Reports from affected cities

Douglas Quaid

Kingfisher
I'm actually interested in Knoxville and Chattanooga, but I don't vote Left obviously. I've heard lots of Chicagoans and other latte liberals are moving to Nashville, and that's a big part of why East Tennessee seems more appealing. I really like the mountains/outdoors too.

Last edited:

north :laughter:

I'm actually interested in Knoxville and Chattanooga, but I don't vote Left obviously. I've heard lots of Chicagoans and other latte liberals are moving to Nashville, and that's a big part of why East Tennessee seems more appealing. I really like the mountains/outdoors too.

Yeah Chattanooga has a small hipster presence, but nothing like just straight revolting degeneracy like what Nashville has any weeknight/weekend on broadway

DanielH

Woodpecker
Large sections of Philly are far more savage than any of these other cities that rioted, which may be exactly why Philly hasn't rioted too much this year. It's hard to organize them and you're not going to convince most Antifa liberals to riot with blacks from Kensington. That being said, don't expect police to confront these rioters. They'll probably just leave the black areas until they calm down. Last year blacks rioted because cops killed a fugitive who shot several cops, there's no logic here, they just act like animals. This is their sheriff.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201027-084051_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20201027-084051_Brave.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 10

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member
Large sections of Philly are far more savage than any of these other cities that rioted, which may be exactly why Philly hasn't rioted too much this year. It's hard to organize them and you're not going to convince most Antifa liberals to riot with blacks from Kensington. That being said, don't expect police to confront these rioters. They'll probably just leave the black areas until they calm down. Last year blacks rioted because cops killed a fugitive who shot several cops, there's no logic here, they just act like animals. This is their sheriff.

This is the same reason why I believe that Detroit also didn't go too hard in the riot scene as well.

Slim Shady

Ostrich
Gold Member
That Philly shooting scene looks very staged. Why would the cops let the other people, especially the first couple, get so close to them after the shooting. No CPR or other calls made? Anyone in the know enlighten me please?

Hypno

Crow

Nashville has the music industry and all that goes along with it. Those in the 'industry' call it the Third Coast, laughably counting themselves third after LA and NYC. Its also smack in the middle of the Bible Belt, and you have some real fundamentalist, Bible thumping churches there. A friend of mine used to attend Amy Grant's church, but that was a long time ago.

Nashville is more of a big city than Knoxville or Chattanooga, with a proper airport, etc. But real estate is pricey, higher than Atlanta. Knoxville is about the same in population the way they count it, but feels much smaller. There are some decent employers in all of them but these are fairly small markets so depending on what you do things may be limited.

Knoxville has the University of Tennessee. Nashville has Vanderbilt, Belmont, and lots of other small colleges.

Amenities - Nashville is going to have almost anything yhou want. Its got NFL, NHL, MLS, fine diinging, bars, clubs, shopping. And the music is by no means limited to country - there is a lot of "singer songwriter" music, basically roots guitar stuff.

Nashville is well located. Chattanooga is 1.5 hours from Atlanta, and close to mountains (too small for skiing), white water rafting, etc. Chattanooga also has a decent airport. Knoxville is about 3.5 hours from Atlanta but is more remote. Its a little more in the middle of nowhere.

No income tax in Tennessee on earned income, although some portfolio income is taxed.

Canopus

Kingfisher

Why is it always a Foot Locker?

Anyway, here's a live stream on the ground tonight. No violence (yet).

Athanasius

Pelican
Liberals / hipsters / progs are drawn to places where some semblance of real culture exists, then they move in and put their "progressive" spin on it, which basically turns the area into another pretentious and repulsive Portlandia. This was definitely happening in Nashville when I was there a few years back. You can't remove the traditionalism and keep what drew you there. Everywhere they go, liberals "castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful."