Resisting against coronavirus laws

NoFunInAus

Woodpecker
A paper bag with a slogan is still a good method. Technically it's a mask so any Gestapo can fuck off but at the same time it ridicules the current situation very well. Never underestimate the power of humour, even in a tragic situation.

Sorry man, but here in this shit-hole you now need to wear a MEDICAL mask ANYTIME when you have a VALID REASON to leave your home. 110% compliance, it disgusts me, makes me want to do things I've never imagined before.

We are such a small group it's not even funny and these echo chambers are not helping us, even though we need them to stay sane.

ilostabet

Pelican
The Portuguese government just did a huge bait-n-switch: they declared state of calamity, so a bunch of measures from Spring were put back in place. But they also proposed two new ones: mandatory installation of government tracking app and mandatory mask wearing whenever outside. Everyone is discussing the obviously unenforceable and ridiculous app measure, and no one talking about the much more insidious and damaging mask everywhere measure. I'm pretty sure the mask everywhere will become law - already too many people doing it voluntarily anyway. I guess I'll join the choir here and say that these days it's getting harder to deal with this stuff - not the government and the media, that's to be expected, but the people buying into all this. Tired.

Wreckingball

Pelican
The Portuguese government just did a huge bait-n-switch: they declared state of calamity, so a bunch of measures from Spring were put back in place. But they also proposed two new ones: mandatory installation of government tracking app and mandatory mask wearing whenever outside. Everyone is discussing the obviously unenforceable and ridiculous app measure, and no one talking about the much more insidious and damaging mask everywhere measure. I'm pretty sure the mask everywhere will become law - already too many people doing it voluntarily anyway. I guess I'll join the choir here and say that these days it's getting harder to deal with this stuff - not the government and the media, that's to be expected, but the people buying into all this. Tired.
My facebook feed is full of people worshipping masks. Fortunately others are not buying into the crap.
I just tell them to look at Spain and Italy and see how masks don't work

Zagor

Robin
I've met up with an old girlfriend that i stayed in touch with and we went to a coffee shop. I see she's about to put the mask on and i'm like 'what are you doing' and she's like oh these new rules, we've got to wear masks inside, I don't wan't any trouble'. I simply said while you're in my company you're not wearing a mask. And as it stands, the frame was still there.

Amwolf

Robin
I was the only one waiting on line at the store to get a new cell phone, standing on one of the spots where you are suppose to line up. Some guy comes up and goes to the front of the store. I tell him that the line is over here. He says “don’t worry you are first, I am 6 feet away”. I said, “I don’t care about that”. He said “well you should, and your mask isn’t correct, it should be over your nose”. He then says “I am a nurse” and starts giving a pious speech about people not wearing masks causing all the problems. The store guy then comes out and this guy immediately says he needs a cable. Then the store clerk says “can I serve him first, he just needs a cable”. So this prick jumps ahead of me which is what he intended all along. I felt like punching him out. He also looked Jewish. Unfortunately, the neighborhood I live in is liberal. I am moving.
You shouldn't have worn a mask in the first place. Tell them all to f-off.

acco

Kingfisher
also available

wojak

Pigeon
I had lunch with coworkers earlier this week. We met up outside the restaurant, and I nonchalantly stated that I didn't bring a mask and that hopefully the restaurant would let it slide. One of my coworkers mentioned he had a bunch of extra masks in his car, and he could go grab me one. I tried to dissuade him and play down the authority of the "mandate," but he insisted and went off running to his car to grab me one. I went along with it, since I didn't want to sperg out in the company of coworkers. I wore the mask through the front door and then, as we sat outside, immediately took it off. Some of my coworkers were wearing the masks during the pre-meal conversation as we were sitting around, and I noticed one person's hands were completely raw and bloody from obsessive hand washing (too much washing with soap had stripped their hands of all oil/moisture, and after adding in alcohol-based hand sanitizer and the cool fall wind, their hands were completely torn to shreds). As if bleeding everywhere isn't about the most unsanitary thing you could do...

Anyway, today I've been sneezing and feel just a little bit congested. I'd like to attribute it to the changing of the weather, but I can't shake the thought that putting my coworker's mask on my mouth and nose exposed me to more pathogens than I would otherwise have been exposed to. Who knows if he had used that mask before, or if that mask had been in contact with used masks? Did I just get smallpox blanketed?

homersheineken

Kingfisher
If you wear a mask, this is a good one.

I'd like it better if it said:
"I'm Wearing this for you FUCK FACE"

Seems more descriptive (being the face and all; and you're fucking with it) and more insulting (being the point).

Mountaineer

Kingfisher
Gold Member
None of the official solutions are real solutions, they are only methods of oppression so don't expect anything advertised from them.

It's all intimidation, if people used their own judgement instead of letting the government think for them...

Sherman

Ostrich
I'd like it better if it said:
"I'm Wearing this for you FUCK FACE"

Seems more descriptive (being the face and all; and you're fucking with it) and more insulting (being the point).

I'm sure someone somewhere is selling it.

barrythecyborg

Woodpecker
One thing I'm noticing here in Estonia (over Belarus) is a huge uptick in moronity (is that a word?)...

Especially idiots from central Europe.

These sad cunts are knee-deep in Kool-aid, and over hearing their globish chat is unbearable;

"I just got my test results back... all clear"

"Yeah, I don't HAVE it, but I guess I could be asymptomatic... I'm in contact with so many people..."

"I mean, I'M not scared, I just don't want to give it to my Grandma..."

Kill me.

EndlessGravity

Kingfisher
My church has about a 98% compliance rate with masks. (The congregation has been slowly letting up with how long they wear them and whether they're distancing too. Crazily, people were masking and distancing at the start).

I happen to go to our men's meeting on Thursday. Zero masks. These are the same men in the regular service on Sundays.

You can probably draw reasonable conclusions from this.