Resisting against coronavirus laws

Not sure which corona thread to put this in, but since we talk about masks a lot in here, it’ll work?Masks are only optional in my state, but I assume required for most with food service gigs. So I went to a Five Guys today and the kid taking my order kept pinching his mask and tugging it away from his face. I didn’t notice until after I ordered.

He mainly ran the register, but in between customers he helped with orders. He kept tugging, and I’m thinking, Please don’t be my order, NOT MY FOOD!!! I then noticed he changed his gloves but as soon as he put on a new pair, he tugged on that mask like a tweaker picking scabs. Over and Over, touching that mask in the worst possible place one can touch. Thankfully they called my order and I don’t think he was involved in handling my food. But others were not so lucky.

Bottom line, these masks are terrible. I know this exact mask because I had to wear the same paper version for a couple weeks until I found some faux cloth BS to appease the Karen’s from HR. They get so hot and moist and now I can’t stop thinking how much that guys mouthy fingers were touching orders.
Afraid of catching something contagious? ;)
Seriously, can’t blame you. Whether or not this coronavirus is as big a threat as “they” say, there’s always something going around—colds, flu, syphillis, TB, whatever. Who knows what the other guy might be carrying.
And these masks are a nuisance, especially the less breathable kind in irritating fabrics. But there are instructions online for making better ones. If everybody wearing masks helps or not, I don’t know. (But then, if they’re completely useless, why do surgeons wear them? Why do people in Asian countries wear them on the street? Why do we wear them for spray painting?)
And of course, some people do stupid sht like that guy touching his face; WTF! Keeping your distance from strangers is actually a good idea, no matter what might be going around. Except (maybe) for the masks, most of these “new” rules are just basic hygiene stuff we should be doing anyway.
Bottom line, I’m still not sure whether this batch of new petty traffic-type regulations are the hill I want to die on. Compulsory vaccines or location tracking? THOSE are the hill to die on. And I can’t help but think that if too many of us refuse to follow the lesser rules—AND the number of new cases doesn’t happen to decline fast enough—our overlords might use this coincidence as an excuse to impose harsher, more intrusive measures.
(But if anybody wants to argue about any of this, I’m open to rational discussion.)

NoMoreTO

Pelican
There were a ton of people out last Saturday at Trinity Bellwoods in downtown Toronto. Its a big park that young people congregate at.

The mayor went out and confronted some of the people and actually took his gay mask off by accident.

It'll be interesting to see whether happenings like this cause them to reduce restrictions or double down.

And I gave you a progressive take that it's all the bad white kids breaking the rules for your viewing pleasure

[t]

This guy knows how to resist
[t]

Last edited:

nerdspeak

I am increasingly just walking into places in Brooklyn without a mask (even places with signs "no mask, no entry") and for the most part, people leave me alone.

What really bugs me is the limits on #s of people in the store, where the clerk makes you wait outside in line because only 2 people are allowed in the store or whatever.

But all of this is just a reminder of why I need to get out of NYC asap.

Silveryback

Pigeon
This thread is really cool. Hey, so what's the deal wit churches being closed? I meant to check it out yesterday but over-slept (whoops). Are the churches back open at least?

And happy Memorial Day, all. Honor veterans - remove masks.

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member

Dhillon, 51, argues the pandemic has exposed a government inclined to overreach — and the fragile nature of civil rights.

“The Constitution is not suspended in a pandemic, any more than it was suspended in every war that we’ve had in this country,’’ Dhillon said in a recent interview. “There is no emergency justifying the suspension of any civil rights in this country.’’

Newsom on March 19 became the first governor to issue a statewide stay-at-home order that shut down nonessential activities. Dhillon's lawsuits have focused on how the state defines "essential."

She has filed more than a dozen lawsuits through her own law firm or her nonprofit, the Virginia-based Center for American Liberty, that challenge Newsom's orders on constitutional grounds. She has questioned his criteria and ability to determine what activities and businesses are necessary.

Some conservative states deemed gun stores and churches essential early on. But California forced them to close until Newsom on Monday allowed houses of worship to reopen.

I am increasingly just walking into places in Brooklyn without a mask (even places with signs "no mask, no entry") and for the most part, people leave me alone.

What really bugs me is the limits on #s of people in the store, where the clerk makes you wait outside in line because only 2 people are allowed in the store or whatever.

But all of this is just a reminder of why I need to get out of NYC asap.
Big city, more people, more rules and laws.

Supreme Court, splitting 5-4, rejects challenge from California church to public gathering restrictions. Roberts joined the liberal justices to form a majority. Opinion: https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/19pdf/19a1044_pok0.pdf

Summary Translation:

Liberals: Be scared! The virus is novel and scary! Science fluff, science fluff, science fluff... Did we mention this is “unprecedented”? That means we’re going to sit on our hands and hide behind your elected governor & “representatives.” Blame them, not us! Just relax: church isn’t really that important compared to this virus threat.

Conservatives: The Governor of California is violating the First Amendment. Because the virus doesn’t care whether you’re shopping or churchgoing, neutrality is both legal and scientific. Government may not single out & prohibit religious activity.

Just walked to the store in Manhattan amid the graffiti from recent protests and was yelled at by an angry 30-something man to 'put on your fucking mask' (mask was on my chin). Anecdotal experience but fits the left narrative that the more extreme left you are the more sophisticated you are. Compound that with a herd mentality and I think we are in for a lot worse. When did knee-jerk reactions become sophisticated? When the professors started blaming W for everything?

Dallas Winston

Ostrich
Gold Member
Roberts is as one of the traitors in the midst Cicero warned about. they must either really have some damning stuff on him or he's just the biggest cuck this side of the Potomac.

The church I normally go to has been closed down for 2 months now and we just got word that we could open up again. My parents are highly involved in the church and are a part of getting our church to "meet the guidelines" to open. So, we can't open unless these guidelines are met. One of these guidelines is that face masks are mandatory and must be worn during the whole service. Also, our church services need to be limited to one hour, so we can't have sabbath school or any other stuff before the main service.

These guidelines are giving people a false hope. When people hear that churches are allowed to open, they are happy. But I don't think a lot of people realize how different churches are going to be and how that will impact our relationships with God. Sure, an hour of church in face masks is probably better than no church, but not by much. It's crazy how fast our rights got taken away. It's made me realize that the people at the top only think of them as a suggestion or a convenience for us to have. They have no problem taking them away if it advances their satanic agenda.

jordypip23

Pelican
Gold Member
Just walked to the store in Manhattan amid the graffiti from recent protests and was yelled at by an angry 30-something man to 'put on your fucking mask' (mask was on my chin). Anecdotal experience but fits the left narrative that the more extreme left you are the more sophisticated you are. Compound that with a herd mentality and I think we are in for a lot worse. When did knee-jerk reactions become sophisticated? When the professors started blaming W for everything?
At least you didn't get caught up in the middle of a race war... I'm not sure what's worse right now in urban America, the pandemic stuff (mask vs. no mask, lockdowns, etc.) or the race riots taking place...

Hindu Man

Sparrow
Typical NYC behavior.

At least you didn't get caught up in the middle of a race war... I'm not sure what's worse right now in urban America, the pandemic stuff (mask vs. no mask, lockdowns, etc.) or the race riots taking place...
:like: