Resisting against coronavirus laws

MartyMcFly

Ostrich
Other Christian
Gavin Newsome and Magic Johnson recently resisted against a law Newsome passed. It was mentioned that the best defense against Covid seems to be having a lot of money if you judge the behaviors of the elites. They don't seem to be worried. Don't forget that Magic has HIV making him more vulnerable.

gat

Robin
Protestant
It’s actually not that good news. I refused to sign for that initiative. I would’ve signed if it was only for abolition of covid certificate. But there is another part of the referendum initiative. As it stands all covid measures in Croatia are imposed by the illegitimate and unelected advisory body, which makes them all illegal. This referendum initiative wants not to only abolish covid certificates, but also to transfer all the decision about covid measures from the advisory body to parliament. Well the parliament is run by the Croatian Democratic Party which installed the aforementioned advisory body therefore they’ll just impose the same measures, only this time with more legitimacy. As for the main opposition parties, their only problem regarding covid measures is that they deem them not harsh or strict enough. So if the referendum is successful, the covid certificates will be gone, only to be imposed the next day trough the parliament.
Won't this allow for more infighting and gridlock though? In the US it is generally good, in my opinion, to have the legislature managing things. (It was also the founding fathers original design before the bureaucratic state after FDR.) It's good because not much gets done and decisions filter down to the local entities.

There was a Facebook group organizing a trucker convoy from California to DC. Jumped from 40k to 136k in the past few days. Looks like fb suddenly disappeared the page.

Methinks the idea ain't gonna go away quite that easily ...
I totally support this obviously, but seriously why do people keep using FB and GoFundme for this kind of thing? It's really ignorant. Do people crave hormone validation that much that they forget the last 5 years of out of control censorship?

MartyMcFly

Ostrich
Other Christian
I totally support this obviously, but seriously why do people keep using FB and GoFundme for this kind of thing? It's really ignorant. Do people crave hormone validation that much that they forget the last 5 years of out of control censorship?
Perhaps they could create a page on several websites and then on the Facebook one, direct people to go to their page on another website and explain the reason. Many people don't even know that alternatives to Facebook exist (mostly due to laziness). Perhaps they just need to be advised that there are alternatives.

Beyond Borders

Peacock
Gold Member
Perhaps they could create a page on several websites and then on the Facebook one, direct people to go to their page on another website and explain the reason. Many people don't even know that alternatives to Facebook exist (mostly due to laziness). Perhaps they just need to be advised that there are alternatives.
They're definitely on the more conservative platforms. Fb is still just the easiest place to spread the word, I assume. I'm sure they'll fire another page back up. I think Fox interviewing them today about the page shutdown. My guess is it will happen no matter how many times fb shuts it down.

MartyMcFly

Ostrich
Other Christian
I guess you can resist mask rules using this excuse. What is good for the mayor is good for everyone else. I find it funny when politicians openly resist their own laws and few question it:

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
I guess you can resist mask rules using this excuse. What is good for the mayor is good for everyone else. I find it funny when politicians openly resist their own laws and few question it:

Yeah they know it's a scam, that's pretty clear.