Church ROCOR

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox

Hermetic Seal

Pelican
Orthodox
Gold Member
It's interesting to me that the survey didn't have clear information on the Antiochian archdiocese considering that they're more numerous than ROCOR, but fascinating statistics nonetheless.

I only know of 3-4 people, at most, from my (ROCOR) parish that (probably) got Coofid. Don't know of anybody who died.

It's almost like there is actual power in going to Church and partaking of the Eucharist.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
@LaurenWitzke: Obviously, this is untrue.
Women aren’t allowed in the ROCOR seminary “training camp.”

8277c5f1ba343e1f.jpeg

Guy is spreading disinformation & lies about Lauren Witzke & ROCOR. His Twitter thread is a cesspool.

OrthoLeaf

Sparrow
Orthodox
All these graphs perfectly fit my experience as well. I even actively lived out both figures 2 and 12, by leaving OCA and joining ROCOR where I would finally be baptized into the faith. My former OCA parish just recently came back to in-person services (as if there is any other kind), for the third time, and my first thought was: "Oh yeah, the rest of the churches were still in lockdown this whole time." (We had a third lockdown in my province, "coincidentally" beginning the Monday of Holy Week and only being relaxed if enough people took the stabbie - both of which were exactly what I said would happen months ago at my former parish, but was scoffed at.) Some good news however is that a former parishioner has reached out to me and seems to be far more inclined to believe in the things I was saying months ago. When he found out that we quietly continued with our pascha service, despite the lockdown, I could see the hurt in his eyes when he relayed to me their "drive-by" communion substitution.

Thank God for ROCOR.

Sol Invictus

Sparrow
Orthodox Catechumen
My own short experience so far in ROCOR aligns with what everyone else is mentioning here. Neither the mission in my own town nor the parish in the larger city that I attend (both currently administered by the same priest) has practiced any kinds of COVID restrictions and have no intentions of doing so.

thetruewhitenorth

Kingfisher
Orthodox
As a native russian speaker, I listen to various russian priests, my favorite being Andrei Tkatchev.

And I listened to many protestant and catholic priests/believers. At this point, I dont want to spend a second of my time on protestantism

I still find many catholics to be quite based (like Michael E Jones), especially compared to most protestants.

But, listening to Russian Orthodox priests is completely different experience. Usually, they dont sugar coat things or trying to be liked and appease as many people as possible.

They are quite straightforward, unforgiving toward sins and have high expectations from Orthodox Christians.

Also, most of them are well aware what we're up against.

Slim Whitman

Sparrow
Woops. Join ROCOR they said. It's not pozzed like the others they said. Meanwhile at my Baptist church there is absolutely no mention of a return to facemasks, no mention of the Delta variant, no promotion of vaccines. It would seem that no single denomination is exempt from globohomo when enough social pressure is applied.

RussianOrthodoxVaccinePromo27.png

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
Woops. Join ROCOR they said. It's not pozzed like the others they said. Meanwhile at my Baptist church there is absolutely no mention of a return to facemasks, no mention of the Delta variant, no promotion of vaccines. It would seem that no single denomination is exempt from globohomo when enough social pressure is applied.

View attachment 32575
This was already discussed on the forum. One bishop shared an opinion that was misconstrued by the press. His opinion is not the position of the Church.
Ask yourself why you were so giddy to agree with this false news... what falsity did it give you ease to remain in?

Slim Whitman

Sparrow
This was already discussed on the forum. One bishop shared an opinion that was misconstrued by the press. His opinion is not the position of the Church.
That's good to know. I wasn't giddy, but maybe jumped the gun a bit on sharing something from Disclose.TV without researching it further. I am relieved if it is not the official position.

what falsity did it give you ease to remain in?

A data point showing that patriarchs/popes/bishops and other church leaders are not infallible no matter what denomination or sect they belong to. Is that a falsity though? There is a fair amount of mudslinging based on this premise and I disagree that any one man or group of men is going to be free from errors in judgement. Even the bible itself was written by men who were prone to errors just like every other human. Divinely inspired, yes. But totally free from misinterpretations or erroneous presumptions? That part is hard for me to accept. I can't think of a single religious denomination on earth that hasn't made at least one serious misstep, but that doesn't prevent me from having faith in God.

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
A data point showing that patriarchs/popes/bishops and other church leaders are not infallible no matter what denomination or sect they belong to. Is that a falsity though?
Good thing the Orthodox Catholic Church has never believed in the infallibility of a bishop. I'm really curious how you and @Psalm27 both chimed in minutes apart with the same screencap and are intent on attacking the Moscow Patriarchate over several posts.

Sol Invictus

Sparrow
Orthodox Catechumen
@Slim Whitman: Why did you select Orthodox in your profile when you earlier said "my Baptist church"?
He's obviously not Orthodox.

Judging from his posts in that thread, he's more interested in choosing a church based on their response to COVID and "globohomo issues" than by any more important metric, such as theology or its historical validity.

lskdfjldsf

Pelican
Orthodox Catechumen
Gold Member
@Roosh Would adding tags for other denominations help fix this? It seems like some users add it just for credibility. It's obviously an Orthodox-centered forum but it might eliminate the "high status" effect.

Sol Invictus

Sparrow
Orthodox Catechumen
@Roosh Would adding tags for other denominations help fix this? It seems like some users add it just for credibility. It's obviously an Orthodox-centered forum but it might eliminate the "high status" effect.
I second this, at least in the context of adding "Catholic" and "Protestant" tags. It would be helpful to be able to see this when replying to posts made both here and in other parts of the forum.

Hermetic Seal

Pelican
Orthodox
Gold Member
Not to mention that the Moscow Patriarchate and ROCOR operate fairly independently of each other... even if Moscow pushed some pro-vax policy, that doesn't mean anybody in ROCOR agrees or has to pursue the same thing.

Slim Whitman

Sparrow
@Slim Whitman: Why did you select Orthodox in your profile when you earlier said "my Baptist church"?

I am still trying to find a church that fits well and I haven't made up my mind yet. When I filled out my profile I was intent on joining an Ortho congregation, so I asked questions about it here and learned that ROCOR or AOC would probably be best for me. Unfortunately there are a lot of Coptic, Ethiopian and Greek congregations near me but none of those two. The nearest one is an AOC about an hour and a half away, and to be honest it doesn't look outstanding judging by the photos of the congregation. Meanwhile, you can hardly throw a stone without hitting a protestant church around here, so I have gone to a nearby Baptist service several times to see if I liked it, and so far it has been good. But my mind is still not settled, as I am exploring the faith after many years absence. No intent to deceive anyone I just hadn't even remembered that I had that label on my profile until I saw it today.

Slim Whitman

Sparrow
Good thing the Orthodox Catholic Church has never believed in the infallibility of a bishop. I'm really curious how you and @Psalm27 both chimed in minutes apart with the same screencap and are intent on attacking the Moscow Patriarchate over several posts.
Attacking? Wow, that's pretty strong language. And accusing me of being a sneaky guy with two different profiles? um...ok.
I simply made a comment on the ubiquity of globohomo, with the words of a church leader to back it up. I didn't put those words in his mouth. I've seen people say all kinds of unsavory things about other Orthodox denominations, and about Catholics and Protestants, with no one jumping on their case like this. Not a good impression, tbh. If you can't freely critique ideas what's the point of being on a forum?