Resisting against coronavirus laws

Viktor Zeegelaar

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Party your way out of a crisis. Will it work?

This is the entertainment branche, nightlife etc. While it is good that they protest, they get a lot of media attention because frankly they only care about themselves. There is no deeper moral or principle here, they want to open and if that's by shutting the unvaxxed out that's no problem for them. So I'm a little bit sceptical towards the movement.

Easy_C

Peacock
This is the entertainment branche, nightlife etc. While it is good that they protest, they get a lot of media attention because frankly they only care about themselves. There is no deeper moral or principle here, they want to open and if that's by shutting the unvaxxed out that's no problem for them. So I'm a little bit sceptical towards the movement.
I agree, but the positive aspect is that these people make our side look more fun. That’s a powerful draw.

Sisyphus

Woodpecker
My posts are mostly pretty pessimistic, but I had an experience this weekend which has inspired a glimmer of optimism.

I went to a small neighborhood music and arts festival in the nearby city. The advertising was littered with propaganda like "let's be safe, everyone wear a mask!" I was prepared to encounter hostility the moment I entered, and was even prepared to turn around and leave right away. But much to my pleasant surprise, only about 1/3 of the people chose to wear subjugation masks, and many of those eventually lowered them.

But even better was the situation in the music tent where the attempts to isolate and shame the free-faced were overt and unambiguous. Here, instead of a recommendation, numerous signs on all sides proclaimed that masks were required to go inside. At first, some of the free-faced sat around the margins of the tent, but when I went in, I found that more than half the people inside did not wear the subjugation mask. No one whether festival goer or staff hassled anyone, and I was free to stand around without confrontation. As always happens, some masked individuals freed their faces after seeing those with the courage to defy the orders.

This was very encouraging to me. Dozens of adults saw some command to wear the mask and made the choice to ignore it and did so fearlessly and publicly. I was sure that as restrictions are made more severe, people would just roll over and accept each new command, even getting down on hands and knees and snorting like a pig if the authorities ordered them to do so. But people are resisting. Even in the grocery store the situation is the same. No hassles, no ejections, large percentages of people refusing to wear the subjugation mask despite the risk of losing access to sustenance.

We must build on this momentum. I will neither wear the slave mask nor receive the poison injection for any reason and I implore you all to do the same. I am prepared to receive the slings and arrows of the cult members, to be spit upon, hassled, ejected, barred, perhaps physically attacked. I am prepared to do whatever it takes to keep myself and my family alive without playing along with this absurdity anymore. I will sacrifice family, friends, acquaintances, pastimes, amusements, which is to say anything aside from my health and bodily integrity. This only ends when we refuse to comply and it can end immediately if we force it to. If we comply, then we are no less responsible for prolonging this outrage than the demon doctor himself.

All you can do as an individual is act the way you want everyone to act. If everyone followed this example, this insanity could never have escalated. If everyone stopped frequenting businesses that required the useless masks they would end their restrictions immediately. States do not have the resources nor the will to arrest every citizen or every business owner.

Freedom is not given to us by politicians. It is ours to exercise and it is up to us to force them to acknowledge it. It's time to decide where you stand, whether you support prolonging this nonsense or are willing to make the hard but right choices. Now is the time to test your integrity and values and to force others to do the same.