Resisting against coronavirus laws

RomikJan

Sparrow
Yesterday guys im waitin for my elevator and someone from above was going down it opened on my floor they freaked out and went ughhhhhfffff and grabbed all their laundry and got off on my floor and were like ILL WAIT and let me go. They almost tripped over themselves trying to get out ASAP while holding all laundry and looked at me like i was the boogyman from the scariest movie of the year. Being that she was so old the trip up she almost had when she bolted out with all her stuff would have probably injured her more than the virus scare has all year. It happened so fast i was in my own thoughts and elevator came and she bolted and i would have let her go and wait for the next one being she was an elderly woman. At same time elderly or not why should i play pretend with her. Why should i pretend im sick so she can feel safe riding in the elevator. At least we both thought we were in a horror movie.

Last edited:

fokm

Robin
Gold Member
Living in suburbia in a blue area of a blue state.

Today was the first day of soccer for my older child. Games are played at a park with a bunch of soccer fields. Hundreds of people there at any given time.

The league emails were clear -- players don't have to wear masks while playing, but anyone on the sidelines, including parents, does. Also, players should wear masks as they are walking to the field from the parking lot.

Folks, there is hope -- I counted, and fewer than 10% of people there were wearing masks. Even people I know personally who (in my opinion) really overreact to this stuff, did not keep their masks on.

No matter how fearful people are, there is still common sense. We're outdoors, and covid is a threat to people on the sidelines but not the players, who, by the way, are bumping into each other and not social distancing during the games. No matter whether people are wearing masks in stores or not, I know that most of them don't believe in this.

I am hopeful. I'm sad that more people aren't pushing back, but this wasn't a pushback today -- this was just normalcy. I asked people if they were concerned about what would happen if they didn't wear a mask and they were all concerned that the league might ban parents, or shut down a game, etc.

But not one person, NOT ONE, said they were concerned with getting the virus.

Tells you everything.

Seadog

Kingfisher
Anyone tried pretending they don't understand enforcers when confronted? It really is difficult to understand people in masks and might add a hilarious dimension to the whole situation if you do it all the time.

Some idiot did call me out for going the wrong way down one of those one way aisles. I just looked at them with a loook of minor shame and said "Oh, I'm sorry, I can't read or write". I think it was a line in the back of my head from an old SNL celebrity Jeopardy, but the look on their face was priceless. They knew it was bullshit, but we're way to hesitant to call me out on it on the off chance it was true.

Sam Malone

Ostrich
Gold Member
Some idiot did call me out for going the wrong way down one of those one way aisles. I just looked at them with a loook of minor shame and said "Oh, I'm sorry, I can't read or write". I think it was a line in the back of my head from an old SNL celebrity Jeopardy, but the look on their face was priceless. They knew it was bullshit, but we're way to hesitant to call me out on it on the off chance it was true.

Horus

Ostrich
Gold Member
I need to calm down when people challenge me about my mask, or make smug condescending comments. I've been a little too feisty with my reactions lately. While it's fun to watch their reactions, which is usually nothing but stunned silence, I need to learn to smile and walk on. It's not good for the soul to constantly engage in petty unnecessary hostilities with your fellow man.

Amwolf

...I mask up, but I also didn't push the issue in the courtroom (mostly based on the nature of my reasons for being there in the first place).

This is logical as how you handle this type of situation would greatly depend on why you're in court. If the reason(s) had anything to do with Constitutionalism or other ideological concerns that are in tune with those found throughout the Dissident Right, I'd refuse to wear a mask or shield -- even if it meant being charged with Contempt of Court. This would be a good opportunity for martyrdom and to make a statement in the public domain. However, it's a completely different story if you're trying to have a citation or some other non-related offense thrown out.

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
I saw a quote from a 60's CIA study that said if you constantly bombard people with fear based propaganda, after 2 months they no longer listen to reason, no matter how strong the argument.
This is important as time goes on and our initial reasons for resisting are weakened.

One of my biggest problems with the mask was that they specifically told us masks don't work and ordered us NOT to wear masks, as it could actually make us more sickly. I'm no more tolerant of masking today, but that specific argument feels like it doesn't even matter anymore, where at the time it was a huge point I would bring up to others.

The same with the "flattening of the curve". Weren't we supposed to stay bunkered in our homes for 14 days? What ever happened to that? Is anyone going to bother explaining why we are now in month 6 or 7 but we never got new orders other than"hang tight for 14 days" ?

For a while I even felt some mild fear from some of the stories about young people who ignored the virus and now they are dead or dying. If they bombard you with enough fear and, more importantly, repetition, then you will forget your original reasoning and most will break down and comply.

I finally caved after 15+ years of avoiding the naked irradiating body scanners at the airport. Face masks are required at the airport, and it was just too much for me to wear a fake mask but try to resist the fake body scanner, so I just caved and got scanned. It will be very easy for me to just mimic all the other idiots and get irradiated every time I travel from now on. And then, if they're already making me partially disrobe, and x-raying my body, can I even raise a legitimate concern that I don't also want to be vaccinated? It's hard to draw the line when you have already given up your privacy and autonomy.

Just remember it is more important to stick to your plan of resistance as a matter of principle, than a matter of argument or rational. Because they will slowly wear away at your argument. You don't want to wear the mask because it's a free country? OK try telling yourself that after every business except the local grocer is shut down for 6 months and you're not allowed to travel or work. They will slowly chip away at your arguments, so just remember to make a pledge now and then stick to your guns.

I am not getting the vaccine. I would sooner illegally cross the Mexican border and catch a plane flight from Tijuana to a foreign nation before I'll let them jab me.

Seadog

Kingfisher
I need to calm down when people challenge me about my mask, or make smug condescending comments. I've been a little too feisty with my reactions lately. While it's fun to watch their reactions, which is usually nothing but stunned silence, I need to learn to smile and walk on. It's not good for the soul to constantly engage in petty unnecessary hostilities with your fellow man.

The best reaction to aggression is rarely a push back in kind. That just makes both parties dig in their heels, escalate, and double, then triple down. My above "I can't read or write" comment is one example, but a far better one is from an acquaintance of mine in a group I volunteer with. He has pretty bad PTSD from seeing his buddies blown up in Afghanistan, so he doesn't wear one since the claustrophobia makes him paranoid and a "wee bit too hyper-alert". Psych certs and everything. Although I haven't seen him do it, were someone to call him out on no mask, and he were to calmly explain that situation to them, I'm sure they would feel like the biggest asses in the world. I'm not saying to lie about being a war affected vet, but the lesson stands.

Or maybe not. Someone who tries to build themselves up by enforcing arbitrary rules on others may in their head just default to "I vas just enforcing ze rules!" and fully absolve themselves. People who make such broad assumptions of people, and are prepared to angrily call them on it are ignorant in the extreme.

But for the good of your head, it doesn't do any good to get worked up and get angry at idiots.

Yesterday guys im waitin for my elevator and someone from above was going down it opened on my floor they freaked out and went ughhhhhfffff and grabbed all their laundry and got off on my floor and were like ILL WAIT and let me go. They almost tripped over themselves trying to get out ASAP while holding all laundry and looked at me like i was the boogyman from the scariest movie of the year. Being that she was so old the trip up she almost had when she bolted out with all her stuff would have probably injured her more than the virus scare has all year. It happened so fast i was in my own thoughts and elevator came and she bolted and i would have let her go and wait for the next one being she was an elderly woman. At same time elderly or not why should i play pretend with her. Why should i pretend im sick so she can feel safe riding in the elevator. At least we both thought we were in a horror movie.
Oh, come on—if there’s one thing that’s pretty well established it’s that seniors and those with certain pre-existing conditions ARE at high risk for serious consequences if exposed to the virus. And how do you know you’re not carrying it? (And how would your neighbor know you’re not?)

Is frightening and intimidating elderly women really the Christian thing to do? Is it an effective way to win converts to our point of view on the important issues? Or does it just make US look like the assholes?

RWIsrael

Woodpecker
The UK has published a proposal which basically loosens restrictions for administering vaccinations, as well as promoting unauthorised vaccinations that haven't been fully tested (if I understand correctly ).
They are asking for feedback from us common people, which sets off my spider sense.

The cynic in me says that at best, this legislation is tailored to a specific pharmaceutical company who is lobbying to get approval from the government, and the request for feedback is just for show.
At worst, this is the beginning of the push to make the vaccinations mandatory (as a condition to attend school for example) and remove liability from the manufacturers and distributors for any negative effects.

barrythecyborg

Woodpecker
... The same with the "flattening of the curve". Weren't we supposed to stay bunkered in our homes for 14 days? What ever happened to that? Is anyone going to bother explaining why we are now in month 6 or 7 but we never got new orders other than"hang tight for 14 days" ?

Right?

How is that alone not enough for people to say 'Hold up?? THEY"VE BEEN LYING!!!!'...

Or Irag/WMD...

Or planes/911/pentagon.

It's fucking unreal, and I no longer have sympathy.

godfather dust

Ostrich
Gold Member
Oh, come on—if there’s one thing that’s pretty well established it’s that seniors and those with certain pre-existing conditions ARE at high risk for serious consequences if exposed to the virus. And how do you know you’re not carrying it? (And how would your neighbor know you’re not?)

Is frightening and intimidating elderly women really the Christian thing to do? Is it an effective way to win converts to our point of view on the important issues? Or does it just make US look like the assholes?

At this point I refuse to believe in "asymptomatic carriers."

"You aren't sick but you actually have ebola/AIDS/bubonic plague" is nonsense.

RomikJan

Sparrow

Where did i frighten the already terrified frightened lady. Did you not read the whole thing of me saying it happened so fast before i could say anything she bolted out of elevator like a total nutcase. I even stated that i felt horrible and that i would have let her go had she said anything. She bolted thats her call, i dont need to play pretend with her. I know i dont have it because its not real. You want to play pretend go right ahead.

Parabola

Sparrow
At the weekend I went to a party with about 30 friends, some loser down the street called the police but the officer said we weren't doing anything wrong and to enjoy our evening.

What was also encouraging was that even though a lot of people at the party are bluepilled normies none of them seem to care at all about masks or social distancing anymore.

Where I am at least, everyone I know is over it and just wants to live their lives again, making most of the rules completely unenforceable if it weren't for creepy informants.

barrythecyborg

Woodpecker
At this point I refuse to believe in "asymptomatic carriers."

"You aren't sick but you actually have ebola/AIDS/bubonic plague" is nonsense.

When you think about it
At the weekend I went to a party with about 30 friends, some loser down the street called the police but the officer said we weren't doing anything wrong and to enjoy our evening.

What was also encouraging was that even though a lot of people at the party are bluepilled normies none of them seem to care at all about masks or social distancing anymore.

Where I am at least, everyone I know is over it and just wants to live their lives again, making most of the rules completely unenforceable if it weren't for creepy informants.

The rules ARE unenforcable... but barely anyone has the balls to put them to the test.

This past week I went to the beach with some friends to go surfing. I was expecting everybody to be all uptight about covid and mask-wearing because this beach tends to be blue-pilled. The guy who worked at the place we rented surfboards from had his mask down the whole time and didn't care that we didn't have masks. A few workers at the place we ate at didn't have masks either. Overall, it was a pretty awesome experience to see that a lot of people have woken up to the lie, even if it is just subconsciously. I think people are tired of the lie and as more time passes, I believe more people will wake up to the truth.