Roger Moore dead at 89

the high

Woodpecker
Despite being the third Bond he was actually the oldest of them all; he's the first Bond to go. RIP.

Mr. D

Pelican
Gold Member
Godspeed, Simon Templar.

As much as I loved watching Moore-era Bond movies, I dare claim "The Saint" was a better fit for Mr. Moore.

He made driving a Volvo look cool, for fucks sake... :D

IveBeenFramed

Kingfisher
I wouldn't consider him the best Bond in a pure sense of the character, but he was the most fun and less serious of all the Bond portrayals. That alone had a quality all its own and made those 70s era 007 movies enjoyable to watch.

porscheguy

Ostrich
Bond from a time when bond films were shot on location, without cgi. When the movies didn't take themselves too serious.

stugatz

Kingfisher
My least favorite Bond by quite a bit (does anyone really count Lazenby?) but Spy Who Loved Me is one of the better Bond outings, I think...and who can hate Moonraker?

Splord

Robin
Gold Member
Mr. D said:
Godspeed, Simon Templar.

As much as I loved watching Moore-era Bond movies, I dare claim "The Saint" was a better fit for Mr. Moore.

He made driving a Volvo look cool, for fucks sake... :D
I agree on that, he was also great playing the "humorous and tough" role in the "Persuaders" (great theme by John Barry btw), more fitting there than the Bond films in my opinion.

With his very last Bond movie "A View to a Kill", he stepped out of his Bond role in an absolutely classy manner. Sure those older Bond movies didn't always take themselves totally seriously, but that was part of why they're still watchable today.

Those are the kind of movies a boy should grow up watching, they subtlety infuse a whole lot of red pill ideas.

AlphaRN

Woodpecker
My third favorite Bond, which is still better than 90% of every other movie character and actors. You can tell he had a great time playing the role. He took it far less seriously than any of the others, but in a good way. Rest easy 007.

Teutatis

Pelican
Gold Member
I liked him too, had a great sense of humor and didn't take himself too seriously. I still like The Saint.