Roosh Hour #63 – God’s Judgment

ben1

Sparrow
Another important consideration is that the prayers of godly people are often the salvation of the wicked.

Remember how Abram pleaded with God for the salvation of Sodom on the basis of righteous men living there. God would have spared them had there been the number of righteous men that he plead for. (Genesis 18)

Remember also how God had intended to destroy the Israelites but Moses stood in the gap and prayed (Exodus 32:10).

We ought to plead with God to save our nation, praying for God to spare the righteous in Christ, and also praying that he would convert many and grant them repentance (Acts 5:31, 11:18)

An0dyne

Robin
What is your "sign of Jonah" equivalent?

In that story, I always found it both funny and odd that Jonah was mad that God didn't destroy them. He even asks him at the end when the worm eats the plant that gave him shade, "Why you so salty, Jonah? I bring forth cerain things and take them out. That's my business."
The true sign of Jonah is the death and resurrection of Christ. This nation was once Christian, knows the Christian truth, and has rejected it on a cultural level.

LonelyDn

Chicken
Note on Roosh's comment about meditation:

In Genesis 24:63, we are told that Isaac meditated.
In Psalm 1 we are told that the man who meditates on God's law day and night is like a tree planted by steams of water.

Christians do meditate, but we do not empty our minds but rather fill them up with God's truth and worshipful thoughts.
Orthodox perspectives on yoga and meditation: https://pravoslavie.ru/80417.html

Salocin

Robin
Another important consideration is that the prayers of godly people are often the salvation of the wicked.

Remember how Abram pleaded with God for the salvation of Sodom on the basis of righteous men living there. God would have spared them had there been the number of righteous men that he plead for. (Genesis 18)

Remember also how God had intended to destroy the Israelites but Moses stood in the gap and prayed (Exodus 32:10).

We ought to plead with God to save our nation, praying for God to spare the righteous in Christ, and also praying that he would convert many and grant them repentance (Acts 5:31, 11:18)
Yes!

When I notice myself start judging others, or thinking how someone deserves punishment not only do I think of my own sins, but I also think how much better it would be for them to see the error of their ways, turn away from evil, and begin seeking the Kingdom of God.

Would them not repenting and being saved by the Grace of God through Jesus Christ not be so much better?!? It would be beautiful! It would be miraculous!

So instead of having thoughts of vengeance, I pray for them to be delivered from evil, and be given a new heart.

I've said it before, but if God can forgive someone, who am I to judge?

A Sinner

Chicken
I am an Orthodox Christian. I am not liberal. I am not gay. I am a sinner, as we all are, but I do not parade my sins about. This live stream of Roosh was the first one I have watched. I am disgusted. I am not from Heaven, but I speak with the authority which is granted to me from the One Holy and Apostolic Church.

This man, Roosh, speaks neither for God nor for his church. He, like the Antichrist who is to come, leads men astray. They believe that they are being lead to spiritual truth; even to the Orthodox Church -- but they are deceived. Like the Antichrist, what he says may seem good on the outside but on the inside is detestable. He speaks out against fornication, big government -- he even called on the name of Jesus Christ. But what he says about Jews is grotesque. How he speaks of killing sinners is barbarism and is, surprisingly, the dictation of Satan.

Roosh does a great disservice to the Name of God by his mischaracterizations and perversions on God's Will.

He is no Christian.

Leave his site before you, too, are deceived. I almost was, but thankfully was able to see through this falsity. That is why I hope that this message, lowly and from a sinner, may not be disregarded. God save us.

I am an Orthodox Christian. I am not liberal. I am not gay. I am a sinner, as we all are, but I do not parade my sins about. This live stream of Roosh was the first one I have watched. I am disgusted. I am not from Heaven, but I speak with the authority which is granted to me from the One Holy and Apostolic Church.

This man, Roosh, speaks neither for God nor for his church. He, like the Antichrist who is to come, leads men astray. They believe that they are being lead to spiritual truth; even to the Orthodox Church -- but they are deceived. Like the Antichrist, what he says may seem good on the outside but on the inside is detestable. He speaks out against fornication, big government -- he even called on the name of Jesus Christ. But what he says about Jews is grotesque. How he speaks of killing sinners is barbarism and is, surprisingly, the dictation of Satan.

Roosh does a great disservice to the Name of God by his mischaracterizations and perversions on God's Will.

He is no Christian.

Leave his site before you, too, are deceived. I almost was, but thankfully was able to see through this falsity. That is why I hope that this message, lowly and from a sinner, may not be disregarded. God save us.
Lol have you read through the Bible?

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
Yes!

When I notice myself start judging others, or thinking how someone deserves punishment not only do I think of my own sins, but I also think how much better it would be for them to see the error of their ways, turn away from evil, and begin seeking the Kingdom of God.

Would them not repenting and being saved by the Grace of God through Jesus Christ not be so much better?!? It would be beautiful! It would be miraculous!

So instead of having thoughts of vengeance, I pray for them to be delivered from evil, and be given a new heart.

I've said it before, but if God can forgive someone, who am I to judge?

Amen. I’m on another forum. We have a prayer thread going for Biden & Associates’ salvation. It’s not easy, and I feel I’m wasting prayer time that could be spent on those who “deserve” it. I don’t think any of them care about eternity or doing good, but I don’t see their hearts.

Blade Runner

Pelican
Lol have you read through the Bible?
I'd be interested to know what he claims is grotesque and incorrect. We can all be wrong about things, and this forum is a place where you can bring such things up, reprove or correct any error if it is there. So if you are out there, a Sinner, what specifically are you saying? The qualms that you have in that post are vague, but I'm willing to hear them and entertain that any of us can be in error, certainly. My gut feeling is that you maybe are missing quite a few details and nuances of what someone's position might be.

ben1

Sparrow

He is no Christian.

I am an Orthodox Reformed Presbyterian with no intentions of becoming Eastern Orthodox. But this rebuke is pretty worthless because it does not have any actual claims or evidence to it.

FactusIRX

Kingfisher

He is no Christian.

Who are these people

Joe316

Robin
Its kinda a catch 22 here. Get rid of the PUA degeneracy but be infiltrated with holier than though folks at times. This is of course the risk of getting your spiritual fulfilment from an internet forum.

Some people are Internet converts, who essentially moved from the PUA/Jordan Peterson hype to the next thing.

I met many great Christians from many denominations in person, showing the fruit of the Spirit. None of them are like these online holy crusaders.

messaggera

Woodpecker
Woman
Like the Antichrist, what he says may seem good on the outside but on the inside is detestable. He speaks out against fornication, big government -- he even called on the name of Jesus Christ. But what he says about Jews is grotesque.

Why do these type of individuals continue to carry water for the Revelation 2:9 and 3:9 Jews?

How he speaks of killing sinners is barbarism

As an unapologetic Christian I pray to God to protect the children from these types and all evil presented.

Matthew 18:6

But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

Luke 17:1-2

And he said to his disciples, “Temptations to sin are sure to come, but woe to the one through whom they come! It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were cast into the sea than that he should cause one of these little ones to sin.

Children are a gift from God; to have such a blessing brings us closer to Him.