Reports from American cities

C-Note

Hummingbird
Other Christian
Gold Member
They don't call it the Magic Kingdom for nothing.

As an aside, Disney has been doing its usual thing and trying to disappear this incident by getting this video purged from social media and any other websites carrying it. They used to be real good at it. For example, there was a brawl at a soccer tournament they sponsored on their Florida property about 10 years ago that was filmed by a bystander, then covered by the local news station. Disney got it purged completely off the Internet within a few hours.

However, with the proliferation of more independent, alternative media, Disney is now having a harder time, as the continued presence of this video on the web shows. Fox News ended up picking-up on it so now any further attempt to erase it is probably a waste of time.

Last edited:

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
They don't call it the Magic Kingdom for nothing.

Below is the full video of the above mentioned Tweet of an all out Disney World brawl between the two families.

Video description
On Wednesday, a disagreement between two families in line at Disney World escalated into a full-fledged battle. As bystanders yelled in the background, the fighting families traded fists and obscenity somewhere in Fantasyland between Cinderella's Castle and Peter Pan's Flight. The brawl continued several minutes at the Orlando, Florida amusement park until park staff and deputies broke it up. According to witnesses, the incident started when a female Disney tourist waiting in line for Mickey's PhilharMagic discovered she had forgotten her phone on her electric conveyance vehicle and left the line to get it, while her family stayed. Another family tried to prevent her from rejoining the queue when she returned. Her family allegedly then waited outside the cinema and approached the opposing group. According to the Daily Mail, one of the guys involved was hospitalized with a face cut, while others had minor bruises. This is far from the first brawl at a Disney park this year. In May, a lady allegedly suffered brain hemorrhage after banging her head on the ground following a confrontation she and her husband had with other park attendees while attempting to position themselves before a fireworks display.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
Video description
Footage from the Byron Police Department in Georgia shows 24-year-old Sierra Hibbert allegedly hitting multiple people and police while a child was in the car to avoid being arrested on July 15. According to reports, police were called when witnesses allegedly saw the “reckless” motorist veering into oncoming traffic. Hibbert was charged with aggravated assault. The child was not injured.

Georgia woman captured ramming SUV into cops, claims she ‘didn’t do it’​

Wild video shows a Georgia woman plowing her SUV into cops and police cars while a small child sits in the backseat — then claiming “I didn’t do it!” once she’s finally caught.

Sierra Hibbert took police on a short but bizarre chase after they pulled her over on reports she was driving erratically and veering into oncoming traffic on Highway 42, Byron Police Department said in a news release Monday.

She was being “uncooperative” and not speaking to officers when they caught up with her at the intersection of Highway 49, partially blocking the SUV and placing a tire-deflating Stop Stick underneath it.

Silent dashcam video shows the moment on July 15 Hibbert guns the SUV in reverse, hits a car behind her then goes forward, hitting two witnesses – one of whom is seen getting knocked to the ground in the vehicle’s path. She reverses and moves forward again, and the witness hops in the air to avoid getting pinned between the SUV and a cop car, the video shows.

Cops hop in their cars and follow the SUV onto Highway 49, according to the footage. Officers try to block the car, which has a flat from the Stop Stick, but she backs into a third cop car and then goes forward and hits one of the other police cars for a second time.

An officer tries to punch out her passenger side window as the SUV drives off again in a haze of smoke pouring from its tires, leaving behind debris and skid marks, the video shows. Police block her in again and after a struggle, they finally pull her out of the SUV and slap cuffs on her.

Bodycam footage with audio shows Hibbert refusing to get out of the vehicle initially, then bizarrely claiming “I didn’t do anything.” As cops and others tell her she almost killed people and wrecked police cars, she repeats “I didn’t do it” multiple times and claims “I did not do anything you guys are talking about.”

Police didn’t give the age of the small child or say what his or her relationship to Hibbert was.

Last edited:

William Faulkner

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Was recently in Memphis. The city has certainly taken a turn for the worse since I last experienced it before Covaids. It's an extremely dangerous city and you can feel it in the air. Maybe that's what inspired the blues.

Easy_C

Peacock
Was recently in Memphis. The city has certainly taken a turn for the worse since I last experienced it before Covaids. It's an extremely dangerous city and you can feel it in the air. Maybe that's what inspired the blues.
Memphis has had a huge underrcurrent of diverse gang activity for as long as I can remember. There were a number of Gangland gangs featured from there for example.

When that element is empowered by bad governance and a favorable political climate things can get worse very quickly.

Which is why I recommending staying very clear of hubs of that activity. Even if it is apparently well contained, it can spill over with relatively little warning either because something breaks a hole in the wall or because someone decides to open the gates and welcome them out.

The largest city near me a recipe for disaster because you've got leftist suburbanite neighborhoods (the kind with Ukraine, Pride and "We believe in science" signs everywhere next to BMWs and Teslas) located literally three streets over from run down "hood" neighborhoods. The people in those neighborhoods do not have a bright future in any kind of societal upheaval.

Helmsman

Robin
Protestant
Spent some time working in Memphis. It’s an absolute dumpster fire. Especially the S and E sections. Bartlett seemed all right in ‘19 but when I was there last year it had taken a nose dive. Memphis PD seemed more concerned with speeding tickets on 240 than rampant crime.

Thomas More

Crow
Protestant
Is the situation really like this in most of the US, or is this guy exaggerating?

Much of the country is like this. If you want to live a no car lifestyle, you can manage it, but you have to go to some effort to structure your life for this.

The website above is designed to help find apartments and homes in areas with high walk scores. It includes a map with color coding that shows where the most walkable areas are (scroll down a little from the top). An area with a high walk score has a full range of shops, restaurants, and workplaces within walking distance. Besides the availability of all needed services within walking distance of your home, walkable areas tend to be located around the stations for a metro area's RTD train system, so you can get to other parts of town as well. Most big entertainment venues, like ballparks and concert venues, will be close to one of these stations. If most of the places you need to go are within walking distance or accessible by mass transit, then you can use Uber for the few trips you need to make to otherwise inaccessible addresses. eBikes are helpful in extending your range without a car as well, depending on weather and ability to avoid extremely high traffic roads.

The first key in achieving this lifestyle has to be finding a job in a walkable area. Once you do this, then you can either find a home within walking distance, or find a home near an RTD station, such that the walk from home to station, plus the RTD ride, plus the final walk from station to work, all add up to a manageable trip.

Once you have the ability to walk to work, and you have all kinds of shops, restaurants and services within walking distance, it's pretty workable. However, it takes a fair amount of intentional effort to setup your life this way. I imagine only 5-10% of Americans have a highly walkable lifestyle where owning a car is not a necessity. Without arranging this kind of lifestyle, the video above is accurate.

Last edited:

ed pluribus unum

Ostrich
Protestant
Is the situation really like this in most of the US, or is this guy exaggerating?

I would not say he (xe/xir, perhaps?) is exaggerating, rather I would say he's being obtuse on many levels.

Bike lanes: he shows the bike lanes, then dismisses them out of hand and never comes back to them. What does he want, a completely sectioned-off, bikes-only, separate roadway? Give me a break. Kids ride their bikes to school every day on those sorts of roads and they survive.

Bemoans lack of sidewalks, then proceeds to illustrate walking with the traffic. Didn't his mommy ever teach him to walk facing the traffic? Pretty sure I learned that by age 5.

Once he gets to the main road, "...looking for a safe and comfortable place to cross... doubt it" Then he pans right and about 100yds away there's a 4-way traffic light intersection, most likely with pedestrian walk signal. I guess he was distracted by the awful car fumes he keeps bemoaning. Then complains about the "dangerous to cross" intersection - the one with the pedestrian bridge placed there for the express intent of allowing pedestrians to cross safely, but apparently he's not satisfied with that for some inexplicable reason.

There's more I could nit-pick, but let's just say the guy made his mind up long before pretending to do this "experiment".

In another time we'd say:

Johnnyvee

Ostrich
Other Christian
I would not say he (xe/xir, perhaps?) is exaggerating, rather I would say he's being obtuse on many levels.

Bike lanes: he shows the bike lanes, then dismisses them out of hand and never comes back to them. What does he want, a completely sectioned-off, bikes-only, separate roadway? Give me a break. Kids ride their bikes to school every day on those sorts of roads and they survive.

Bemoans lack of sidewalks, then proceeds to illustrate walking with the traffic. Didn't his mommy ever teach him to walk facing the traffic? Pretty sure I learned that by age 5.

Once he gets to the main road, "...looking for a safe and comfortable place to cross... doubt it" Then he pans right and about 100yds away there's a 4-way traffic light intersection, most likely with pedestrian walk signal. I guess he was distracted by the awful car fumes he keeps bemoaning. Then complains about the "dangerous to cross" intersection - the one with the pedestrian bridge placed there for the express intent of allowing pedestrians to cross safely, but apparently he's not satisfied with that for some inexplicable reason.

There's more I could nit-pick, but let's just say the guy made his mind up long before pretending to do this "experiment".

In another time we'd say:

I think his videos are interesting, but I agree that he's very; "make the US into central Europe minded." I imagine that the best parts of the US is where you need a car, but nature is always close by. I.e. the rural/agricultural areas.