Reports from affected cities

Robert High Hawk

Kingfisher
I used to love NY, the food, the museums, the fact there was always something to do, the food, the food and I even liked a little of the grit. This was i10 years ago when I used to go with my little sister sight seeing and....eating haha. So as much as it’s terrible now and we all bad mouth NY I understand how you feel and I’m sorry the situation has forced you to move, it’s a shame.

I’m a huge history buff and I love going to the MET, especially to see a lot of the ancient stuff from my ancestors and it makes me sad that right now it seems I’ll probably never go again.
Gotta echo this one, the MET is hands down one of the best museums in the world.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Gotta echo this one, the MET is hands down one of the best museums in the world.

Yea and it’s not like the museums in Europe are exactly in better places than NY, heck they might be worse....what a mess.

The fact that the Ishtar Gate is sitting there and I’ll probably never walk thought it makes me sad and angry.

stugatz

Pelican
So I live in Manhattan. I left briefly from April '20 to June '20, so I've been here through most of this crap.

Right now the city is going back to "normal". I never walk outside with a mask, nor have I ever since the plandemic started. And, thankfully, the cops do not care. I walked by cops with no mask and no one says a word. In fact, only twice have I gotten anyone telling me to wear a mask, and I just ignored them.

I'm not gonna lie...the city does feel more unsafe. More crazies walking around at night, more than usual. Cops seem to not care, and there's a definite feeling that this isn't the Manhattan of 2019. Lots of restaurants have closed, plenty of NY landmark restaurants, but not every one. the Archdiocese of NY just announced that parishioners who are vaccinated no longer need to wear masks, but I'm not wearing a mask in church either.

I'm job-hunting and looking to move to a red state. The sad thing is, in spite of all the flaws of the city (expensive, socially liberal up the wazoo, moral degeneracy), I honestly do love it here. I will miss it here. For better or worse, I got to live right in the capital of modern civilization, our new Rome, and see its decline firsthand.

Any other NYers? Or did you all go to Florida already?
I thought of moving there around 2008 as my great grandparents settled there before their descendants moved to Massachusetts.

It’s been a shame to see the city fall so fast under DeBlasio, and that became a toboggan ride after coronavirus kicked off.

Wasp

Pigeon
So I live in Manhattan. I left briefly from April '20 to June '20, so I've been here through most of this crap.

Right now the city is going back to "normal". I never walk outside with a mask, nor have I ever since the plandemic started. And, thankfully, the cops do not care. I walked by cops with no mask and no one says a word. In fact, only twice have I gotten anyone telling me to wear a mask, and I just ignored them.

I'm not gonna lie...the city does feel more unsafe. More crazies walking around at night, more than usual. Cops seem to not care, and there's a definite feeling that this isn't the Manhattan of 2019. Lots of restaurants have closed, plenty of NY landmark restaurants, but not every one. the Archdiocese of NY just announced that parishioners who are vaccinated no longer need to wear masks, but I'm not wearing a mask in church either.

I'm job-hunting and looking to move to a red state. The sad thing is, in spite of all the flaws of the city (expensive, socially liberal up the wazoo, moral degeneracy), I honestly do love it here. I will miss it here. For better or worse, I got to live right in the capital of modern civilization, our new Rome, and see its decline firsthand.

Any other NYers? Or did you all go to Florida already?
NYer here. I have been fortunate in the sense that when the pandemic hit, I have a place a few hours away in a more rural setting that I could escape to and so I did. The only point of being in NYC is convenience and when the pandemic struck and they shut down everything, it made zero sense for me to be in NYC on a personal level. I returned some months ago, not because I like NYC so much, but because I have an empty apartment and was getting more in the mood for just walking to places instead of having to really depend on driving everywhere. I never in my life have walked around outside with a mask, even during the worst days of the pandemic and nobody ever cared since I keep away from crowds anyway as much as I can. I only wear a mask if forced in a supermarket, etc

Yes, the city most definitely feels much much more unsafe. I remember I actually used to brag to Europeans that NYC was in fact safer and tougher on criminals than they were. Most of them agreed. NYC had far fewer pickpockets and random street muggings than London or Barcelona. That being said, as soon as they stopped stop and frisk due to changing demographics and an increasingly leftist mentality that infects this entire country, things went to hell. The moment you can no longer stop people and check if they have weapons, well...there's your massive increase in shootings that even terrorize normal people.

Then, nothing is being done about the homeless/vagrant crisis. They are all over the place in Manhattan and I stopped taking the subway last year for two reasons: 1) I got fed up with the delays and it really is unhealthy to be down there. 2) Now with the random stabbings and bail reform, we get criminals let loose on us with impunity. Unfortunately, the general public is so brainwashed and stupid that a lot of normies support the increasing assaults on law abiding citizens. I don't understand how you can love it here, honestly.

Yes, I get that a lot of things are convenient and you can find a lot of things here, but is it worth it? I am not of the mentality of packing my bags and "running away to a red state". Red states are not some kind of utopia as many think: a lot of "red states" are wastelands in other ways I am not going to get into here.

NYC can be manageable though or even NY state if you organize yourself properly. There are tons of far left freaks, but you can also find a lot of right thinking individuals if you join the right communities. Also, the main problems here job wise are taxation and the salaries are not as high as people tend to think. Getting that NYC income tax + state income tax really really really will destroy you if you make an average salary. This is why I do not pay NYC income tax because you can change your fiscal domicile, which is what I did. I also created my own company, which is not registered in NY state.

Actually, I'm one of the people who thinks the main problem in NYC population wise is all the new transplants from the middle of nowhere USA who were losers in their hometown and become even more freakish here. Most of the White far left loons you see are actually NOT from NYC originally. If you look up NY state as a whole, even democrats here were fairly moderate and OK with policing and cracked down on homeless vagrants. Dumblazio merely represents the continuing decline of this city, who also has a witch for a wife and uses his biracial children as a political weapon. I would never recommend this city to be a place to move to unless you were already here and making it. Eventually, I do want to leave (if there was ever massive civil/social unrest again, we are basically trapped here and I don't want to be stuck when the barbarians finally completely have their way). I am hoping to see a breakup of the country and then maybe we could start to think about "moving to" x or y. In the meantime, upstate is not so bad and there is a lot of land, etc.

BLMeToo

Sparrow
Actually, I'm one of the people who thinks the main problem in NYC population wise is all the new transplants from the middle of nowhere USA who were losers in their hometown and become even more freakish here. Most of the White far left loons you see are actually NOT from NYC originally. If you look up NY state as a whole, even democrats here were fairly moderate and OK with policing and cracked down on homeless vagrants. Dumblazio merely represents the continuing decline of this city, who also has a witch for a wife and uses his biracial children as a political weapon. I would never recommend this city to be a place to move to unless you were already here and making it. Eventually, I do want to leave (if there was ever massive civil/social unrest again, we are basically trapped here and I don't want to be stuck when the barbarians finally completely have their way). I am hoping to see a breakup of the country and then maybe we could start to think about "moving to" x or y. In the meantime, upstate is not so bad and there is a lot of land, etc.

I think it's true, a lot of transplants are jawless lefty zealots who are fleeing their "rElIjUz" small towns where they got bullied mercilessly. But, I will say that a lot of the natives here and in the tri-state area are also cut from the same suburban upper-middle class liberal cloth. And the people who grew up in the city and know nothing but lefty secular indoctrination....yeah, there's something off about them. Now I've made lots of good friends and I think ultimately, they only know what they know. And if all they know is leftist Marxist globohomo, then it's really hard to evangelize to them and help them see the need for God and objective moral reality. And it can be hard for them to see the damage the ghey ajenduh has on society. They're so used to it that they simply don't know better. I've noticed too even a lot of the devout Catholics from the tristate area that live in NYC still have some leftist views (feminist, gay "marriage", black profile pictures for "St." George Floyd), etc.

As far as what I love, nothing beats the convenience of living in Manhattan if you have the money. Also, there's so much incredible architecture and history in this city, which very few cities in the US have. The food is good, though overrated and overpriced. You can get better food anywhere else if it's not pizza or bagels.

I thought about going upstate, but I'm not a fan of the state's strict gun laws, or Gov. Huomo and his brother Fredo. NY is a really beautiful state.

Wasp

Pigeon
I think it's true, a lot of transplants are jawless lefty zealots who are fleeing their "rElIjUz" small towns where they got bullied mercilessly. But, I will say that a lot of the natives here and in the tri-state area are also cut from the same suburban upper-middle class liberal cloth. And the people who grew up in the city and know nothing but lefty secular indoctrination....yeah, there's something off about them. Now I've made lots of good friends and I think ultimately, they only know what they know. And if all they know is leftist Marxist globohomo, then it's really hard to evangelize to them and help them see the need for God and objective moral reality. And it can be hard for them to see the damage the ghey ajenduh has on society. They're so used to it that they simply don't know better. I've noticed too even a lot of the devout Catholics from the tristate area that live in NYC still have some leftist views (feminist, gay "marriage", black profile pictures for "St." George Floyd), etc.

As far as what I love, nothing beats the convenience of living in Manhattan if you have the money. Also, there's so much incredible architecture and history in this city, which very few cities in the US have. The food is good, though overrated and overpriced. You can get better food anywhere else if it's not pizza or bagels.

I thought about going upstate, but I'm not a fan of the state's strict gun laws, or Gov. Huomo and his brother Fredo. NY is a really beautiful state.

Yes, there is definitely that element too as you mention. In my experience though, most people "from" the city, such as me...it really is almost a perfect 50/50 division into 2 irreconcilable groups. I guess what distinguishes "conservatives" here is that we've sort of seen it all and are mostly unfazed or not shocked by what is outrageous.

With regard to Catholics, that does not surprise me. Catholics have long been very liberal in this country and are mostly pro mass immigration. Those of us who are more of an orthodox protestant line have always denounced that about the catholics. There is nothing "traditional" or "conservative" anymore about the RCC, let alone many Catholics who call themselves that and they don't even know the teachings of their own church. I call them wedding and baptism catholics.

I get what you say about NYC, but for me it gets old fast and maybe that´s just because I don´t really do anything here that I couldn´t do elsewhere. I do sort of like the anonymity of the city and the convenience, but since I like houses, buildings don´t do it for me. There are other cities on the east coast with history if that is what you are looking for: Charleston, for starters, or Boston...but I agree that there are not that many in the US.

Food is not that important to me since I prepare my own stuff and eat mostly "bland" food, so no loss there. I guarantee you though that upstate NY is like another planet and has NOTHING to do with NYC. Yes, the state has strict gun laws but here´s where I am going to say something about red states: in many ways red states are freer when it comes to gun rights and other issues, but at the end of the day they are also still beholden as a last resort to whatever the feds want. So if tomorrow this country goes so left that it pushes for a federal gun law, living in a red state is not going to be of much help. This is why I ultimately defend a breakup of the country, because at the rate things are going, we are too different and irreconcilable to get alone. If you add to that the multiculti mess this country has become in the last 40 years, I want no part of these "Disunited" states that increasingly are anything but American.

MRAll134

Pelican
I believe this is the third incident where someone has deliberately targeted a police station, in the last two weeks. This vid' is from Baltimore.

As the media vilifies police, their propaganda begins to bear fruit - amongst the mentally ill:

CAUGHT ON CAM: Man who said he was going to kill an officer drives into Maryland police station, video shows
BALTIMORE – A man is in custody after he allegedly threatened to kill a Havre de Grace police officer before ramming his vehicle into the police station.

Late Sunday night, 24-year-old Timothy Kahl, of the 400 block of Village Drive, called the police department and said he was going to come there and kill a police officer.

Police say “based on information obtained in the phone call it was believed that the subject was in the area of his home.”

Officers responded to this area and located Kahl driving erratically. He struck several parked vehicles and tried to run over the officers before fleeing the area. Kahl then drove to the Havre de Grace Police Department where he struck another parked car. After colliding with this vehicle Kahl then intentionally drove his vehicle into the front doors of the police station into the lobby.

Source: https://breaking911.com/caught-on-c...ves-into-maryland-police-station-video-shows/

MRAll134

Pelican
Andy Ngo takes a second beating in Portland. I am thinking he should make more friends, or hire security - if he is going to continue to film in the Hellpit known as Portland:

“Antifa Wants Me Dead” – Antifa Terrorists Brutally Beat Journalist Andy Ngo While He Was Reporting on Portland Riots Over the Weekend
Antifa terrorists brutally beat journalist Andy Ngo on Friday evening while he was reporting on the Portland riots...
“Antifa Wants Me Dead”

Source: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...st-andy-ngo-reporting-portland-riots-weekend/

Hermetic Seal

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Gold Member
Andy has made some dumb moves that put him at extreme risk, but that doesn't mitigate the total barbarism of these Antifa abhumans. Just read the replies on Ngo's Twitter thread - these guys are complete psychos.

Antifa is what happens when you totally surrender yourself to Satan's puppetry, and the demons yank the strings connected to animalistic impulses with wild abandon.

MRAll134

Pelican
So, a homicide suspect was shot by police, in Minneapolis. Now, the usual suspects are out collecting reparations aka looting.

This vid' probably shows a looter escaping from police. I am not sure why they did not shoot the driver, too. He is not complying and just drives off. Shitty police work.

The recently deceased Winston Boogie:

648a6a16a6458c9f.png

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Antifa is what happens when you totally surrender yourself to Satan's puppetry, and the demons yank the strings connected to animalistic impulses with wild abandon.

Zro2qz0c.jpg