Resisting against coronavirus laws

Mountaineer

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I promised myself at the beginning of all this b.s. I would NOT wear a mask. I have stayed true to that personal oath, and though I get harassed by these Karen store clerks on the daily, I cannot stray from the promise that I made to myself to not buy into this (obvious) social conditioning while having our rights stolen from every sector of life.
I made the same promise. I wore a paper bag for a few outings, after that without mask, I don't carry it also. I will not take part in this paranoia. If we are so meek that we cannot stand up to this mask bullshit how can we stand up to a real threat in the future? Resistance really has to start from day one.

Magnus Stout

Sparrow
Well, in Michigan (Detroit area) they don’t play. I’ve been stopped cold at both of my favorite hardware stores. I considered ignoring, but that would make me guilty of trespassing and misdemeanor violation of Dictatrix Whitmer.

Budoslavic’s recent posts about tracking are chilling. I am not going to do that. Luckily the web of law in America (fed, states & local) makes that more difficult. That’s why they’re focusing on an automated cell phone method of tracing through the tech giants (you already “agree” through their TOS for whatever they want to do).

Remember the pirate political party that was in the news? We should start a “no forced tracking & vaccines” political party. We can win the narrative on this because force-injecting chemicals (and RNA?) into your arm is sick & degenerate. Plus, the memes would write themselves & you could use the pro-abortion language against them (how delightful).

Papaya

Crow
Gold Member
We can win the narrative on this because force-injecting chemicals (and RNA?) into your arm is sick & degenerate.
In other words win people by "facts over feelings".

Fear and mediocrity forged together combine to make for a really dense and rigid material thats impervious to anything other than greater fear and maybe an easier mediocrity

Last edited:

Easy_C

Crow
Yep. There's a reason that the biggest traction against this thing came from a rather sketchy documentary that did a really, really, good job of making everything seem scary.

Have you been denied entry to a store from not wearing a mask? Has a doorman blocked you physically from entering? Has a security guard approached you while shopping that must put on the mask? Curious how you would deal with those scenarios.

I have not been prevented from doing my usual shopping, but I have to constantly hold my ground and state I CAN enter unmasked. Sometimes I have to wait to speak with the manager. I have a very helpful print-out that my father found online, stating those who have a medical condition are legally exempt from wearing masks. And remember; legally, you never need to disclose your medical condition to anyone! ADA laws and the HPPA privacy act ensure that you don't have to tell anyone a word about your medical issues.

I recently had an appointment with my doctor, and I showed him the card that I carry that highlight the laws on my side. He confirmed it is indeed legally necessary for stores to accommodate me because I am medically exempt from these insane rules. Technically I do have a thing called tachycardia, which is simply someone who has a higher resting heart rate than the average person. Since masks reduce the amount of oxygen we take in, it is therefore very taxing on the heart when these masks are worn. Taxing the old ticker... Not a way to "stay safe." The heart isn't happy when airflow becomes restricted, and the CDC surprisingly agrees. The main suffering comes from going to town and see the plethora of wussy, scared people surrounding me. To think there are so many young men being successfully suppressed; men of military age even, scared into submission, within a mere two months. Over the the *threat* or a *potential* illness! Angry rant aside, I digress...

To answer your questions, I have been granted access to every store I have needed to go to, I haven't had a gnarly or out-there encounter with any store employees, and am met with only minor inconveniences with store clerks since early March. I haven't been turned away thus far. I handle myself well, speak in a brief (yet polite) manner, have a rehearsed speal to tell the Karens so they can just shut up and get the manager, and that always works. Having my print-out saying I'm medically exempt makes it much easier. Simply saying, "Medically, I cannot wear a mask" does the trick 90% of the time when entering a business.

There were two police officers in the Albertsons I frequent last night, and they certainly didn't bother me. Ironically, their presence in the store seemed to make people wait a second before giving me a judgemental glare or pause before finding the manager to "tell on me" (which happens constantly). Surprisingly, I believe those two officers being inside the store ensured everyone left me alone. For one evening, I could actually shop in peace! Being one of the only trailblazers during these times is a role I never expected to accept. But I will stick to my values. This is my minor way to rebel against their fear-mongering. I will not be afraid of the boogy- monster carrying some Black Plague, 2.0 edition. It is not real. It is make-believe. I will not be scared off.

One of the ways to resist is to talk to your neighbors. In the example of the NZ app you could have one person on the entire street buy groceries for everyone. I understand that sounds ludicrous and would require a lot of work for everyone but it is one way to resist. As the draconian laws increase we will have to join with others locally in order to avoid these restrictions as much as possible, unless you already have the resources to survive on your own.
Probably won't work in most of NZ. Sense of community way too low. No one gives a shit about others. Perhaps some exceptions.

kel

Kingfisher
Now's the time to make community. And maintain it after this bullshit is over. Easier said than done, but it's absolutely necessary.

Now's the time to make community. And maintain it after this bullshit is over. Easier said than done, but it's absolutely necessary.
How do you think we could go about recreating a sense of community? I've really been wondering about that. I completely agree that the need for a community-oriented mentality is essential, now is the time to come together, but I can't figure out how or where to start...

kel

Kingfisher
You and me, both, brother. I think about it constantly. I live a pretty nice life, I have a circle of people I see, I'm a lot less lonely than your average millennial supposedly is (1/4 say they don't have a single friend, etc). But still, it doesn't feel entirely like community because seeing each other takes so much planning and effort. We have adult play-dates, kinda.

There were articles a few years back about the secret to making friends being "frequent, recurrent, unplanned interaction", so basically bumping into each other often. Hence (amongst other reasons) why college is where people often make the friends that will be their friends for their adult lives - you have classes together or run into them while walking from one to the next and you can just organically develop a rapport without having to put it on a schedule and formalize it into something like a date or a job interview.

Me, my plan, still very nascent, is to move out to the countryside and build a family there and get as many of my friends who are likewise sick of the rat race to come with me. That's a big ask, and I don't expect it to happen overnight. It's also not as organic as I'd like things to be, but that's just not a choice anymore. We have to found communities just like our ancestors did periodically, because we (modern urbanites in industrialized countries) by and large don't have the luxury any more of growing up with people who would be our community for the rest of our lives (exceptions include ultra-Orthodox jewish enclaves, once upon a time black communities though they seem chaotic and uprooted now, etc).

Not sure which corona thread to put this in, but since we talk about masks a lot in here, it’ll work?Masks are only optional in my state, but I assume required for most with food service gigs. So I went to a Five Guys today and the kid taking my order kept pinching his mask and tugging it away from his face. I didn’t notice until after I ordered.

He mainly ran the register, but in between customers he helped with orders. He kept tugging, and I’m thinking, Please don’t be my order, NOT MY FOOD!!! I then noticed he changed his gloves but as soon as he put on a new pair, he tugged on that mask like a tweaker picking scabs. Over and Over, touching that mask in the worst possible place one can touch. Thankfully they called my order and I don’t think he was involved in handling my food. But others were not so lucky.

Bottom line, these masks are terrible. I know this exact mask because I had to wear the same paper version for a couple weeks until I found some faux cloth BS to appease the Karen’s from HR. They get so hot and moist and now I can’t stop thinking how much that guys mouthy fingers were touching orders.

NoMoreTO

Pelican
Masks have recently became recommended in Canada. There has been a huge uptick in their user recently in my small town, which prior was pretty mask free.

I've also had at least 3 older people tell me to wear a mask.

the high

Woodpecker
Up here in Michigan (Ann Arbor), mask usage (not mandatory in MI and I've never worn one) seems to be trending down as well as social distancing. Was just in a Speedway where 60% of the customers were maskless and a older guy with his mask pulled all the way down walked right up to me and invited me to church tomorrow.

Last edited:

Easy_C

Crow
I interviewed in Ann Arbor back in the day. I don’t expect that it would be particularly mask country besides from the drones at the local corporate HQ.

jordypip23

Pelican
Gold Member
I interviewed in Ann Arbor back in the day. I don’t expect that it would be particularly mask country besides from the drones at the local corporate HQ.
Ann Arbor is an interesting beast because it is known as a very liberal town (in a swing state) anchored by an "elite public" liberal university (University of Michigan), surrounded by more rural, conservative areas, and then the large Metro Detroit area just several miles to the East. But it's smaller & surely more tolerable than some giant liberal city like a San Francisco or many parts of NYC.

We should have a war. Normal people V masks. We'll hunt them down and put them in concentration camps. We won't do anything to them, the proximity will be punishment enough.

For the record my boots on the ground people tell me this isn't true. There is no government mandate in NZ to contact trace/download the app and most companies apparently don't want to bother/piss off their customers. Some do but apparently there are paper forms available in case you can't/won't download the app. People I know just put down fake information on those.

Koolking

Sparrow
We should have a war. Normal people V masks. We'll hunt them down and put them in concentration camps. We won't do anything to them, the proximity will be punishment enough.
Your idea gave me an idea. Why not just shun people wearing the muzzle. Let's say you are in the supermarket and someone wearing a muzzle is coming into your range, just pointedly avoid them making sure they notice what you are up to. If someone wearing a muzzle speaks to you, take a few steps back and tell them you are afraid and don't really want to speak with them. If they ask why, tell them only really sick people should be wearing a mask, my doctor told me so.

paninaro

Woodpecker
Your idea gave me an idea. Why not just shun people wearing the muzzle. Let's say you are in the supermarket and someone wearing a muzzle is coming into your range, just pointedly avoid them making sure they notice what you are up to. If someone wearing a muzzle speaks to you, take a few steps back and tell them you are afraid and don't really want to speak with them. If they ask why, tell them only really sick people should be wearing a mask, my doctor told me so.
How often do people try to talk to you in the supermarket?