Resisting against coronavirus laws

Redcrosse

Woodpecker
So let me get this straight. The highest ranking executive in a very populous state wants to ban the ability of his own government to mandate something. Seems legitimate, like he wants to limit the overreach of the apparatus he's in charge of.

But, the school boards (much weaker in terms of political power) of a few municipalities within his state want to have government tyranny enforced on all children with a mandate that many consider incredibly dangerous to one's health and well-being. A judge agrees with them making the most powerful executive of the apparatus lose and tyranny and oppression, due to a few local sociopaths and a corrupt judge, will stand.

OK.
So basically the judge is just making up the law as he goes along. His ruling is total nonsense, but since you can always find some vague, faint precedent for anything if you go back far enough, the judge just has to grab one and claim it’s germane here, even though it isn’t.

Elipe

Pelican
So basically the judge is just making up the law as he goes along. His ruling is total nonsense, but since you can always find some vague, faint precedent for anything if you go back far enough, the judge just has to grab one and claim it’s germane here, even though it isn’t.
That is fundamentally how government works. DeSantis, with the backing of enough of the people, could also just issue an executive order effectively disbarring the judge. The question is, who has the bigger guns to back them up - DeSantis or the corrupt judge?

Whoever has the bigger/more guns will win. That's what I keep trying to tell people. Government is the monopoly on violence. Whoever holds that monopoly is the government.

But people keep insisting no, it's the clever arguments and voting that wins at the end of the day. People get the government they fully and 100% deserve.

Redcrosse

Woodpecker
I agree with you except for one thing - clever arguments do still matter. The problem is nobody with power is willing to go all the way and say right out the PCR test is a fraud. You have lawyer Reiner Füellmich and all the members of his investigative committee saying this, but no one in the public eye calling out the hoax except in tentative, limited ways.

DeSantis could win the backing of the people if he can persuade them that what he’s doing is scientifically and ethically sound. But how can he do that without being totally frank? He still has to be cautious and say how “vaccines save lives,” the usual sound bites, but that clashes with the true message of what a hoax the testing is.

Nikos225

Chicken
Orthodox
I homeschool so doesn't matter to me, but the local elementary school here has come up with something clever: Parents must either be vaccinated or submit to a weekly PCR test in order to enter the school. The students can go in unvaxxed (they are all under 12) but parents can't. Can you imagine a parent that would let their child into a building knowing full well that they could not go in after them if they were in need? They are essentially making it impossible for free-thinking parents to get involved in school life. Shameful.

Elipe

Pelican
I agree with you except for one thing - clever arguments do still matter. The problem is nobody with power is willing to go all the way and say right out the PCR test is a fraud. You have lawyer Reiner Füellmich and all the members of his investigative committee saying this, but no one in the public eye calling out the hoax except in tentative, limited ways.

DeSantis could win the backing of the people if he can persuade them that what he’s doing is scientifically and ethically sound. But how can he do that without being totally frank? He still has to be cautious and say how “vaccines save lives,” the usual sound bites, but that clashes with the true message of what a hoax the testing is.
Okay, yeah, clever arguments do matter, but to the extent that they are useful as rhetorical weapons to build up numerical superiority. But all authority still boils down ultimately to force.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
So let me get this straight. The highest ranking executive in a very populous state wants to ban the ability of his own government to mandate something. Seems legitimate, like he wants to limit the overreach of the apparatus he's in charge of.

But, the school boards (much weaker in terms of political power) of a few municipalities within his state want to have government tyranny enforced on all children with a mandate that many consider incredibly dangerous to one's health and well-being. A judge agrees with them making the most powerful executive of the apparatus lose and tyranny and oppression, due to a few local sociopaths and a corrupt judge, will stand.

OK.
You can turn this nonsense right around on the liberal progressives. If a governor tries to mandate masks for the entire state, but certain municipalities or school districts disagree, the same rule should apply.

GuitarVH

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
You can turn this nonsense right around on the liberal progressives. If a governor tries to mandate masks for the entire state, but certain municipalities or school districts disagree, the same rule should apply.

Right. The way it's working now is that the internationalist agenda gets pushed through by some magic set of legal circumstances that apply when it works in their favor and yet the same set of legal circumstances doesn't apply when it's counter to their agenda. I agree it shouldn't work this way and will go out on a limb to say we live under a globalist dictatorship at this time.

I’ve been thinking about publishing a physical newsletter. I think that both sides of the covid debate are living in echo chambers to a degree, not to mention the censorship and of the main stream media. How many people would take the time to read sensible thought provoking journalism if it lands under their nose, delivered door to door?
I understand it’s limitations... especially it’s limited reach and cost. We don’t need to debate that. It would be a grassroots local campaign to win hearts and minds and create a community of alliances.

RomikJan

Robin
Orthodox
Went out to eat yesterday and yesterday the mandate came back in our state. Walk in to this place they instantly shove a box of muzzles in our face. Convo went like this.

Me: we dont want one
Them: everyone needs one now
Me: how long do I need to wear it for?
Them: just until we walk you to your table
Me: but the table is 4ft away from here
Them: yes sir...just follow this gentleman
Me: so you want me to play pretend with that guy for 4 ft until we reach that table over there.
Them: yes sir

Start following the gentleman we get to our seat i ripped it off so hard straps broke and thanked the gentleman for playing pretend with us. Told him we wont be playing on the way out, but it was fun playing pretend with you. He started cracking up.

What a complete clown world

SeekingTruth

Woodpecker
Went out to eat yesterday and yesterday the mandate came back in our state. Walk in to this place they instantly shove a box of muzzles in our face. Convo went like this.

Me: so you want me to play pretend with that guy for 4 ft until we reach that table over there.

Start following the gentleman we get to our seat i ripped it off so hard straps broke and thanked the gentleman for playing pretend with us. Told him we wont be playing on the way out, but it was fun playing pretend with you. He started cracking up.

I still am not understanding why you even agreed to play? Why are you supporting the business? By playing the game you look no different than everyone that came in before and after you.
Did you need this in order to survive?

scubadude

Woodpecker
In my state a law was recently passed that; forbids mask mandates in schools and forbids vax passports in schools among other things.

The district superintendent sent an email yesterday talking about how kids will need to quarantine at home if exposed but may return to school if they show proof of immunization.

So kids can benefit and avoid quarantine if they show proof, that’s a defacto passport system.

I also don’t believe the schools have the authority to force the quarantine. State law specifically states that only the superintendent of the county health department can and that is a legal order with papers served. Keeping kids out of school for possible exposure is not in their scope of authority.

Next school board meeting is in 2 weeks and I am going to be very vocal about this and will lawyer up for changes

brotherjimbob

Woodpecker

Just go somewhere else.

RomikJan

Robin
Orthodox
I still am not understanding why you even agreed to play? Why are you supporting the business? By playing the game you look no different than everyone that came in before and after you.
Did you need this in order to survive?
Was there for a celebration as an invite wasnt the one throwing the get together. My fault was agreeing to go anywhere, once we got there didnt want to give the rest of the group a hard time. I do realize that sometimes this is going to happen and your right playing along makes me just like the others. I should have just left and the stupidity I felt by playing along even for a second is going to last. Not going to make this mistake again will be prepared to just say no to these gatherings, or tell the inviter next time ahead I'll come out but if im forced to play pretend im just going to leave no hard feelings.