Resisting against coronavirus laws

Rob Banks

Pelican
Here in Upstate New York, I just went to pick up my computer from the repair shop. The fat white American woman behind the counter rudely told me to wear a mask, so I refused.

My newly-repaired computer was sitting right there on the table with the receipt, so I just grabbed it and tried to hand over the money. But the woman refused and aggressively tried to yank the computer right out of my hands. Then she called the cops on me for “theft.”

I waited for the cops. They came, asked me to pay, and then left and made a comment about how stupid the whole mask thing is.

Last edited:

Rob Banks

Pelican
↑Update: They fixed my Internet problem but in the process they physically took my computer apart and now the keyboard and mouse buttons are f**ked.

Needless to say, they will tell me to go f**k myself if I bring it back, and it isn’t worth it to take them to small claims. I’ll just have to leave a negative Yelp review and go to another repair shop.

Do any computer experts know why they would need to physically take my computer apart in order to fix an Internet problem? The issue was that I installed some software that was malfunctioning and it was blocking all Internet access.

Seadog

Woodpecker
The province I live in is making masks mandatory in all indoor places as of tomorrow. The kicker is, that the entire province of a million or so people hasn't had a new case in something like 2 weeks (and for the past 2 months or so has mainly saw 5-15 streaks of none, punctuated by the odd single one, usually in a nursing home) and currently have ZERO active cases. What the hell happened to "flattening the curve" to keep cases below ICU limits? Now ministers are on record saying things like "we need to accept the new normal until there's a vaccine, risk is lower, but not zero"

I'm not even that anti mask to be honest, particularly if you're in a heavy hit area, but I'm not sure what to make of it when cases have been dropping and dropping for months, while restrictions have been going up and up. Like another poster said, I don't feel this isn't the hill to die on, but then what is? You don't get to 1945 Germany over night. You get there over a dozen years through a series of tiny changes, none of which seem egregious compared to what's currently in place.

FactusIRX

Sparrow
↑Update: They fixed my Internet problem but in the process they physically took my computer apart and now the keyboard and mouse buttons are f**ked.

Needless to say, they will tell me to go f**k myself if I bring it back, and it isn’t worth it to take them to small claims. I’ll just have to leave a negative Yelp review and go to another repair shop.

Do any computer experts know why they would need to physically take my computer apart in order to fix an Internet problem? The issue was that I installed some software that was malfunctioning and it was blocking all Internet access.
Only if they identified an issue with the hardware. Did you have to pay for any new hardware components? Did they provide you with an documentation on what went wrong and what they did to fix it?

Walmart won't enforce its rules on wearing masks because it fears staff could be attacked by shoppers angry at being challenged

wal world.jpeg

"A Gallup poll released on July 6 found widespread support for mask-wearing in the US, with 85% of people saying they had worn one. Only 11% say they had not considered it.

Garcia, the Walmart spokeswoman, said "virtually everyone either brings a mask or readily complies with the requirement."

Retail workers, however, have borne the brunt of numerous violent outbursts from some customers who refuse."

AnonymousBosch

Crow
Gold Member
Here in Upstate New York, I just went to pick up my computer from the repair shop. The fat white American woman behind the counter rudely told me to wear a mask, so I refused.

My newly-repaired computer was sitting right there on the table with the receipt, so I just grabbed it and tried to hand over the money. But the woman refused and aggressively tried to yank the computer right out of my hands. Then she called the cops on me for “theft.”

I waited for the cops. They came, asked me to pay, and then left and made a comment about how stupid the whole mask thing is.
Here's something I think it's important for everyone to understand.

The Spiritual War is ramping up in intensity, and it means the demonic forces will be working overtime in the areas of the Animal Soul that they're allowed to influence under the Natural Law: the Memory and Emotions.

Meaning, we're in a period of high stress where those who are demonically-afflicted are going to react with greater fury and very-unpredictably to simple triggers that might have been previously shrugged off. The other trick here is the first sin, Pride. So you'll have one side that is angry that their pride is injured by being 'forced' to 'obey' by wearing a mask, and the other side who are, well angry at being exposed to something that might kill them, regardless of whether or not this whole virus is a hoax or not. For the record, I believe it was a US-Israeli Bioweapon, that perhaps wasn't as effective as first expected.

So, your best protection here is to not get involved in these battles to start with. Keep your head down and wear the stupid mask, so you don't end up in a pitched battle over either Pride or Fear, because all you're doing is making yourself a target. Everyone else's demonic baggage is none of your concern. Wise as serpents, gentles as doves. This is not the hill to die on, because neither Pride nor Fear are of God. Wear the mask, navigate the shops, get what you need for survival, and don't get involved in any unnecessary conflict by offering sucking up any inconvenience and frustration to God.

Be Kermit.

This Priest gets it, and this is fantastic homily for our times. He breaks down the false choice between Dialetics, even down to siding between mask and anti-mask.

Sisyphus

Robin
It seems to me that the continuum for mask resistance goes as follows, in decreasing order of severity:

1) No mask - subjects yourself to hostility and verbal abuse at best, physical attacks at worst. The bravest and most commendable, but also the most dangerous form of resistance.

2) Face covering that doesn't actually cover your mouth or nose such as the plague doctor mask - accomplishes mockery of the hysteria and emphasizes the hypocrisy of the restrictions in that it doesn't matter if the object fulfills a purpose as long as it makes people feel safe and acts as a virtue signal.

3) Face covering that actually does cover the orifices but is totally absurd. Includes gorilla, scary Halloween/demon/etc. mask, Nixon - is more compliant but also increases the level of mockery.

4) Regular mask worn improperly including loosely fitting, but more importantly pulled down so that nostrils and possibly mouth are exposed - complies with most mandates in a literal sense ("facemasks are required to enter") but flaunts your disdain for said mandate and essentially acts as a middle finger to the establishment being frequented and its obedient patrons.

5) Wearing mask properly but touching it incessantly whenever someone looks at you - similar to #2 in that it highlights the hypocrisy of the restrictions. The mask is rendered useless for its ostensible purpose at that point and only functions as a virtue signal. Relatively ineffective as a form of resistance in that it's too nuanced and subtle for the overwhelming majority of the manipulated masses even if your gestures are exaggerated. Especially because most of the people who believe themselves to be virtuous are doing this too.

6) Wearing a cloth mask that you wash and scrub frequently or otherwise decreasing the effectiveness of the mask in a way that isn't visible to others - the lowest form of resistance in that only you know what's going on (washing the mask erodes the fibers, making the spaces between them larger). Can provide some benefits in making you feel better while you unwillingly play the part of an obedient slave stripped of your rights.

7) Full, cheerful compliance - never my bruh.

8) Agent provocateur; unleashing hysterical righteous outrage against anyone practicing forms 1-5, jumping up and down, screaming, flailing arms, demanding that other bystanders join your cause and heap derision and insults upon the resistor, incorporating social justice issues and/or slogans when applicable. Again, ineffective due to the nuance of the maneuver. In a sane situation, this would reflect negatively on the pro-mask contingent, but unfortunately in our current situation you would be lauded as a crusading hero for the cause of public health and preserving grandma's twilight years. Not recommended but I'd be interested to hear any reports if someone is feeling ornery and cares to try it.

It seems to me that the continuum for mask resistance goes as follows, in decreasing order of severity:

1) No mask - subjects yourself to hostility and verbal abuse at best, physical attacks at worst. The bravest and most commendable, but also the most dangerous form of resistance.

2) Face covering that doesn't actually cover your mouth or nose such as the plague doctor mask - accomplishes mockery of the hysteria and emphasizes the hypocrisy of the restrictions in that it doesn't matter if the object fulfills a purpose as long as it makes people feel safe and acts as a virtue signal.

3) Face covering that actually does cover the orifices but is totally absurd. Includes gorilla, scary Halloween/demon/etc. mask, Nixon - is more compliant but also increases the level of mockery.

4) Regular mask worn improperly including loosely fitting, but more importantly pulled down so that nostrils and possibly mouth are exposed - complies with most mandates in a literal sense ("facemasks are required to enter") but flaunts your disdain for said mandate and essentially acts as a middle finger to the establishment being frequented and its obedient patrons.

5) Wearing mask properly but touching it incessantly whenever someone looks at you - similar to #2 in that it highlights the hypocrisy of the restrictions. The mask is rendered useless for its ostensible purpose at that point and only functions as a virtue signal. Relatively ineffective as a form of resistance in that it's too nuanced and subtle for the overwhelming majority of the manipulated masses even if your gestures are exaggerated. Especially because most of the people who believe themselves to be virtuous are doing this too.

6) Wearing a cloth mask that you wash and scrub frequently or otherwise decreasing the effectiveness of the mask in a way that isn't visible to others - the lowest form of resistance in that only you know what's going on (washing the mask erodes the fibers, making the spaces between them larger). Can provide some benefits in making you feel better while you unwillingly play the part of an obedient slave stripped of your rights.

7) Full, cheerful compliance - never my bruh.

8) Agent provocateur; unleashing hysterical righteous outrage against anyone practicing forms 1-5, jumping up and down, screaming, flailing arms, demanding that other bystanders join your cause and heap derision and insults upon the resistor, incorporating social justice issues and/or slogans when applicable. Again, ineffective due to the nuance of the maneuver. In a sane situation, this would reflect negatively on the pro-mask contingent, but unfortunately in our current situation you would be lauded as a crusading hero for the cause of public health and preserving grandma's twilight years. Not recommended but I'd be interested to hear any reports if someone is feeling ornery and cares to try it.
Utterly splendid post. Well thought out, funny and highly accurate.

Here's something I think it's important for everyone to understand.

The Spiritual War is ramping up in intensity, and it means the demonic forces will be working overtime in the areas of the Animal Soul that they're allowed to influence under the Natural Law: the Memory and Emotions.

Meaning, we're in a period of high stress where those who are demonically-afflicted are going to react with greater fury and very-unpredictably to simple triggers that might have been previously shrugged off. The other trick here is the first sin, Pride. So you'll have one side that is angry that their pride is injured by being 'forced' to 'obey' by wearing a mask, and the other side who are, well angry at being exposed to something that might kill them, regardless of whether or not this whole virus is a hoax or not. For the record, I believe it was a US-Israeli Bioweapon, that perhaps wasn't as effective as first expected.

So, your best protection here is to not get involved in these battles to start with. Keep your head down and wear the stupid mask, so you don't end up in a pitched battle over either Pride or Fear, because all you're doing is making yourself a target. Everyone else's demonic baggage is none of your concern. Wise as serpents, gentles as doves. This is not the hill to die on, because neither Pride nor Fear are of God. Wear the mask, navigate the shops, get what you need for survival, and don't get involved in any unnecessary conflict by offering sucking up any inconvenience and frustration to God.

Be Kermit.

This Priest gets it, and this is fantastic homily for our times. He breaks down the false choice between Dialetics, even down to siding between mask and anti-mask.

There is a lot of truth to this. While I completely agree with what 'Rob Banks' did I also don't think it achieved it's purpose.

If you're in a situation where you are entering someones small business and they're adherent to the mask crap then I think it best to let them win. In the end it's their business and you can tell them that the covid stuff is crap but all you're gonna do is anger them and force them to confront their own ego investment in this stuff....the 'demon'. If you just joke with them with the mask on, or simply tell them lightly 'don't you think this mask stuff is kinda silly' or 'pretty soon we're all gonna be getting that killer vaccine.' I think you've made you're point more effectively. If you make them mad, you're just becoming an enemy and a target for their own cognitive dissonance.

We should be treating the normies with kindness even though deep down we resent their blind obedience.

suit.jpg

Okay, why fool around with anything less? When you show up at Wal-Mart, people will run, thinking the apocalypse has arrived!

"Yeah, I'm not with the government." "I just take my personal safety extremely seriously, while shopping." ;)

Who would have thought that this thread would still be active and necessary in July? It's weird to say that the activity of this thread is not in harmony with the activity of the virus (which would be a logical premise). The peak was in April, yet the measures are now getting harder despite the decrease of cases. This contradiction alone shows that it's a scam.

We have entered a train in March under the guise of public health, but we don't know what the destination is. Where will this train bring us? When are things deemed normal again? Zero infections? Vaccines? Microchips?

This is a pretty simple and legitimate question, that yet no one is able to ask. The journalists of today are more concerned about creating division in Western countries with myths like Black Lives Matter, instead of asking critical questions about the future of our democracy.

I think that the Bible contains more wisdom to deal with this virus than what all the scientists have to say. Secular people believe in the engeneerablitiy of society, trying to make it as perfect as possible. And if the scientists have to bypass human dignity in the process of doing so, so be it.

In a sane society, one would conclude that

- this isn't a killer virus that is much worse that the flu
- look at which people are affected the most (old men who are overweight, have underlying conditions, etc.) and focus to protect these people
- it's totally unnecessary to shut down the economy since the people active on the labour market will not die from it
- a lockdown/quarantaine only makes sense for people who get sick

Muscovite

Pigeon
Here in Russia (Moscow) there are mask requirements and notices on shop doors etc. but about 80-90% of people aren't wearing masks and shop staff and customers don't care or stare if you don't wear one. I've only heard of trouble on buses with some fines handed out for not wearing a mask, but it's rare. The government also did away with the initial requirement of wearing masks in the street and parks.

The Dutch seem to be on the right path - "There Is No Proven Effectiveness" - Netherlands Refuses To Mandate Mask Wearing In Public

Enigma

Hummingbird
Gold Member

If there was a problem with the wireless card, depending on your computer model, it could have required being taken apart.

In general, most modern computers are designed and constructed in a way that makes them difficult to work on without taking the whole thing apart. That's why a lot of people still swear by older Thinkpads.

However, as long as they didn't physically break your keyboard/mouse, it probably wouldn't be that hard to fix it yourself. Just google "how to fix keyboard on [computer model]".

For those of you who say you're complying with masks...

When will you begin to resist? What is too much for you personally to comply with? How do all these arguments in this thread not apply to whatever that line in the sand is?