind that Sleepy Joe has all but guaranteed a black women as VP, whom will probably be President after he dies of natural causes. They'll be jogging right to the polling locations this go around. No Hilary this time to suppress turnout.

Lastly, 4 years difference introduces new, increasingly tanned teenagers to the voting bloc, who vote left.

Jacksonville will be bluer than a incel's balls this November, and look like a slightly worse South Africa in perpetuity after an arbitrary lag period.
I don't consider Jacksonville or any part of North Florida as Florida, they might as well be part of Georgia as they're quite different from the transplant-heavy East and West Coasts.

Miami proper has a Republican mayor, and is probably the safest major coastal city in the US (from rioting/poz) because Cubans are very anti-communist, will never allow the city to fall to "Black lives matter". The cartel/drug trade also won't allow competition (I think of BLM as like a drug cartel). Not that the city doesn't have problems (downtown Miami has way too many homeless people), but there is something to be said about "fun in the sun" making people think less about politics. This is why I would bet on Florida, as Trump has...

I'm in Tampa right now, I'll be in Miami tomorrow!!!
Tampa and St. Pete don't seem too economically damaged by COVID/riots. St. Pete has gay flags everywhere and the Mayor is trying to move police work to social workers. Overall, though, St. Pete's is one of my favorite cities in the US if it doesn't go down an overly leftist route.

Last edited:

Easy_C

Crow
Hmmmm...

That is an interesting consideration. The presence of competing and established organized crime may be a net positive for stability in some areas because they tend to react aggressively to people pushing in.

The current problems with BLM might not have happened with the old school mafia in charge and Mexican + Turkish neighborhoods didn’t have many problems with the looting.

AlwaysMe

Sparrow
Hmmmm...

That is an interesting consideration. The presence of competing and established organized crime may be a net positive for stability in some areas because they tend to react aggressively to people pushing in.

The current problems with BLM might not have happened with the old school mafia in charge and Mexican + Turkish neighborhoods didn’t have many problems with the looting.
Miami is fine. Its a big city with all the attendant problems of a big city. If you're not a fool, its fine. Cubans have built a very liveable place there. Its a little different from the suburbs of "The Wonder Years" to be sure, but most of middle class Miami is great. There are slightly too many blacks, haitians and other third worlders, but its almost certainly the only place in America where everyone will assume that YOU - regardless of how blue your eyes are - speak Spanish. Thats because there are so many white people living there (Americans, Cubans, Spaniards, Venezuelans, Brazilians Argentineans and others who are european) making the city a reasonable place to live. If white people were rare, nobody would assume they speak Spanish. Traffic sucks, but like I said, Its a big city. Show me a big city without shitty traffic.

Broward County, however, is a disaster. Shame, too because the beaches are top notch.

Miami proper has a Republican mayor, and is probably the safest major coastal city in the US (from rioting/poz) because Cubans are very anti-communist, will never allow the city to fall to "Black lives matter". The cartel/drug trade also won't allow competition (I think of BLM as like a drug cartel). Not that the city doesn't have problems (downtown Miami has way too many homeless people), but there is something to be said about "fun in the sun" making people think less about politics. This is why I would bet on Florida, as Trump has...
That's an interesting take on Miami with the whole Cuban/drug cartel influence acting as a counter-force to BLM/Antifia fuckery.

But Miami-Dade county went 66-33 for Hillary in 2016.

That alone makes it a no-go for long-term living.

If Biden wins and does the whole open borders/amensty deal, I could see Miami going downhill VERY fast.

TigOlBitties

Kingfisher
I lived in Fort Lauderdale (Broward County) for about 6 months and did not enjoy it. There are really nice neighborhoods, and downtown and the beach are fun, but lots of the city is either ghetto/trashy, and has shitty people and shitty drivers.

It's a good spot for a vacation or if you're a big partier. I'd much rather live in the Tampa Bay/Sarasota area or further north on the Atlantic side.

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member

You are correct that Chicago and Illinois are crap, they have been for a VERY long time. The balance sheet for the state is awful, and has been awful for at least since Blago. The high local property taxes have also led to corruption in suburban and rural areas. I take white collar fraud courses as part of my training for work and the case studies always seem to be out of Illinois county governments.

The bleakness now gives you Incentive to make a big move. If your business is flat, the liberals are closing in and your kids are out of school why not leave now?

City liberals will be interested in your suburban home for their flight.

I get ads for suburban and rural tax practices for sale in TN and WI all of the time, its not like you can't work in these places and the cost of living will preserve your net income if your gross income goes down.

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member
Landscape of rubble persists as Minneapolis demands taxes in exchange for permits

In Minneapolis, on a desolate lot where Don Blyly's bookstore stood before being destroyed in the May riots, two men finish their cigarettes and then walk through a dangerous landscape filled with slippery debris and sharp objects. The city won't let Blyly haul away his wreckage without a permit, and he can't get a contractor to tell him how much it will cost to rebuild the store until that happens.

In St. Paul, where Jim Stage's pharmacy burned down during the same disturbances, crews have already removed the bricks and scorched timbers. A steel fence keeps out trespassers. Stage expects construction of his new Lloyd's Pharmacy to begin later this month.

The main reason for the different recoveries is simple: Minneapolis requires owners to prepay the second half of their 2020 property taxes in order to obtain a demolition permit. St. Paul does not.

"Minneapolis has not been particularly friendly toward business for some time," said Blyly, who prepaid $8,847 in taxes last week but still hasn't received his demolition permit. "They say they want to be helpful, but they certainly have not been."

City officials say their hands are tied, pointing to a state law that prohibits the removal of any structures or standing timber until all of the taxes assessed against the building have been fully paid.
Cleaning up that mess is expensive. Most property owners must pay $35,000 to $100,000 to clear their sites of debris, with larger tracts — such as strip shopping centers — costing as much as $400,000, according to property owners. That doesn't include the money those owners must pay to get their permits. On average, the owners of properties destroyed or significantly damaged owe $25,000 in taxes for the second half of 2020, which come due in October, according to a Star Tribune review of county property records.

"When it first hit my desk, I was flabbergasted that this was a requirement," said developer David Wellington, whose family owns several properties that were destroyed in the riots. "We need to make noise for people who really need the help and, frankly, it isn't us."

In Wellington's case, the family paid $188,944 in property taxes to get a demolition permit for their Hi-Lake Shopping Center, which was hit by three or four fires that gutted the property. Wellington said his company has deep pockets, so that wasn't a major hardship. But he said many property owners lost their only source of income to the riots and the pandemic, leaving them unable to comply with the city's rules.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
I’m in nyc. I have a small business, a moving company. Business is booming but it can’t be a good sign. In midtown Manhattan it is reminding me of San Francisco: Homeless people have taken over the streets, they are drugged up but the ones I’ve seen are mostly docile and not violent.

I’d guess roughly 30 to 50% of the Manhattan population has bailed, some just put their things into storage and plan to come back next year. Others have left for good. Bear in mind Manhattan has some of the wealthiest citizens of the city, they have the option to retreat to their second home in the hamptons or upstate New York. The residents of Bronx and queens won’t have that luxury.

in the past when I saw homeless people begging on the street there would just be one or 2, now they are making more encampments, large groups of stoned homeless.

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member
I’m in nyc. I have a small business, a moving company. Business is booming but it can’t be a good sign. In midtown Manhattan it is reminding me of San Francisco: Homeless people have taken over the streets, they are drugged up but the ones I’ve seen are mostly docile and not violent.

I’d guess roughly 30 to 50% of the Manhattan population has bailed, some just put their things into storage and plan to come back next year. Others have left for good. Bear in mind Manhattan has some of the wealthiest citizens of the city, they have the option to retreat to their second home in the hamptons or upstate New York. The residents of Bronx and queens won’t have that luxury.

in the past when I saw homeless people begging on the street there would just be one or 2, now they are making more encampments, large groups of stoned homeless.
Yeah I heard the Manhattan folk are decamping to various wealthy outputs such as the Hamptons, SW Connecticut (ie. Greenwich, CT), Long Island, New Jersey, Westchester County NY, Palm Beach (FL), Miami (FL), etc. The usual areas where a lot of them already had connections & fairly easy transit access back to NYC.

Salocin

Sparrow
I'm so glad the Austin police will have $150 million less to hunt Black people now!

AUSTIN, Texas — The Austin City Council has chopped $150 million from the Austin Police Department's budget, roughly 34% of the department's $434 million total budget.

The move comes after months of racial justice protests throughout the city, calling for defunding the police.

Going into Thursday's budget discussions, the council was considering slashing the department's $434 million budget by about a third, or $150 million. Nearly a fifth of that extra money, or $21 million, will go toward things such as violence prevention and permanent housing services. [\quote]