Riots Lounge thread

CynicalContrarian

Peacock
Gold Member
Bandwagon banality.
Guess the trend has already died off too much for the social media crowd to care...

'They show up when they want 100 Instagram likes': Black Lives Matter protesters SLAM 'shameful' low turnout at protest weeks after tens of thousands stormed the streets
  • Weeks ago, tens of thousands took to the streets after George Floyd's death
  • But on Saturday less than a thousand people showed out in Brisbane
  • Organisers were disheartened as 30,000 people marched just weeks ago
  • 'It was okay for people to come out here and want to be a part of it when they were chasing a hundred likes on Instagram,' said Ruby Wharton

Radoste

Pigeon
Guess the trend has already died off too much for the social media crowd to care...
What did they expect? People addicted to novelty were never going to dedicate their lives to the outrage of the month, especially if it meant spending all of their free time complaining on behalf of other people. It's important to remember that these "protesters" are all essentially undisciplined hedonists. The experience of participating in a protest was just a novel experience for a lot of them. It was a fun outing, a bucket list item, or an opportunity to mine likes. You do it once, tell yourself you're a good person, and go back to your favorite electronic distraction.

kazz

Kingfisher
I watched these guys protest here, the public were really against it, They were chanting "always was always will be Aboriginal land". We should give it back I guess?

CynicalContrarian

Peacock
Gold Member
What did they expect? People addicted to novelty were never going to dedicate their lives to the outrage of the month, especially if it meant spending all of their free time complaining on behalf of other people. It's important to remember that these "protesters" are all essentially undisciplined hedonists. The experience of participating in a protest was just a novel experience for a lot of them. It was a fun outing, a bucket list item, or an opportunity to mine likes. You do it once, tell yourself you're a good person, and go back to your favorite electronic distraction.
Not to mention, straight after China virus quarantines.
Had there been no travel restrictions or quarantine measures. Doubt there would have been as much built up angst to vent.
Now that their angst has been vented in some fashion & they can largely return to their hedonistic pursuits post quarantine measures.
No surprise the rioters are down in number.

Otherwise.
A rather particular caveat about the two Useless Idiots struck on the Seattle roadway the other night :

@WWG1WGAUSA
What are the chances their names are “Summer” and the other is “Love” (summer of love?) strange......Misguided souls

Last edited:

ginsu

Robin
Oh Lordy...

The Fortnight folk decided to go woke by having a live BLM inspired video playing in the game. Van Jones et al.

That otherwise silly video game my 10 & 12 year old nephews like to play.

The Fortnight folk forgot or didn't take the 'tomato vending machine' away though... :sneaky:

for sure that tomato machine was there intentionally, brilliant way of the devs getting back at the higher ups for forcing them to bring politics into the game.

La Águila Negra

Kingfisher
That's probably not a recent video. I think I've seen it before

The story back then was that that woman is not a woman.. Yep it's a tranny

Muslims don't like trannies and gays, nor kaffirs. Harassment has become the norm in all immigrant heavy cities and neighbourhoods

It's always interesting though to see who ranks higher on the oppression ladder. It seems this time the Berbers won!

CynicalContrarian

Peacock
Gold Member
That's probably not a recent video. I think I've seen it before
The story back then was that that woman is not a woman.. Yep it's a tranny
Muslims don't like trannies and gays, nor kaffirs. Harassment has become the norm in all immigrant heavy cities and neighbourhoods
It's always interesting though to see who ranks higher on the oppression ladder. It seems this time the Berbers won!
Yeah, the one thought I had was. Are we sure that's a chick...?