Resisting against coronavirus laws

barrythecyborg

Woodpecker
I hope this is a turning point in the UK. The guy wasn't being aggressive but RoboCop didn't like being told no. Surely the NPCs will wake up now this was literally CCP tactics in a western country. Seriously impressed at how he took the pepper spray that had to hurt.
I was just thinking... it's strange how these cops are acting so aggressively.

They know it'll be recorded and shared.

It's almost like they know if everyone rises up they can never contain it, so a few heavy pre-emptive strikes might be enough to send out the message and keep the dopes in line.

After losing my old job due to the corona economy, I started a new career in a wholly different field. This new job requires me to frequently enter people's homes. The company requires that we wear masks when interacting with customers, but even during normal times a respirator would be required 90% of the time regardless as basic PPE due to working in attics, crawl spaces, and applying potentially hazardous chemicals frequently. I generally just don my half-face respirator and allow it to loosely hang from the top strap only until I need to properly secure it to protect myself from real hazards (rat droppings, insulation, asbestos, toxic pesticides.) I've noticed that a significant majority of my customers do not wear their masks when I enter their home. Maybe one in twenty are #truebelievers and make me wait outside while they get everyone in the home masked up. An even smaller percentage, one in fifty or so, tell me that I don't have to wear mine or even go so far as to request that I remove mine until I start my work.

barrythecyborg

Woodpecker
It will be very interesting to see if Coronavirus infection/death rates explode in Idaho, after the decision to do away with the measures to contain it. The problem with the herd immunity strategy in Sweden was that the elderly took the hits, and their national death rate was about five times that of their mask wearing, social distancing neighbors. Also, upon recovering from the virus, supposedly antibodies only exist in the body for around four months, which is not that long.
Errr.. the elderly 'took the hits' everywhere...

"and their national death rate was about five times that of their mask wearing, social distancing neighbors..."

Don't drink the kool-aid bro. I call bullshit on any published stats out there.

andy dufresne

Woodpecker
After losing my old job due to the corona economy, I started a new career in a wholly different field. This new job requires me to frequently enter people's homes. The company requires that we wear masks when interacting with customers, but even during normal times a respirator would be required 90% of the time regardless as basic PPE due to working in attics, crawl spaces, and applying potentially hazardous chemicals frequently. I generally just don my half-face respirator and allow it to loosely hang from the top strap only until I need to properly secure it to protect myself from real hazards (rat droppings, insulation, asbestos, toxic pesticides.) I've noticed that a significant majority of my customers do not wear their masks when I enter their home. Maybe one in twenty are #truebelievers and make me wait outside while they get everyone in the home masked up. An even smaller percentage, one in fifty or so, tell me that I don't have to wear mine or even go so far as to request that I remove mine until I start my work.
I found that a good chunk of old people are woke to this crap. Also social shaming really stops working the older you get.

RomikJan

Sparrow
I would say the opposite of where i am at, i do audio video and home theater and sell alot of equipment from being an authorized dealer of many brands. Soon as we ring the doorbell they scrapple looking for a mask , sometimes they yell just a sec looking for my mask. The funniest and saddest part is that theyre legit terrified but not terrified enough to get the latest new tv, so they can have all their dopamine.

LeoniusD

Woodpecker

If enough people resist, then the cops do not dare to arrest a non-mask-wearing-barefaced woman. People have to realize the power they have. Obviously you are not to use weapons like Antifa-morons or the cops would have to defend themselves with greater force. But a crowd of unarmed unified people can stop it at this stage. Because currently they are not allowed to gun down people willy-nilly.

If enough people resist, then the cops do not dare to arrest a non-mask-wearing-barefaced woman. People have to realize the power they have. Obviously you are not to use weapons like Antifa-morons or the cops would have to defend themselves with greater force. But a crowd of unarmed unified people can stop it at this stage. Because currently they are not allowed to gun down people willy-nilly.

Looks like Spanish police hire 12-year old boys now...

DenizenJane

Pigeon
I went to two local stores today (and i do mean independently operated hole in the wall shops). No masks behind the counter. Therefore, no masks for anyone else.

The lesson here is that mandates are only enforced through 'informing' on others. The more 'general public' your clientele is, the greater the likelihood of being snitched on. These neighborhood corner stores, and props to them for surviving a lockdown, slip under the authorities radar because their tighter circle community has the decency to not have the health department swat the place.

The hysterical cat-ladies do not frequent small businesses that much. Otherwise you'd notice alot more BS.

It varies and it depends, but I'd say on average the percentage of people wearing masks in any given place / time is about 20-33% (1/5 to 1/3). Enough to make you think what the fuck, but not enough to make you feel like you're completely in the twilight zone. Sometimes I see lots of people wearing one, and other times it's almost nobody. A lot of people aren't even wearing them properly, and sometimes people lower them when talking.

I'd be surprised if the percentage rises. I think people are bored of the whole thing now and are just going along with it out of habit. I think as time goes by more and more people will start to become slack in the use of masks and it will be enforced less and less, until it's treated as the joke that it is. Eventually it will just be a preference and one day people will look back and think what the fuck was all that about.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I went to two local stores today (and i do mean independently operated hole in the wall shops). No masks behind the counter. Therefore, no masks for anyone else.

The lesson here is that mandates are only enforced through 'informing' on others. The more 'general public' your clientele is, the greater the likelihood of being snitched on. These neighborhood corner stores, and props to them for surviving a lockdown, slip under the authorities radar because their tighter circle community has the decency to not have the health department swat the place.

The hysterical cat-ladies do not frequent small businesses that much. Otherwise you'd notice alot more BS.
I was talking to the young fella who's family owns the little shop on my street. Usually he just sells the basic corner store items; smokes, junk food, weed para, etc. Now he is selling more fresh items too. I asked if its because the larger market up the street has a masking policy and he said yep.

My hopes are that after the initial bloodbath of small business closures that many will start to bounce back. My business already keeps a growing black list of businesses to boycott, so its just gonna be better for our vendors who stayed sane through this.

EndlessGravity

Woodpecker
It varies and it depends, but I'd say on average the percentage of people wearing masks in any given place / time is about 20-33% (1/5 to 1/3). Enough to make you think what the fuck, but not enough to make you feel like you're completely in the twilight zone. Sometimes I see lots of people wearing one, and other times it's almost nobody. A lot of people aren't even wearing them properly, and sometimes people lower them when talking.
We've been seeing chain reactions where we show up and its 90% compliance. We have no masks and just act normal as a family. Within a short time other people around us start taking theirs off. There's been several times when that 90% turns into 0% because of this. It happens when I'm alone or with family.

People are sick of it but are cowardly or just going along. All it takes is you.

kel

Pelican
People are sick of it but are cowardly or just going along. All it takes is you.
Strongly agree. I take mine off to be one more face showing, hopefully encouraging others. I've been places where a critical mass of people are not wearing masks, there's just nothing that can be done about it. Then I go other places and everyone has one. Strength in numbers, "let your light so shine before men", even, perhaps.

We've been seeing chain reactions where we show up and its 90% compliance. We have no masks and just act normal as a family. Within a short time other people around us start taking theirs off. There's been several times when that 90% turns into 0% because of this. It happens when I'm alone or with family.

I've never cared about being different so I have no issues being the odd one man out, and luckily a lot of people where I am don't wear a mask either and no one makes an issue out of it. Hopefully as the weeks and months go by more people will stop caring. It's funny how no one really talks about wearing transparent masks. It's not like you can't get one online or make one. I get the feeling that to a lot of people it would be too much of a reminder of normality, or like you're cheating or something. People are so stupid it's unbelievable.

Sargon2112

Sparrow
My stance has been that I simply will not wear one. They've passed local and state ordinances here, but not a single person at a restaurant, store or otherwise has said a word to me. When I make eye contact with the door/ mask patrol on my way in, I just shake my head 'no' and keep walking. I figure if they're really serious, they can speak up. Thus far, none of them have chased me down... Lol.

But a crowd of unarmed unified people can stop it at this stage.
Protests and unarmed resistance do not stop anything; Government has always 'granted', or crushed 'what the people demand', based on It's own preplanned agenda. True revolution/rebellion is only accomplished through a violent overthrow of the existing establishment.

Because currently they are not allowed to gun down people willy-nilly.
[Italics added]^^

If the Government takes the "crush" route, that situation is going to change, and nothing can be done to stop it; except civil war - which will also mean that situation is going to change.