Resisting against coronavirus laws

"When I go grocery shopping lately I've started pushing it halfway down my face so I can breathe through my nose."

Ohhhh, you rebel, you)

Better, do your research, know your rights, DON'T wear a mask, challenge them to call the cops, demand a lawyer, demand a trail, risk it all, win and sue.

As much as I despise the whole mask wearing show - and I've not worn one since the end of April (it's been mandatory in my country since mid-April) - you're sounding a bit condescending, aren't you? You need to ask yourself, what is the goal of not wearing a mask. You come off as wanting to get challenged so you can show them you're better than them. That's pride - and believe me, I struggle with it too! From my experience, if they ask you to put the mask on, being extra polite is the best way to defuse the tension and potential argument. And if they're really persistent and unpleasant, just say 'Have a wonderful day!', smile and leave.
At the same time, I don't believe it's a sin to refuse to wear a mask. Shouldn't law be just and intuitively (as much as possible) comprehensible? The science they love so much had been pretty much settled that masks don't do anything in terms of containing the virus yet it changed completely in the last couple of months and this BS is being sold now as pretty much the best and only weapon against the 'rona. On top of that, the masks and even the visors can and do cause health issues. And yes, in many states/countries they're enforcing this policy illegally as there is no actual law backing it.
So, my conscious is clear. Sure, it might not be the hill I will be dying on but it doesn't mean I won't fight.

fokker

Pelican
They are thinking about forcing you to take a morality pill so you comply with orders.

Haha imagine that. Another super based Serb.

I remember hearing 5 years ago that injecting people with oxycontin would decrease their faith in God and make them more amenable to rapefugees moving into their society. I'd imagine they'd put that in the "morality pill".

Horus

Ostrich
Gold Member
I'm living in a fairly authoritative country right now where there are fines for not wearing masks in some situations. Gyms opened up a couple of months ago with strict rules that required mask and glove wearing at all times. Everybody complied, and exercising with a mask and gloves was unbearable. Anybody whose mask didn't cover their nose and mouth were rebuked by the employees.

Fast forward to the last couple of weeks, and compliance is changing. Slowly, the masks stopped covering noses, and soon were being worn around necks. Yesterday when I went, some people weren't wearing them at all, with not a word from the employees. I've also noticed a trend that people wear gloves to gain entrance at reception, then immediately take them off to exercise. No consequences at all, although technically they could face a hefty fine.

I'm proud of my fellow man.

Zagor

Robin
It might also just be the case that the propaganda subsided for a period and the people relaxed, but I've noticed that it takes only one day of intense media bombardment for people to go from relaxed to fearful and fully compliant.

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member
Town votes to rescind license of N.J. gym whose owners repeatedly defied coronavirus restrictions

A borough council in Camden County voted Tuesday to rescind the business license of a gym that has repeatedly defied a state order to close its doors under coronavirus restrictions.

The Bellmawr council voted 5 to 1 to rescind the mercantile license of Atilis Gym after an hour-long hearing that featured comments from the gym owners’ attorney, the borough’s lawyer and council members. One of the gym owners, Ian Smith, sat in the council chamber, along with a half dozen police officers and 10 members of the public allowed to attend in seats spaced 6-feet apart.

Smith’s attorney, John McCann, called some of the information presented in the hearing about the gym as “goofy” and “obnoxious.” He called it “something out of George Orwell.”

The borough council eventually voted to revoke the license following nine pairs of citations against Smith and his business partner Frank Trumbetti, and an arrest for defying a state executive order to keep their gym closed as part of the coronavirus pandemic response.

“Atilis Gym’s brazen conduct is abhorrent to an organized judicial system, jeopardizes the public health and the safety of New Jerseyans, and must not be tolerated,” the state Attorney General’s office has said. “It is clear that additional sanctions and relief are necessary to coerce Atilis Gym’s compliance with the court’s order.”

The AG’s office last week recommended fines of up to $10,000 a day and possible imprisonment for Trumbetti and Smith who were found to be in contempt of a state executive order to remain closed during the coronavirus pandemic shutdown.

Trumbetti and Smith kicked in a plywood barricade at the front door of the gym earlier this month and reopened it to patrons, officials said. The building had been shuttered to mandate compliance with the shutdown order, which the pair had repeatedly violated, claiming it was a financial hardship and driving them out of business.

LeoniusD

Kingfisher
Resisting will become more difficult once food shortages arrive and you depend on the government to give you food - obviously that will depend on you wearing your mask and getting vaccinated. The government is stockpiling that food while at the same time shutting down the food supply with idiotic tests that supposedly declare 100% of the workforce covid-infected without anyone being sick.

barrythecyborg

Woodpecker
As much as I despise the whole mask wearing show - and I've not worn one since the end of April (it's been mandatory in my country since mid-April) - you're sounding a bit condescending, aren't you? You need to ask yourself, what is the goal of not wearing a mask. You come off as wanting to get challenged so you can show them you're better than them. That's pride - and believe me, I struggle with it too! From my experience, if they ask you to put the mask on, being extra polite is the best way to defuse the tension and potential argument. And if they're really persistent and unpleasant, just say 'Have a wonderful day!', smile and leave.
At the same time, I don't believe it's a sin to refuse to wear a mask. Shouldn't law be just and intuitively (as much as possible) comprehensible? The science they love so much had been pretty much settled that masks don't do anything in terms of containing the virus yet it changed completely in the last couple of months and this BS is being sold now as pretty much the best and only weapon against the 'rona. On top of that, the masks and even the visors can and do cause health issues. And yes, in many states/countries they're enforcing this policy illegally as there is no actual law backing it.
So, my conscious is clear. Sure, it might not be the hill I will be dying on but it doesn't mean I won't fight.

Wrong, wrong,wrong.

Masks> vaccine> microchips.

At what point do you refuse?

Just like Nazi Germany...

Patches> segregation> showers.

Sure, just be 'polite'.

Sure, but I never suggested the latter. My advice would be to try and be polite and reasonable as much as possible. If this doesn't work then simply leave, I am sure there are other places that will accept your money without having to play this stupid game.

Batman_

Kingfisher
Check on that man, I'll bet it isn't enforceable. If the passed a 'law' to say you had to walk around naked with a finger up your rectum, you'd have to comply?

"When I go grocery shopping lately I've started pushing it halfway down my face so I can breathe through my nose."

Ohhhh, you rebel, you)

Better, do your research, know your rights, DON'T wear a mask, challenge them to call the cops, demand a lawyer, demand a trail, risk it all, win and sue.
My grocery store is a giant midwestern chain, not worth the hastle to deal with all that shit.

NY Digital

Pelican
Gold Member
Just wear the mask on your chin.

If someone bothers you, just say "sorry it fell off" and keep walking. You can choose to put it up then move it back down, or whatever.

Chains of Peter

Woodpecker
There is sin in wearing the mask, because it reinforces the notion that death is to be feared. A fear of death is a lack of faith. Preach the Gospel instead of wearing a mask; you’ll be savings souls instead of potentially impeding their salvation.

There is absolutely no sin in refusing to take part in satanic ritual humiliation based on what we know - beyond a shadow of a doubt - is not even close to what they’re telling us it is.
The sin is more in the perpetuation of a fraud than in the fear of death.

NY Digital

Pelican
Gold Member
You're still wearing a mask...

Good luck telling people the vaccine 'slipped'.

I totally agree with you.
This whole thing is a fraudulent scam.

But sometimes people just don't want the hassle.
Resistance in baby steps.

Is that the best approach? Are you going to change the massively ingrained brainwashing?

I don't know. These are troubling times. We do what we can. It's not enough.

barrythecyborg

Woodpecker
I'm having fun ironically playing citizen enforcer here, of 'rona recommendations that barely anyone observes...

I was in a tiny bakery earlier that only has room for one person inside, and has a sign on the door dictating only one person enter at a time, for soccciiiall distancing [comrades]...

A guy came in whilst I was there, meaning there were TWO humans (plus the cashier) sharing the same 2x2 space...

So I pointed at the door and barked 'Yaj! Yaj! Yaj!!' like a zoo keeper 'till he left.

Small wins...

Chains of Peter

Woodpecker
I totally agree with you.
This whole thing is a fraudulent scam.

But sometimes people just don't want the hassle.
Resistance in baby steps.

Is that the best approach? Are you going to change the massively ingrained brainwashing?

I don't know. These are troubling times. We do what we can. It's not enough.
The best resistance is simply stop patronizing all the businesses that submit to VirusRegime. They'll fold and collapse and it doesn't require you to grandstand.

But people will have to refuse being labeled as lepers on the basis of superstition disguised as science.

It's a pity that businesses that simply want to operate like "normal" will have to do so in the black market--the same legal space where all the street drugs, human traffickers and other contraband reside. But after generations of creeping "new normals" this is what we've become.

Can we just go full “Bartleby the scrivener?”

I got my first minor mask confrontation yesterday after about a dozen successes. The front desk Karen at my gym, kinda did the fake cough and said “next time, um” then pointed to her mask. I blazed past everyone so I thought I made it in the clear, so I didn’t think of Bartleby in time. I just said “sure, no prob.” I walked back upstairs to leave she had her’s on her chin. :rolleyes:

Our gym rules are ridiculous. Like a restaurant, you have to wear it until you get I to the weight room. Then start spreading germs at your leisure.