Resisting against coronavirus laws

paninaro

Kingfisher
.....A board member with BALLS! Went through the entire set of reasoning that I (and likely others) had in our feedback. Then kind of like dominoes the remaining 2 board members also vote no. To give you some context, one of the board members in support of remote learning (short haired older woman) said something along the lines of "This sounds harsh but teachers are there to educate your kids, not babysit them." That didn't go well!

Anyways, long story short, the resolution for remote learning DID NOT PASS. So they are back to the drawing board. Yesterday, we had the Teacher's Union out there protesting on the local news station and I hear they are likely going to put "sheep's clothing" around the same plan and peddle it to us again. I hope the based board member and his supporters hold strong....
Congratulations! I live near 2 school districts, and both BOE's voted unanimously to go with distance learning. Not a single member even raised questions about if this is the best option. In one district, student suicides are up 40%, and child abuse reports are down 40% (teachers are often the people who report abuse). Of course, no one brought up those numbers, or argued at all in favor of opening schools. Not a spine among them.

MajorStyles

Kingfisher
That all said, I just showed you what's happening locally in my district BUT this appears to be happening everywhere. Essentially a hybrid/remote plan is already approved by the Board and then in comes the Teacher's Union to shit all over it.

I'd love to get others' perspective..
Remote learning is good. The public school system is a joke, and removing your child from its Satanic web is a positive. What will he/she be missing? Slave History Month, Feminist Programming, Revolution and Anarchy as World History, etc. Remember that the public school system will start their programming ASAP...like kindergarten basically.

Yes, it means more work for the parent. But the time we put into home schooling now will save us problems down the line: i.e having our teenage son tell us that he has fallen in love with a transgender potato.

Cobra

Ostrich
Gold Member
Remote learning is good. The public school system is a joke, and removing your child from its Satanic web is a positive. What will he/she be missing? Slave History Month, Feminist Programming, Revolution and Anarchy as World History, etc. Remember that the public school system will start their programming ASAP...like kindergarten basically.

Yes, it means more work for the parent. But the time we put into home schooling now will save us problems down the line: i.e having our teenage son tell us that he has fallen in love with a transgender potato.
Do you have children?

Homeschooling IS NOT THE SAME AS Remote Learning.

While I'm proponent of home schooling, it doesn't work for everyone and deteriorates the existing school system, and ours is a good one.

Before I finish.. Not every school system is a leftist indoctrination camp! All depends on what kind of community they represent!

We have way too many uninformed people here that see a liberal city's school district institute liberal agendas and extrapolate that to the whole country. It's not always the case!

Johnny Rico

Sparrow
All I remember from high school history class was that it only covered the Holocaust and American slavery. I had no idea about the communist revolutions, or who Marx or Pol Pot was. It was basically just Hitler this Hitler that and I should be ashamed of slavery. This was decades ago in a highly rated school district.

I would say you had better be ready to be extremely stubborn and perceived as a complete jerk if you don't want to wear the mask in public and have places to go on a regular basis.

Despite my posts on here I don't actually think of not wearing a mask as a hill to die on, but I have personally found not wearing one interesting.

If you do it, you should expect regular confrontation with people and store employees. Where I live at least you can basically get away with saying you have a medical exemption, which is what I say, and so far no one has requested any documentation on it. My counties health order also specifically says that you don't have to carry proof of a medical condition, so I'd also read your local areas health order.

I am regularly confronted at the door by employees and tell them I have a medical exemption. They will give you a skeptical look alot of the time, but they will leave you alone after that.

I'd also recommend not being smug about not wearing it, even though it's tempting. Just be very humble and polite, but very firm. That will give you the lowest chances of running into a problem, such as someone calling the police or getting into a fight over it.

And if a store gets very firm with you about wearing it and requests proof when you say you have a medical condition, I simply wouldn't shop there.

Also be prepared to get guilt tripped by people telling you they have a serious medical condition / are older and at risk and that you are putting their life in danger by not wearing a mask around them. And be ready to look them in the face while they lecture you about this and still refuse to put the mask on.

I've found that it actually varies heavily from store to store both the attitude and the policy towards not wearing it. Which I was not expecting. Some places you will get hassled constantly, others you might not even be told once to put it on and can simply go about your business.

A good way to gauge I've found is call the store ahead of time, ask them about their "mask policy" and then tell them you have a medical condition and see how they respond. If they are difficult about it on the phone, they will tend to be difficult about it if you are shopping there as well.

Another thing that can help if you are uneasy and don't feel comfortable just strolling straight in without one, is to talk to a employee or supervisor first before you enter, let them know you have a medical condition, and get confirmation from them first.

I also wouldn't do it if you aren't prepared and willing to risk a serious fine / minor jail sentence / a court battle over it. It hasn't happened to me yet but it's always a possibility.

By the way I've also found surprisingly that of all the places where you will get hassled the most, including by other shoppers, it's walmart. So beware of walmarts in particular.

MajorStyles

Kingfisher
Do you have children?

Homeschooling IS NOT THE SAME AS Remote Learning.

While I'm proponent of home schooling, it doesn't work for everyone and deteriorates the existing school system, and ours is a good one.

Before I finish.. Not every school system is a leftist indoctrination camp! All depends on what kind of community they represent!

We have way too many uninformed people here that see a liberal city's school district institute liberal agendas and extrapolate that to the whole country. It's not always the case!
I have two small children. With regards to remote learning, perhaps I am confusing that with Distance Learning, which is basically online education.

I am sure there are good school systems here and there, generally speaking. However, from my experience, far too many of them—especially in the private sector—are gravely damaged.

paninaro

Kingfisher
I have two small children. With regards to remote learning, perhaps I am confusing that with Distance Learning, which is basically online education.

I am sure there are good school systems here and there, generally speaking. However, from my experience, far too many of them—especially in the private sector—are gravely damaged.
Remote learning as most school districts plan to do it this fall is teaching the same topics they would normally teach, with the same teachers and students, but online (like a Zoom meeting) instead of in the classroom. In some cases, it's not synchronous (live) learning but instead you watch a video of each lesson on your own time -- some school districts in more remote areas with poor internet access tend to prefer the latter option.

I'm new here but have been lurking for a while. This forum has improved my life on different aspects and has also opened my eyes concering the pandemic. I made an account because of a video I encountered that happened in my country, Belgium. It turned my stomach, so I wanted to share it with you guys.

The video displays a young skater getting hit and peppersprayed by a cop because he refused to wear the mask in open air (a skate park). The cop subsequently asked the guy to give him his ID card (for a fine), which the guy also refused while simultaneaously calling the cop a "Nazi" (some cities have made the mask mandatory on the whole territory because of the alleged "second wave", which will probably eventually lead to a general obligation for the whole country).

Here's the link to the video (disturbing):

What baffles me is that this is now happening in a Western civilized country. If you showed me this video in March, I'd even be shocked if it was in China. This has nothing to do with "public health".

What angers me the most is that my fellow citizens (I checked it on twitter) are more symphatetic towards the cop, that it's the guys own fault, etc. So when you refuse to comply to absurd draconian measures with no rational basis and you get beaten up by cops, it's your own fault... Not a healthy recipe ("Just wear the Jew star!"). Besides, if the guy wasn't white, there would be an uproar.

I'm new here but have been lurking for a while. This forum has improved my life on different aspects and has also opened my eyes concering the pandemic. I made an account because of a video I encountered that happened in my country, Belgium. It turned my stomach, so I wanted to share it with you guys.

The video displays a young skater getting hit and peppersprayed by a cop because he refused to wear the mask in open air (a skate park). The cop subsequently asked the guy to give him his ID card (for a fine), which the guy also refused while simultaneaously calling the cop a "Nazi" (some cities have made the mask mandatory on the whole territory because of the alleged "second wave", which will probably eventually lead to a general obligation for the whole country).

Here's the link to the video (disturbing):

What baffles me is that this is now happening in a Western civilized country. If you showed me this video in March, I'd even be shocked if it was in China. This has nothing to do with "public health".

What angers me the most is that my fellow citizens (I checked it on twitter) are more symphatetic towards the cop, that it's the guys own fault, etc. So when you refuse to comply to absurd draconian measures with no rational basis and you get beaten up by cops, it's your own fault... Not a healthy recipe ("Just wear the Jew star!"). Besides, if the guy wasn't white, there would be an uproar.
The bad news is that this just may be the beginning. I really hope it doesn't get alot worse. Fine and pepper spray for not wearing the mask today, what tomorrow?

The bad news is that this just may be the beginning. I really hope it doesn't get alot worse. Fine and pepper spray for not wearing the mask today, what tomorrow?
Yeah, I have made peace with the idea that if you can make 16 year olds wear a mask in the park and enfore it, sky's the limit in terms of tyranny

When I heard that cities were starting to make the mask mandatory on the streets, I thought "no way I'll be complying to this!". You'll get a fine of € 250 if you don't wear it, so I was thinking of leaving my ID home, so if an officer asks me to give him my ID, I'd say something like "make my day, officer" or "when tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes obligation". But now seeing you get treated by the state like you have committed a crime against humanity for not wearing the muzzle...

The most tragic part is that now the police is investing its time and means in enforcing this, while ignoring real criminals (or even terrorists, some terrorist attacks in Western-Europe were planned in Brussels)

In here Cali our family friend filled out the pre-testing paperwork and showed up to the facility to get swabbed for covid19. The line was too long so she decided to leave early without getting tested....she got an email back with results and somehow she tested POSITIVE. honk honk!

1) Corona only lasts a couple weeks MAX. Where's the recovered cases number?
2) Why are blm protests and WalMarts fine, but going to a church service isn't?
3) Why is this being treated like the spanish flu or black plague (both killed ~50 million globally with a much lower total populace), when the death rate for those under 30 is similar to a common flu?

BlastbeatCasanova

Kingfisher
I would say you had better be ready to be extremely stubborn and perceived as a complete jerk if you don't want to wear the mask in public and have places to go on a regular basis.

Despite my posts on here I don't actually think of not wearing a mask as a hill to die on, but I have personally found not wearing one interesting.

If you do it, you should expect regular confrontation with people and store employees. Where I live at least you can basically get away with saying you have a medical exemption, which is what I say, and so far no one has requested any documentation on it. My counties health order also specifically says that you don't have to carry proof of a medical condition, so I'd also read your local areas health order.

I am regularly confronted at the door by employees and tell them I have a medical exemption. They will give you a skeptical look alot of the time, but they will leave you alone after that.

I'd also recommend not being smug about not wearing it, even though it's tempting. Just be very humble and polite, but very firm. That will give you the lowest chances of running into a problem, such as someone calling the police or getting into a fight over it.

And if a store gets very firm with you about wearing it and requests proof when you say you have a medical condition, I simply wouldn't shop there.

Also be prepared to get guilt tripped by people telling you they have a serious medical condition / are older and at risk and that you are putting their life in danger by not wearing a mask around them. And be ready to look them in the face while they lecture you about this and still refuse to put the mask on.

I've found that it actually varies heavily from store to store both the attitude and the policy towards not wearing it. Which I was not expecting. Some places you will get hassled constantly, others you might not even be told once to put it on and can simply go about your business.

A good way to gauge I've found is call the store ahead of time, ask them about their "mask policy" and then tell them you have a medical condition and see how they respond. If they are difficult about it on the phone, they will tend to be difficult about it if you are shopping there as well.

Another thing that can help if you are uneasy and don't feel comfortable just strolling straight in without one, is to talk to a employee or supervisor first before you enter, let them know you have a medical condition, and get confirmation from them first.

I also wouldn't do it if you aren't prepared and willing to risk a serious fine / minor jail sentence / a court battle over it. It hasn't happened to me yet but it's always a possibility.

By the way I've also found surprisingly that of all the places where you will get hassled the most, including by other shoppers, it's walmart. So beware of walmarts in particular.
In the beginning I wouldn't wear a mask while grocery shopping and I wouldn't be the only one, it was probably 85-15. Now I don't see anyone without one - I think most people are afraid of social shaming or appearing in the next viral video of a confrontation. As for me, call me a coward or compliant cattle, but a lot of the populace is very on edge these days. The last thing I need is some mentally ill scrub getting up in my face about it. As much of a shame it is to hide my beautiful bone structure from the world, as of right now I'm cool with wearing a mask for 15 minutes in order to lay low and fly under the radar. Unfortunately, and I'm sure a lot of people here and throughout feel the same way, the pros of going out shopping without a mask to make a statement are exceedingly outweighed but the cons.

(This only applies to grocery stores/places where they make you wear a mask, anywhere else I'm definitely not masking up)

This man resisted and was killed by the cops:

He was a reclusive elderly guy and they described him like that - only being able to blame him for being a solitary man. Guess being private is a crime like in Brave New World.

The cops followed him home after a mask-related argument in a supermarket. Amazing that they tracked him from the license plates and wanted to check up on him for his wellbeing.

Resisting is all good and well with the Karens and some employees, but once armed gestapo-proxies are added to the mix who uphold those insane regulations, then you it's not worth resisting anymore. I don't wear masks most of the time because the employees leave me alone and there are no civilian Karens around here. I put on a mask when I know that a place forces the guards to harass the customers at the entry. And even then - you can just state that you have a case of some asymptomatic mask phobia. But I do put one on at times to spare me even that conversation, then slip it off immediatelly after. However that is all based on ridiculously low chances of having the police being called on me or the cops even showing up on time.

Things would be a bit different if I lived in a dystopian militarized hellhole in Ontario and knew that cops can track me home for not wearing a mask. At least the guy was 73, lived his life in relative freedom and does not have to witness what comes next.

This man resisted and was killed by the cops:

He was a reclusive elderly guy and they described him like that - only being able to blame him for being a solitary man. Guess being private is a crime like in Brave New World.

The cops followed him home after a mask-related argument in a supermarket. Amazing that they tracked him from the license plates and wanted to check up on him for his wellbeing.

Resisting is all good and well with the Karens and some employees, but once armed gestapo-proxies are added to the mix who uphold those insane regulations, then you it's not worth resisting anymore. I don't wear masks most of the time because the employees leave me alone and there are no civilian Karens around here. I put on a mask when I know that a place forces the guards to harass the customers at the entry. And even then - you can just state that you have a case of some asymptomatic mask phobia. But I do put one on at times to spare me even that conversation, then slip it off immediatelly after. However that is all based on ridiculously low chances of having the police being called on me or the cops even showing up on time.

Things would be a bit different if I lived in a dystopian militarized hellhole in Ontario and knew that cops can track me home for not wearing a mask. At least the guy was 73, lived his life in relative freedom and does not have to witness what comes next.
Strange how the fact "that he didn't have any friends" is a relevant element in terms of this incident.

It's like the fact that he showed 'signs of unorthodoxy' is somehow a justification to get 'un-personed'

Here it's highly illegal to not wear a mask on public transport, so basically everyone does there, but virtually no one does it elsewhere.

Max Roscoe

Woodpecker
I just cancelled international travel planned for tomorrow, and am planning a trip out west, and just assumed that the western states are not strongly affected by the outbreak, and that they are also much more laid back and reasonable. In fact, one friend in New Mexico told me that I would be required to quarantine myself in a hotel for 14 days upon arrival, and not allowed to leave my room, other than to accept food. And that there are very few places for us to hang out anyway. The penalties for a hotel not reporting me if I choose to stay there for shorter than 14 days is $1,000.

This is highly disturbing:

I'm coming from one of the states supposedly experiencing a severe outbreak now but we have nothing near this draconian. It's mostly unenforceable, but many will choose to obey the law (or suggestion... I doubt it is even a law). I planned on meandering around and exploring miles of natural beauty across several states. I don't have time to try 3 or 4 motels every night to find one that will allow me to stay there. Not to mention that would defeat the whole purpose of trying to get out into nature and escape this madness and feel alive again.

Sisyphus

Robin
I've noticed that the only people not wearing masks in the grocery store now are black. A pretty brilliant strategy if you ask me. Not only is anyone who makes a peep at you a racist white oppressor, anyone who feels strongly enough to harass strangers in public also worships minorities and would never commit the injustice of bothering someone who's suffered so long at the hands of the slave masters. If they're not wearing a mask it's a bold statement for social justice - definitely not the anti-social sociopathic behavior of a Nazi maskhole.

Johnny Rico

Sparrow
In the beginning I wouldn't wear a mask while grocery shopping and I wouldn't be the only one, it was probably 85-15. Now I don't see anyone without one - I think most people are afraid of social shaming or appearing in the next viral video of a confrontation. As for me, call me a coward or compliant cattle, but a lot of the populace is very on edge these days. The last thing I need is some mentally ill scrub getting up in my face about it. As much of a shame it is to hide my beautiful bone structure from the world, as of right now I'm cool with wearing a mask for 15 minutes in order to lay low and fly under the radar. Unfortunately, and I'm sure a lot of people here and throughout feel the same way, the pros of going out shopping without a mask to make a statement are exceedingly outweighed but the cons.

(This only applies to grocery stores/places where they make you wear a mask, anywhere else I'm definitely not masking up)
Agreed. We are now in a survival situation. I know the muzzle is bullshit and I despise the Karens and the lies we are being fed. However its not worth getting in to a fight over. In a blue city you could easily be attacked by an angry mob, arrested, or even shot by the police for not wearing a muzzle. If you're seriously injured, incarcerated or fired and unemployable because of a muzzle incident you're not going to be able to protect yourself and your family during the communist revolution.

I have mentioned this in other threads but this is a good way to cover your face by mocking it and looking kind of cool. Funny how I was able to buy alcohol with just showing my ID while wearing it with sunglasses on.

I've noticed that the only people not wearing masks in the grocery store now are black. A pretty brilliant strategy if you ask me. Not only is anyone who makes a peep at you a racist white oppressor, anyone who feels strongly enough to harass strangers in public also worships minorities and would never commit the injustice of bothering someone who's suffered so long at the hands of the slave masters. If they're not wearing a mask it's a bold statement for social justice - definitely not the anti-social sociopathic behavior of a Nazi maskhole.
I live in a town thats 98% white but attracts out of town tourists. We are 100% muzzled and Karens are on patrol. Black tourists, especially ghetto types from a city not far from me, don't wear muzzles and no one is willing to speak up. I walked into a store un-muzzled a month ago and immediately got cussed out by Karens working there. F bombs galore. I saw a ghetto black couple with the same clerks working un-muzzled and and the Karens asked very politely to wear a mask in the future and still served them.

Last edited: