Resisting against coronavirus laws

Augustine

Chicken
Things are named after their purpose. It's a "face mask" to muzzle humans, like we muzzle dogs.
Yet it is not. The purpose of a muzzle is to prevent a dog from barking and biting. The face mask which you call a muzzle is designed to stop spread of liquid particles. I am not in favour of face masks, I do not like them. But it sounds stupid to say muzzle. All i think of when I see it is a boomer saying demonrat instead of democrat.
You could argue that the purpose is to keep the idea of the virus constantly at the front of people's minds. Without the face masks most people would more or less forget there is a "pandemic".

Easy_C

Peacock
It’s linguistics and those matter, but it matters less here than it does with interacting with those outside our circle.

My own worthless hot take: I think it’s for the same reason that the Mooks in movies and video games tend to be wearing masks or helmets:

“The reasons for this trope are largely matters of convenience. Most obviously, the faceless goon does not display emotion; hence, he does not display humanity. It's much easier to accept characters as evil (and by extension, feel no tug of sympathy as wave after wave of them gets wiped out by the heroes) if you are able to forget that there's actually a human beingbehind each mask. Not showing any pesky emotions to undercut their menace also adds quite a bit to the creepiness factor.”

Joe316

Robin
“The reasons for this trope are largely matters of convenience. Most obviously, the faceless goon does not display emotion; hence, he does not display humanity. It's much easier to accept characters as evil (and by extension, feel no tug of sympathy as wave after wave of them gets wiped out by the heroes) if you are able to forget that there's actually a human beingbehind each mask. Not showing any pesky emotions to undercut their menace also adds quite a bit to the creepiness factor.”

That's why they ordered us here to wear either blue medical masks or FFP2 only. Any other face covering is forbidden. It's to make people uniform and creepy. It's also much easier for soldiers to shoot down a group of masked people.

Sam Malone

Ostrich
Gold Member
Not sure which thread to post this in..

My girlfriend sent a text and suggested that she might "just give in and get the vaccine". When I pressed her on why, she opined that "its either that or I'll have to keep getting tested to do anything like (see the screenshot below)."

We left it at "Ok" (as in, ok she won't be getting the vaccine after I told her not to stick that garbage into her system, and if anything that she just get tested).

Her and I will discuss more when I see her tomorrow (I'd prefer to set my "you get the vaccine and we're done" ultimatum in person), but here's what her oldest's school went regarding the graduation ceremony:98CFDF6E-499F-4670-B856-1FDCE7E019F5.jpeg
Can they do that ?

Not sure which thread to post this in..

My girlfriend sent a text and suggested that she might "just give in and get the vaccine". When I pressed her on why, she opined that "its either that or I'll have to keep getting tested to do anything like (see the screenshot below)."

We left it at "Ok" (as in, ok she won't be getting the vaccine after I told her not to stick that garbage into her system, and if anything that she just get tested).

Her and I will discuss more when I see her tomorrow (I'd prefer to set my "you get the vaccine and we're done" ultimatum in person), but here's what her oldest's school went regarding the graduation ceremony:View attachment 30339
Can they do that ?

Who actually goes to their graduation? In my day, that would be the lamest thing imaginable.

I'd just give her the ultimatum outright. Personally I don't like to waste time. If you'd like to say more, maybe say what you value in a woman who will be the mother of your children, ie avoids decisions based on convenience, etc.

aynrus

Pelican
Do you have to keep calling the face mask a muzzle? We get it, you are angry about it, but call it what it is. It is a face mask. It is not a muzzle. I cannot take your posts seriously when I keep seeing you using this term.
Yes, I will call these dog or SLAVE muzzles - what they are exactly.

You can put yours on and enjoy it. I don't wear these useless, degrading muzzles. Just because you don't like this word no one will stop using it,.

aynrus

Pelican
Yet it is not. The purpose of a muzzle is to prevent a dog from barking and biting. The face mask which you call a muzzle is designed to stop spread of liquid particles. I am not in favour of face masks, I do not like them. But it sounds stupid to say muzzle. All i think of when I see it is a boomer saying demonrat instead of democrat.
You could argue that the purpose is to keep the idea of the virus constantly at the front of people's minds. Without the face masks most people would more or less forget there is a "pandemic".

You don't like words demonrat or libtard, or muzzles? That's your opinon, pal. You can think what you want when you hear it but you won't stop hearing it being called what it is: a slave muzzle.

Sounds like you like them and wear them, and you're trying to defend these grizzly FACE DIAPERS. Do you like the name face diaper better?

Augustine

Chicken
You don't like words demonrat or libtard, or muzzles? That's your opinon, pal. You can think what you want when you hear it but you won't stop hearing it being called what it is: a slave muzzle.

Sounds like you like them and wear them, and you're trying to defend these grizzly FACE DIAPERS. Do you like the name face diaper better?
OK Boomer

Joe316

Robin

It's time to let go of her now, as once it starts, she is going to get jabbed until she dies. This loss is going to be the harder for you the longer you drag this out. I know a guy, who has been completely cucked by his older live-in girlfriend, who started to dictate who he can visit indoors and when. (He obviously got jabbed already and proudly shared that on social media.)

This is what is going to happen to you in the long term, if you let that pass. You need to find a woman, who submits to your lead unconditionally.

Sam Malone

Ostrich
Gold Member
^^ fair points, and for the most part she does follow my lead.

I met a few of her relatives at a function a couple of weeks ago, and she chastised her cousin pretty hard for getting the jab. Cited a lot of what we've said here ("it's still experimental", "you still have to wear a mask", blood clotting, sterilization, etc).

I'm in my late 40's, she's in her mid 30's. We're both done having kids, and I made it clear early in our relationship that I'll never get married again. We enjoy each other's company, and I'd have no problem keeping her around. But if she's getting the jab due to peer pressure, then we're done.

As it stands now, I think last night was just a "moment of despair" (?) for her, seems the people running that graduation ceremony won't be satisfied with masks and social distance. When she comes over later this morning, I wouldn't be surprised if she's the one to say that she had that moment of despair and that I'm right that she/we not get the jab.

I'll know more later.

Clemenza

Pigeon
Any advice for people in Ontario apparently they’re given the police power to arrest anyone who goes outside

What they are doing up there in Ontario / Toronto is an absolute outrage. The people need to rise up, protest, get out on the streets en masse to defend freedom. Police can stop anyone demanding to know where you are going? Provincial border checkpoints?
It's now or never. People have to get out on the streets, and say enough is enough. Show them that this unenforceable if everyone is out marching on the street. Of course the border is closed so I can't come up and join you, but if I could I'd be right out there with you, canadian friends.

Last edited:
^^ fair points, and for the most part she does follow my lead.

I met a few of her relatives at a function a couple of weeks ago, and she chastised her cousin pretty hard for getting the jab. Cited a lot of what we've said here ("it's still experimental", "you still have to wear a mask", blood clotting, sterilization, etc).

I'm in my late 40's, she's in her mid 30's. We're both done having kids, and I made it clear early in our relationship that I'll never get married again. We enjoy each other's company, and I'd have no problem keeping her around. But if she's getting the jab due to peer pressure, then we're done.

As it stands now, I think last night was just a "moment of despair" (?) for her, seems the people running that graduation ceremony won't be satisfied with masks and social distance. When she comes over later this morning, I wouldn't be surprised if she's the one to say that she had that moment of despair and that I'm right that she/we not get the jab.

I'll know more later.
So you are leading a secular relationship?

Douglas Quaid

Kingfisher
Someone at the office tested "positive" for Covid, so now they're all freaking out about it (he'll be fine). They were already encouraging us to get vaccinated, and now they want us to get tested next week. I'm not getting tested and sure as hell not getting vaccinated. It is getting harder and harder to hold my tongue, but at least I get to work remotely next week.

I've also been checking out churches. One has nice people, but they require masks and want us to pray for oppressed black people. I'll pass. Fortunately I found another one with no masks and no left-wing nonsense. Walking in there was like the old normal, and I met a lot more people because we weren't wearing face diapers.