Resisting against coronavirus laws

Dallas Winston

Ostrich
Gold Member
I ran into a friend that I hadn't seen in a while yesterday while I was out. We were about to head into a public establishment and he asked " so, did you bring your idiot mask?"

I thought this was a good way to reset the frame of compliant normies who you may be chatting with. It may be best to use something a bit less confrontational than "idiot mask" with one of them. Maybe something like "sheep mask, slave mask, puppet mask" etc.

Easy_C

Crow
Desantis has been phenomenal. He's done a great job at mitigating the spread, along with listening to the desires of the people. Besides the masks everywhere, you wouldnt be able to tell a pandemic is going on. People in my area of FL seem to be done with this whole thing. I think the mentality now is, if you wana go out and enjoy the public, do it at your own risk. If not, stay home. In my area, I have not noticed any hostility towards people not wearing a mask, myself being one of em. People are shaking hands again, traffic has picked up (unfortunately). But like I said, they're just done with it here. Besides bars being closed, everything seems pretty close to normal if you ask me. Desantis is making a great case for 2024
I'd need to look into him more to figure out who owns him, but I like DeSantis a lot more seeing that he was both willing to aggressively put a reporter in his place and sound competent while doing so.

Roosh

Cardinal
My supermarket is on to me. I tried to enter today maskless and the doorman got in my path, the first time that happened. I put on the mask then took it off not long after. A white female employee in her late 20's then snitched on me to the armed security guard. They both came up to me and he politely asked me to put the mask on (it was around my neck). I complied and left it on for the duration of my shopping.

Brothers, I have lost the Great Mask Battle of 2020. I tried to fight but enforcement in various stores kept increasing every week.

Garuda

Woodpecker
Edit: I just spotted an earlier post about this with a different link. My bad.
https://www.rooshvforum.com/threads...al-political-ramifications.37211/post-1323241

There might be a crusade in Minnesota soon.

https://kstp.com/news/letter-to-gov...eopening-next-week-may-20-2020/5736359/?cat=1

Minnesota Catholic, Lutheran churches plan to defy Walz's executive order by reopening next week
Tommy Wiita
Updated: May 21, 2020 05:14 PM
Created: May 20, 2020 06:38 PM

Minnesota Catholic and Lutheran churches plan to defy Gov. Tim Walz's executive order by reopening next week. However they did have a call Thursday night directly with Gov. Walz to try and work out a solution.

Places of worship were left off the list of organizations that can reopen on June 1.

Archbishop Bernard Hebda announced Wednesday evening he will allow churches to reopen next Tuesday. Hebda says he's disappointed with the governor and adds Catholic and Lutheran leaders had submitted a plan to the state on May 8 on how churches can safely reopen.

In a statement, Hebda said the governor's remarks on Wednesday further underscored a failure to appreciate the role of the church and other faith groups in serving the community.

"Being ordered to stay at home may have been necessary to protect public health but it came at immense costs, many have measured those costs, economically, physically and mentally but the costs have been spiritually too, now the state deems it necessary to open retail and non-essential businesses, it's time for us to resume our essential sacramental activities," Hebda said.

Pastor Jim Livingston, at the Church of Saint Paul in Ham Lake, talked with KSTP about their plan to safely reopen. The church has been working on it for months. The plan includes strict guidelines for sanitation and capacity would be reduced to 33%.

Livingston said they are ready to join other faiths in a historic moment.

"This is our chance. We are going to be the voice of this generation. And years from now, when they ask us about this moment in time, they will wonder what it was like and wonder how we go through it," Livingston said. "And this is our chance to shine through this experience."

Churches are not required to open next week, or at all. The archbishop left it up to the individual parishes to decide, as long as they meet requirements and feel it's safe.

"We were disappointed to find that instead, you allowed retail and other non-critical businesses to open, setting a plan in place for bars and restaurants to reopen while limiting churches to meetings of ten people or fewer. In the absence of a timeline or any other assurances that churches will soon be able to reopen, we find that we must move forward with our religious exercise in a safe manner," a letter from the Minnesota North and South Districts The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod said, in part.

"I'm uneasy going against that authority..I think the only way I'd go against that authority, the only reason I'd go against a government mandate if they say we don't allow you to preach the gospel," Said Eleda DeRocker, a Lutheran Church member.

"The Churches deserve a chance to prove themselves, " said church goer Marty Smith.." If the infected rate "Shoots through the Roof", by all means, reinstate the stay at home order"

Wednesday night a spokesperson for Gov. Walz made the following statement:

"As the Governor has said, this is a challenging situation for him personally and a challenging situation for him as a public official charged with protecting the health and safety of Minnesotans. He remains in routine communication with faith leader across the state and understands the toll this pandemic is taking on the spiritual health of Minnesotans. Governor Walz and the Minnesota Department of Health will be meeting with the Archdiocese this week."

KSTP has reached out to the attorney general's office for comment but has yet to hear back.

To see the full letter from the Minnesota Catholic Conference, click here. To see the full letter from the Minnesota North and South Districts The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, click here.

Last edited:

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
My supermarket is on to me. I tried to enter today maskless and the doorman got in my path, the first time that happened. I put on the mask then took it off not long after. A white female employee in her late 20's then snitched on me to the armed security guard. They both came up to me and he politely asked me to put the mask on (it was around my neck). I complied and left it on for the duration of my shopping.

Brothers, I have lost the Great Mask Battle of 2020. I tried to fight but enforcement in various stores kept increasing every week.
You handled the situation more than reasonably. A man's gotta eat and that's not much of a hill to die on.

Roosh you can win the battle. You just have to be properly equipped.

Instead of saying you have asthma, just say you have an inhaler, which would be true, if you had one. Or just say nothing and show it to them. If they take that to mean you have asthma and they let you in, that's their problem.

Last edited:
I promised myself at the beginning of all this b.s. I would NOT wear a mask. I have stayed true to that personal oath, and though I get harassed by these Karen store clerks on the daily, I cannot stray from the promise that I made to myself to not buy into this (obvious) social conditioning while having our rights stolen from every sector of life. Living in Southern California is very weird right now, but I'm glad I can hold my head up high, smile, and hopefully get a few people to see it IS possible to go without a mask. I ain't gonna lie, the daily harassment by those single, haggy clerks who enjoy their 15 minutes of "power" by telling me what to do is a pain, but I gotta stand my ground and keep my dignity. Boy, for every day I go out in public, I come home with (minimum) 10 crazy stories from the bizarre scenarios that I encountered by simply being a person without a mask. Good news though; for every 1 person/NPC who gives me crap, there are 2 good ones, truly authentic people, who back me up. The majority of people, here in SoCal, are not the types to call the cops on their neighbors for disregarding social distancing regulations. I even went down to the beach the other day and there were plenty of people enjoying the day, sans mask (I'd say only 5% of people walking on the beach had a face covering). I even saw police patrolling the beach parking, and they were leaving the people alone. It's a crazy life, but thank you to those who are doing what they can to show we won't stand for this tyranny.

I'll continue to hold my head up high, say no to wearing a mask, and no matter how much the news tells me to be (and stay) scared, I can at least maintain my backbone and feel right within myself, and perhaps doing so will help these confused, misled people see that it is possible to maintain some dignity. The day I wear a mask to go grocery shopping is the day I've given up on myself and humanity.

Keep on fighting the good fight, all.

Last edited:

Days of Broken Arrows

Crow
Gold Member
Is anyone else getting annoyed by the phrase "mask up?"

I keep seeing this and something about it infuriates me. Maybe it's the didactic nature of the phrase. I don't mind if someone writes "please wear a mask" or even says "masks are required." But there is something about "mask up!" that just enrages me.

The English language is being destroyed by idiots who insist on using childish two-word phrases that owe more to professional wrestling than Shakespeare. Out of all the crap that's come out of the Corona-19 crisis, this is the one thing that's pushing me to the brink.

Besides the stupid nurses dancing on Tik Tok, that is.

One of the ways to resist is to talk to your neighbors. In the example of the NZ app you could have one person on the entire street buy groceries for everyone. I understand that sounds ludicrous and would require a lot of work for everyone but it is one way to resist. As the draconian laws increase we will have to join with others locally in order to avoid these restrictions as much as possible, unless you already have the resources to survive on your own.

Roosh

Cardinal
I promised myself at the beginning of all this b.s. I would NOT wear a mask. I have stayed true to that personal oath, and though I get harassed by these Karen store clerks on the daily, I cannot stray from the promise that I made to myself to not buy into this (obvious) social conditioning while having our rights stolen from every sector of life. Living in Southern California is very weird right now, but I'm glad I can hold my head up high, smile, and hopefully get a few people to see it IS possible to go without a mask. I ain't gonna lie, the daily harassment by those single, haggy clerks who enjoy their 15 minutes of "power" by telling me what to do is a pain, but I gotta stand my ground and keep my dignity. Boy, for every day I go out in public, I come home with (minimum) 10 crazy stories from the bizarre scenarios that I encountered by simply being a person without a mask. Good news though; for every 1 person/NPC who gives me crap, there are 2 good ones, truly authentic people, who back me up. The majority of people, here in SoCal, are not the types to call the cops on their neighbors for disregarding social distancing regulations. I even went down to the beach the other day and there were plenty of people enjoying the day, sans mask (I'd say only 5% of people walking on the beach had a face covering). I even saw police patrolling the beach parking, and they were leaving the people alone. It's a crazy life, but thank you to those who are doing what they can to show we won't stand for this tyranny.

I'll continue to hold my head up high, say no to wearing a mask, and no matter how much the news tells me to be (and stay) scared, I can at least maintain my backbone and feel right within myself, and perhaps doing so will help these confused, misled people see that it is possible to maintain some dignity. The day I wear a mask to go grocery shopping is the day I've given up on myself and humanity.

Keep on fighting the good fight, all.
Have you been denied entry to a store from not wearing a mask? Has a doorman blocked you physically from entering? Has a security guard approached you while shopping that must put on the mask? Curious how you would deal with those scenarios.

Koolking

Sparrow
Aside from hair and nail grooming, there's no requirement to wear a mask in Florida. I went out to eat lunch the first day Florida opened up 25% capacity seating for restaurants. The place I went to had a sign outside stating that you must call first to arrange to be brought inside to eat. There were a few people standing around waiting to be called back. I went straight in without calling and told the lady that seated people, "I have no phone, does that mean I can't eat?" She picked up a menu and brought me to a table. Unfortunately, this is a place I like going to but it was more depressing than one might think seeing so few people in an otherwise usually crowded venue. And, they have raised prices a full 50% across the board. This isn't going to be easy going forward even in a more free State.

Max Roscoe

Sparrow
I live in a place that tried to require masks, but it turns out wearing masks is illegal because of a certain old hooded group the state wanted to ban but could not otherwise do so :D So the attorney general said you can't require masks.

Many states have anti-mask laws, including New York. Of course, the law doesn't really matter as most states lack the authority to even "shut things down" but they do it anyway. I think arguing the law is probably the least effective way of avoiding wearing a mask, even to the police, but it's interesting to know if you are being asked to do something illegal!

I'm firmly committed to never wearing a mask, and actually seeing my neighbors wearing them is having significant negative psychological effects on me, but I suppose if my grocery required it, I would fold. I would probably try a second grocery and then give up.

By the way interesting article in there about how the Anti Mask League of San Francisco successfully fought and won against forced masking in 1919. How times have changed!