Reports from affected cities

Foolsgo1d

Peacock
If those store owners are dumb enough to pay tens of thousands and then hundreds of thousands to rebuild on the exact spot a human inferno came through and torched it then they're going to get it another time round.

I guess some people are gluttons for punishment.

andy dufresne

Kingfisher
Oh yah...you know the 'globalists' are quaking in their boots. They know who sold them 'rap' music, set up the abortion clinic down the street and runs their pro ball teams.

The globalists won't win.

LeoniusD

Kingfisher
Many of the wealthy have already left NYC and LA is following suit:

NYC:

By the way - in NYC that is not only due to the current development and covid. NYC already had a large spike in crime before the riots and covid due to the anti-policing actions of the mayor who reverted some of the policies of Giuliani.

Now LA is following suit with many celebrities fleeing. It's not much fun to be in the city when you can only leave your secured compound with an armored car and two security guards. They would have to secure their entire families like that which no one wants to do. They rather move to the countryside or the Hamptons which is essentially an enclave for the very rich.

LeoniusD

Kingfisher

Amazing report from NYC. There is a huge exodus also happening from San Francisco and now LA. Note the massive drop in rental prices. The ability to work from home or far away from the business centers will have not only an impact on real estate prices in the cities. It will impact your wages as well as companies know that they can pay you 30% less if you work from home or from some rural area. And the army of unemployed and international competition will do the rest of the wage pressure.

SouthernTory

Sparrow
All part of the plan to tighten the bottom line and keep the workers poor. Work from home is great for corporations as they no longer have to do as much HR, provide rest areas, health and safety the list goes on. Also easier to hire and fire too as they can do it all on a Zoom call. Poorer workers are more tied into the system and won't want to rebel as much.

JiggyLordJr

Kingfisher
NYC, USA - August 2020 - Ground Report

Background: Been back just under a year, living with family while I finish up university. NYC native, lived in Europe for a year to get my shit together.

Let’s start:

NYC has always suffered from being a low trust society, and things have only ramped up since the decade began:

When I returned to NY in January of 2020, things were business-as-usual, but there was definitely a palpable tension in the air, something akin to a rubber band about to snap. The degeneracy train kept on chugging, but the vibe of the city was definitely taking a nosedive. It felt like most folk were on the verge of going completely postal. Some notable trends at the time: Strangers at each other’s throats, people nervously avoiding eye contact, random fights in broad daylight, drugged out denigrates shouting to oblivion, damaged women compulsively flicking through their phones, price-raising yuppies pretending the city isn’t burning, and so on and so forth.

Bam! Then the lockdown happened. This basically flipped a switch in a lot of people, and the wealthy residents with sense/foresight immediately fled to their hideaways. The wealthy “ride-or-die” New Yorkers that chose to stay continue to dine outdoors at overpriced restaurants, chart casual detours around homeless encampments, and pretend the city isn’t burning around them. The poor-working-middle class people stayed, but only because they have to, not because they necessarily want to. It takes money to move, and most New Yorkers are poor. Alas, only the disgruntled, depressed, and delusioned remain.

Speaking of this, there seems to be a very deep sense of despair and resignation in the air, quite surprising for the city that quote “never sleeps” and houses “tough New Yorkers.” Well the city is very much “asleep” right now, and New Yorkers are very much not tough people. Seriously. Mask compliance is near 100%, and any boomer/yuppie/libtard subscribed the narrative will grill you, even confront you, if you’re not wearing a mask. The hostility that NYC is notorious for has only dialed up: no one trusts each other and everyone knows in the back of their mind that the city is going down the shitter.

The U.S. didn’t have many world class cities to boot, but NYC was certainly one of them. A lot of Americans (and otherwise) cite the city as their pride and joy, and back in the day you’d hear things like “I fell in love with this city” and “I could never live anywhere else” from deluded degenerates that made this wasteland their home. The influx of transplants and international money made the city unaffordable for the majority, causing a chasm between residents that has only fueled the existing class tension. Stockholm Syndrome is the only common ground that most New Yorkers share.

Not entirely sure whether to stick it out with my family here (ride-or-die) or move solo to a saner place. Could definitely use some advice on this, as the fam has made it clear that they’re not going anywhere.

So what’s left? (((Wall Street))), (((The Media))), and (((Jews))). Some of the highest income taxes and property taxes in the nation. And hints being dropped of a second wave (and therefore, a second lockdown) as “inevitable”. And lastly, a $9 Billion dollar budget deficit with no solution in sight.

In summary, it’s bad.

Further reading:
Can anyone see a silver lining?

Thomas More

Hummingbird

Background: Been back just under a year, living with family while I finish up university. NYC native, lived in Europe for a year to get my shit together.

Let’s start:

NYC has always suffered from being a low trust society, and things have only ramped up since the decade began:

When I returned to NY in January of 2020, things were business-as-usual, but there was definitely a palpable tension in the air, something akin to a rubber band about to snap. The degeneracy train kept on chugging, but the vibe of the city was definitely taking a nosedive. It felt like most folk were on the verge of going completely postal. Some notable trends at the time: Strangers at each other’s throats, people nervously avoiding eye contact, random fights in broad daylight, drugged out denigrates shouting to oblivion, damaged women compulsively flicking through their phones, price-raising yuppies pretending the city isn’t burning, and so on and so forth.

Bam! Then the lockdown happened. This basically flipped a switch in a lot of people, and the wealthy residents with sense/foresight immediately fled to their hideaways. The wealthy “ride-or-die” New Yorkers that chose to stay continue to dine outdoors at overpriced restaurants, chart casual detours around homeless encampments, and pretend the city isn’t burning around them. The poor-working-middle class people stayed, but only because they have to, not because they necessarily want to. It takes money to move, and most New Yorkers are poor. Alas, only the disgruntled, depressed, and delusioned remain.

Speaking of this, there seems to be a very deep sense of despair and resignation in the air, quite surprising for the city that quote “never sleeps” and houses “tough New Yorkers.” Well the city is very much “asleep” right now, and New Yorkers are very much not tough people. Seriously. Mask compliance is near 100%, and any boomer/yuppie/libtard subscribed the narrative will grill you, even confront you, if you’re not wearing a mask. The hostility that NYC is notorious for has only dialed up: no one trusts each other and everyone knows in the back of their mind that the city is going down the shitter.

The U.S. didn’t have many world class cities to boot, but NYC was certainly one of them. A lot of Americans (and otherwise) cite the city as their pride and joy, and back in the day you’d hear things like “I fell in love with this city” and “I could never live anywhere else” from deluded degenerates that made this wasteland their home. The influx of transplants and international money made the city unaffordable for the majority, causing a chasm between residents that has only fueled the existing class tension. Stockholm Syndrome is the only common ground that most New Yorkers share.

Not entirely sure whether to stick it out with my family here (ride-or-die) or move solo to a saner place. Could definitely use some advice on this, as the fam has made it clear that they’re not going anywhere.

So what’s left? (((Wall Street))), (((The Media))), and (((Jews))). Some of the highest income taxes and property taxes in the nation. And hints being dropped of a second wave (and therefore, a second lockdown) as “inevitable”. And lastly, a $9 Billion dollar budget deficit with no solution in sight.

In summary, it’s bad.

Further reading:

I'd be surprised if NYC has a second wave. Nearly everybody in the city was exposed the first time around, and the city has achieved herd immunity. You can see this in plots of the daily new case diagnoses in NY. They spiked very high, but have been down to near zero, even during the second wave that happened in other parts of the country in July.

The 1918 Swine Flu pandemic had a second wave a year after the first, but the rate of international travel is far greater than it was 100 years ago. I think that when the current Covid pandemic finally burns out everywhere, that will be the end.

@JiggyLordJr

You need to exit NYC ASAP. If you can, figure out how to convince your family to leave as well. The city is basically designed to kill you if mass panic and lawlessness occurs.

If the family won't leave, go elsewhere and try to get them to visit you in the new location to show them that the grass IS actually greener. If they see you leave and living nice in a more sane place, they might be more malleable to abandoning NYC. You will also have a bolthole ready to go for them if they decide to panic escape later.

Until a law and order republican is elected (like Giuliani back in the day; which may never happen), NYC is a lost cause.

Even before COVID, NYC was a dirty, unhealthy, expensive, and poorly managed city by global city standards. If you are going to do the city thing, overseas is where it is at I think. America's strength now is in buying a nice piece of land away from the madness. There is TONS of open land throughout the USA if you wanna get away from it all.

But city life? In the USA? Forget it.

Douglas Quaid

Kingfisher
I'm visiting family in Chicago right now and it's been 1.5 years since I've been back. The vibe is very different from the last time I was here and similar to what JigglyLord is saying about New York. The crime is even worse here.

These large, Democrat cities are awful places to live and full of brainwashed, miserable people. The lifestyle is incredibly overrated too.

I agree with The Black Knight. Move to a place with normal and reliable people. My blood immediately stops boiling when I get away from these shithole Democrat cities. I'm only in Chicago to see family and would have no desire to come back if they weren't still here. Life is too short to put up with this nonsense.

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member

Let’s start:

In summary, it’s bad.

Further reading:

You can start by making a move within a 2 hour radius of NYC. You may have to still deal with the shitty state politics of NY, but the Hudson Valley area might be one such exurban option that comes with a fairly scenic appearance. Then there are areas in PA that might be worth considering (although I have heard reports that a lot of ghetto thugs have followed suit to regions such as the Poconos / Pennsylvania). Then there's Connecticut (might be too (((expensive))), but go deeper in perhaps) & then you might have little tiny states to the south just past Philly PA like Delaware that might be worth a gander (but also has ghetto areas) where you'll instantly see cheaper COL & probably tax savings. Then you got those areas deep in New England worth a shot like past Boston (New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine) which might be liberal, but the demographics haven't gone to complete shit yet.

Better yet, check out areas completely away from that mess but are technically within a full day's driving distance from NYC like North Carolina or Ohio (maybe near Columbus if you need access to corporate ((((jobs)))) which aren't completely taken over yet by commie lunatics & you have a right to defend yourself & your property.

homersheineken

Kingfisher
I'm visiting family in Chicago right now and it's been 1.5 years since I've been back. The vibe is very different from the last time I was here and similar to what JigglyLord is saying about New York. The crime is even worse here.

These large, Democrat cities are awful places to live and full of brainwashed, miserable people. The lifestyle is incredibly overrated too.

I agree with The Black Knight. Move to a place with normal and reliable people. My blood immediately stops boiling when I get away from these shithole Democrat cities. I'm only in Chicago to see family and would have no desire to come back if they weren't still here. Life is too short to put up with this nonsense.

What part of the city?

Callixtus

Robin
I finally determined the cause of the horn honking and hooting and hollering in my neighborhood that I posted about several pages back. I heard it again last night when I got home from work and decided to investigate. It's of all things a black Baptist church doing drive-thru services which explains why I hear it so often on Sundays.

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member
If those store owners are dumb enough to pay tens of thousands and then hundreds of thousands to rebuild on the exact spot a human inferno came through and torched it then they're going to get it another time round.

I guess some people are gluttons for punishment.

I was on the phone with a bitchy, rude NYC sounding Black or ghetto NY Latina customer service woman from a national (((bank))) on the phone the other day & I nearly told her that I hope NYC falls into the damn ocean lol. She hung up on me (before I could properly bitch her out) because she didn't want to attempt to relay my call or figure out anything for me. She claimed that she couldn't (((authenticate))) me. The call was behalf of a business that I am affiliated with. Lol.

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member

I've had to go back to the distant suburbs of Chicago a few times in recent times (family related as well), and actually avoided the city during those trips. I too have some nostalgic memories of better times in the city of Chicago, but the reports from there are not sounding good. If I had to be in that immediate region & wanted to dodge some of the unrest & exorbitant COL / taxes I'd probably stick to Wisconsin or NW Indiana.