Resisting against coronavirus laws

It's surprised me how many former punks, who still claim to distrust the system, have fallen right in line with the powers in charge.
People like this were always stupid pawns. They’re just perpetual teenagers who are angry at their parents for telling them to dress like an adult and get a job. And consistent with their teen spirit, they’re beholden to trends, including their shite music.

Could someone give a biblical account for why we should/should not resist coronavirus laws? I know obviously Paul in Romans 13 is often cited with regard to submitting to authority. However, we're called not to follow evil/Satan and submit to it yet our authorities (at least those at the very top) are openly Satanic. Besides submitting to authority the Bible teaches us things such as to judge righteously, warn others when we see danger coming, not bow for the antichrist (which is essentially an authority). We're coming to a point that the authorities will practically demand us to worship evil, if it isn't the vaccines and medical tyranny it is the gay flag)

Blade Runner

Pelican
Could someone give a biblical account for why we should/should not resist coronavirus laws? I know obviously Paul in Romans 13 is often cited with regard to submitting to authority. However, we're called not to follow evil/Satan and submit to it yet our authorities (at least those at the very top) are openly Satanic. Besides submitting to authority the Bible teaches us things such as to judge righteously, warn others when we see danger coming, not bow for the antichrist (which is essentially an authority). We're coming to a point that the authorities will practically demand us to worship evil, if it isn't the vaccines and medical tyranny it is the gay flag)
I've seen quite a few stunningly ignorant (and when I say this, I mean ignorant of context/nuance) biblical exegetes (a guy on a radio show rings a bell) that have gone the route of literalism when dealing with "authorities" per St. Paul, as you refer. They get the part right generally speaking in that, "as long as they don't cause you to sin" - but that's where I disagree. Lying to you and other people is causing you to sin. Creating fear and panic is causing many people to sin, look around. Believing others are unclean and "passing/walking by on the other side" as in the parable of the good Samaritan is causing people to sin. My point forever has been that you don't even need a Christian argument for this, the secular argument according to the Constitution is less meaningful in the eternal sense, yet clearly shows we should resist on our own fundamental laws if they are to be taken seriously.

Also, one must keep in mind that although someone like Paul was a Roman citizen, most of the people of biblical times that are mentioned in the parables or stories were conquered people who lived life, paid taxes, and either caused problems for Rome by rabble rousing, rebellion, or disobedience socially. That was pretty much it. Romans didn't give a shit about the occupied people's religion, for the most part, and certainly not for the Jews, as they had an ancient religion that was actually respected due to its history at that time. What I'm getting at is that the only way you didn't submit to your authorities was by being a rebel and that pretty much only included not paying taxes and actively fighting against civil order. And Paul pushed the envelope to a great degree, because he would cause much strife in the jewish community by speaking the truth about Jesus Christ.

In this light, "submitting to your authorities" (as in menial but disrespectful and anti-human things like wearing a mask? mercy) today for a modern person to suggest to other christians, is naive at best and in many cases, sinful - in terms of not standing up for the truth, and allowing others to be pawns to fear, the evil one, and even harm by the central authorities. Even so, many won't listen to you but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't stand up for what's right, as both an American, and a Christian.

C-Note

Ostrich
Gold Member
^^ fair points, and for the most part she does follow my lead.

I met a few of her relatives at a function a couple of weeks ago, and she chastised her cousin pretty hard for getting the jab. Cited a lot of what we've said here ("it's still experimental", "you still have to wear a mask", blood clotting, sterilization, etc).

I'm in my late 40's, she's in her mid 30's. We're both done having kids, and I made it clear early in our relationship that I'll never get married again. We enjoy each other's company, and I'd have no problem keeping her around. But if she's getting the jab due to peer pressure, then we're done.

As it stands now, I think last night was just a "moment of despair" (?) for her, seems the people running that graduation ceremony won't be satisfied with masks and social distance. When she comes over later this morning, I wouldn't be surprised if she's the one to say that she had that moment of despair and that I'm right that she/we not get the jab.

I'll know more later.
This link that has been shared in the forum I think is the most convincing argument I've seen so far:

So, you might consider sharing it with her and anyone else you know who is wavering from the social pressure.

I've seen quite a few stunningly ignorant (and when I say this, I mean ignorant of context/nuance) biblical exegetes (a guy on a radio show rings a bell) that have gone the route of literalism when dealing with "authorities" per St. Paul, as you refer. They get the part right generally speaking in that, "as long as they don't cause you to sin" - but that's where I disagree. Lying to you and other people is causing you to sin. Creating fear and panic is causing many people to sin, look around. Believing others are unclean and "passing/walking by on the other side" as in the parable of the good Samaritan is causing people to sin. My point forever has been that you don't even need a Christian argument for this, the secular argument according to the Constitution is less meaningful in the eternal sense, yet clearly shows we should resist on our own fundamental laws if they are to be taken seriously.

Also, one must keep in mind that although someone like Paul was a Roman citizen, most of the people of biblical times that are mentioned in the parables or stories were conquered people who lived life, paid taxes, and either caused problems for Rome by rabble rousing, rebellion, or disobedience socially. That was pretty much it. Romans didn't give a shit about the occupied people's religion, for the most part, and certainly not for the Jews, as they had an ancient religion that was actually respected due to its history at that time. What I'm getting at is that the only way you didn't submit to your authorities was by being a rebel and that pretty much only included not paying taxes and actively fighting against civil order. And Paul pushed the envelope to a great degree, because he would cause much strife in the jewish community by speaking the truth about Jesus Christ.

In this light, "submitting to your authorities" (as in menial but disrespectful and anti-human things like wearing a mask? mercy) today for a modern person to suggest to other christians, is naive at best and in many cases, sinful - in terms of not standing up for the truth, and allowing others to be pawns to fear, the evil one, and even harm by the central authorities. Even so, many won't listen to you but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't stand up for what's right, as both an American, and a Christian.
Thanks for the insight, I agree. The problem many people (I certainly did this, and sometimes continue to do this) have in their perspective is in my opinion that they don't view the Bible holistically. They pick 1 quote (here: Roman 13, so we obey everything the gov does...) and that's it without contemplating the other 1800 pages of the (Orthodox ;-) ) Bible. I did some research myself and the Orthodox Study Bible for example in the notes tells us that we should obey government for it is a stabilizing force needed to avoid chaos, however when the government goes against God we should always follow God. Some examples in the Bible are Daniel refusing not to worship God when he was demanded not to do so and the story of several Jewish administrators in Babylon who refused to worship the golden statue of the Babylonian king when demanded to do so (Daniel). Moreover, we see that John/Peter refuse to obey the authorities in Jerusalem when they are demanded not to talk about/do the works of Jesus. In Acts they clearly lay out that God should be followed and not men if their demands are in conflict with one another.

Joe316

Robin
Look how much you can do if you act without fear. He didn't even hit them but because he was bigger and stood his ground the Polizei disengaged.

If you stand strong in Christ, you can have mask-free services without "social distancing".

If you behave in fear complying with the authorities, they take away everything from you step by step. Seen this in a church who isn't even allowed to sing worship songs anymore.

Shame it wasn't Boris.The guy was quoted in another article as saying he was non partisan on the issue and would do the same to other politicians.

Key part

'Why have we just accepted lockdown? Why have we just accepted the loss of all our freedoms?'
The bloke gets what is going on.

Labour reply what a suprise!

Labour said on Twitter that it would 'not be amplifying' the footage of Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer being confronted by the landlord.

The tweets said: 'A clip circulating online shows Keir Starmer being confronted by someone spreading dangerous misinformation about the Covid-19 pandemic.

'We will not be amplifying it. Keir argued that our NHS staff have been working tirelessly to protect public health and that restrictions - while painful - have been absolutely necessary to save lives.'
It is dangerous to them when they realise you know the game they are playing.

Interesting that they use the word 'amplyfying' as that is a word we use here and also is used on sites like Lockdown Skeptics.

Last edited:

Wammer44

Chicken
I attended my baby niece’s Baptism yesterday. Out of maybe 200 people, I was the only one without a mask. While I was very uncomfortable being the only maskless attendee, nobody said a word about it either.
It was an incredibly sad sight to see.
I will not wear the mask in God’s house.
I feel somewhat guilty of directly disobeying this church’s entry rules, but I wasn’t missing this special day for my niece.

zetts

Pigeon
Has anyone recently done a PCR test in mexico? Is there anything that changed recently like having to have a QR code on the result certificate for example? Or is it "safe" to modify a previously made test (result) and fly with that?

AntoniusofEfa

Kingfisher
I attended my baby niece’s Baptism yesterday. Out of maybe 200 people, I was the only one without a mask. While I was very uncomfortable being the only maskless attendee, nobody said a word about it either.
It was an incredibly sad sight to see.
I will not wear the mask in God’s house.
I feel somewhat guilty of directly disobeying this church’s entry rules, but I wasn’t missing this special day for my niece.
I am not religious, but even I understand that many, many Churches (at least, the ones I see around me in Germany) worship some other gods.

Bird

Kingfisher
The leader of the opposition Labour Party in the U.K., Sir Keir Starmer, was thrown out of a pub by the landlord while visiting people in the English city of Bath. The landlord said Starmer hadn’t done enough to oppose lockdown measures, which are still operating throughout the U.K.

Gay friendly attitude, pro vax, pro Muslim migration, not resisting the lockdowns. I think that the only Church that is not taken by GloboHomo is the Orthodox.

Edit: At least here in Germany. I was not abroad in a while.
Well, I would say all the Protestant (and many Catholic) churches here are a mirror of society. If I think about how fast fag marriage was agreed upon and how lockdown rules are followed, nothing will surprise me in this country. My friend group is all pretty based and I think some younger people are waking up somewhat, but still strongly oppose national identity, AfD, Christianity, Conservatism etc.