Reports from affected cities

kel

Pelican
Yep, it's wonderful. I love it. The NYPD have been one of the more effective police forces (relatively speaking) because they're protecting the homes and property of actually powerful people, so I'd like to see them just bounce, too. When NYC is a smouldering crater, then we will have defeated racism, not before.

Yeah, so far this is very much a city problem, which is why I say treat it like a forest fire - contain it and let it burn itself out. Police/national guard should completely stand down in NYC and those types of places. The mob rules now, enjoy.
They did actually. I live in the Bronx and watched from my window over the weekend.

I saw the police once. The rest of the night was spent watching groups of young men go back and forth from the main shopping strip two blocks down, planning on the way there, arms full of stuff on the way back.

Felt like watching Vandals.

It's awfully strange how many black-blocked white people I saw there, and how coordinated their actions were. A lot of people I had never seen before out and about, of all races. Undoubtedly well organized.

Stay in the countrysides y'all, I'm moving tf out.

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
Was in Rochester MN, 1.5 hrs south of Minneapolis and home to the mayo clinic the past 3 days. Absolute zero sign of anything. There was a day last week when some mostly white hippies sat down in an intersection, but that was it, they subsequently threw a curfew on the downtown area for a few days.

Every summer without fail, the crime rate in cities like Chicago climbs. Agreed.
The police scanners report dozens of homicides that the news doesn't every night in summer, especially the last 15 years or so. They really underplay the gang warfare there because it would literally just show blacks killing blacks, or browns killing blacks, or browns killing browns, or blacks killing browns, and the occasional white or asian casualty. The media is always silent on it, they just show the scenes of several shootings during warm time, but never go into concrete detail. This would just show the uncomfortable truth about race relations and that they can't blame whitey for everything. Now I don't know how they're going to hide it, they can't. I've seen some of these pundits try to say its sneaky right wing trump supporters causing all the stress but people just don't buy that shit anymore.

I wonder how things are in Alaska right now lol

jordypip23

Pelican
Gold Member
The police scanners report dozens of homicides that the news doesn't every night in summer, especially the last 15 years or so. They really underplay the gang warfare there because it would literally just show blacks killing blacks, or browns killing blacks, or browns killing browns, or blacks killing browns, and the occasional white or asian casualty. The media is always silent on it, they just show the scenes of several shootings during warm time, but never go into concrete detail. This would just show the uncomfortable truth about race relations and that they can't blame whitey for everything. Now I don't know how they're going to hide it, they can't. I've seen some of these pundits try to say its sneaky right wing trump supporters causing all the stress but people just don't buy that shit anymore.

It's high time people acknowledge the reality of life in the ghetto. The kids with some potential & a dream truly want to escape this environment. Even gangsters in cities like Chicago themselves will thump themselves on the chest & proudly proclaim that they are "Chiraq savages".

TigOlBitties

Kingfisher
I live in a large, left-wing city with riots, and grew up in the suburbs close to a larger city with even worse riots right now. I'm currently vacationing in a small city in the mountains for a few days. This is like a different world and I love it. No riots, and the Covid hysteria isn't nearly as bad.

I've done a lot of travelling all over the US the last few years, and major US cities are completely overrated. All of my best memories are in smaller cities and/or out in nature.

These riots are confirming just how awful, unreliable and brainwashed the average person is in large cities. They live miserable lives completely in denial, and they will continue to vote for and enable this nonsense.

Small town USA is like going back in time, when this country was a much better place. You just have to find the right town for you.

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member

Well in a small city in Northern Canada in which I used to reside they had 2000 people come out to support black lives matter (yes this is Canada). No one was arrested for breaking any of the strong coronavirus rules currently in place.

“Troubling”: City of Chicago hires private security to patrol neighborhoods

Update June 6, 12:39 p.m. — The mayor’s office has issued a statement saying “more than 100 private security guards” are being hired through Monterrey Security and two other firms. “All security officers will wear visible identification” and none will be armed, according to the statement. The patrols will cost $1.2 million, the mayor’s office said.

The city will pay to have 500 private security officers patrol Chicago neighborhoods this weekend — mostly on the South and West Sides, according to aldermen who were briefed on the plan late Friday.