Roosh Hour #66 – Gay Terror Month

get2choppaaa

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Again, no evidence for this statement.
The right wing wants to make you think guns are doing something to keep the "gummint in check" the same way the left wing wants you to think its education/indoctrination system is making people smarter or its global warming laws are making your air or water cleaner. It's an illogical trope, such as killing people abroad in foreign countries, overthrowing their governments, and bombing their roads, bridges, schools and hospitals will somehow make you "safe." There is no evidence for any of these assertations, and often there is evidence to the contrary.

There is zero evidence of weaponry being effective in overcoming a powerful state. Maybe a hundred years ago or so, but not today. A gun today is the equivalent of a sword a hundred years ago. There is, however, plenty of evidence to the contrary: That possessing even normal weapons such as guns and light arms will get you killed, as in Waco, Ruby Ridge, etc. Even guys like that Belgian Rambo dude, who may be inspiring on a personal note, are not going to bring about any change. If anything, he will only further militarize the Belgian state.

Read John Perkins "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" and you will see the power of the state is rarely in its overt violence. But when it needs overt violence it won't hesitate to use it and no amount of guns are any deterrent to that.
There was a pretty effective standoff between the bureau of land management and the Bundy's.... regarding ranch land...

You might also note the Taliban/Al Queda' and their ability to quagmire the United States and Trillions of Dollars of the .mil industrial complex.

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant
It's not cowardice. There's nothing you can do or say to make these people stop. This is how they want to live, like animals rolling around in their own filth, and they're convinced that this lifestyle is virtuous and good. They won't listen to you no matter what you say. Even if Jesus Christ came and talked to them in person, they wouldn't listen.
You misunderstood whom I was referring to.

I was referring to those whom profess Christ whom hide behind pietism, as a cowardly excuse in avoiding being biblically proactive against evil in all areas of life.

mountainaire

Robin
Orthodox Inquirer
Bumping this. Prayers for everyone as we navigate this month that is designed to be an assault on our senses, and an insult to everything good and holy. In the end Christ reigns supreme. Let us grow as Christians, strengthen our faith and fellowship as we are confronted with the open displays of evil and degeneracy that gay terror month brings.

Last edited:

Akaky Akakievitch

Robin
Orthodox Catechumen
Bumping this. Prayers for everyone as we navigate this month that is designed to be an assault on our senses, and an insult to everything good and holy. In the end Christ reigns supreme. Let us grow as Christians, strengthen our faith and fellowship as we are confronted with the open displays of evil and degeneracy that gay terror month brings.

Watching it this evening. It is Roosh Hour no. #66, and today is the sixth day of the sixth month... the evil is palpable :alien:

You could copy and paste many events from last June/July, very similar trends this year. It is only getting worse.

My boss at work is a homosexual. I wonder: how does one deal with homosexual work colleagues? Is it a sin to be friendly with them just to get by day-to-day? Is it an affront to God when we do so? Should we leave and find another job? I'm looking for another job anyway for other reasons, but I wonder if it's considered sinful to work alongside homosexuals.

Aboulia

Kingfisher
Orthodox
My boss at work is a homosexual. I wonder: how does one deal with homosexual work colleagues? Is it a sin to be friendly with them just to get by day-to-day? Is it an affront to God when we do so? Should we leave and find another job? I'm looking for another job anyway for other reasons, but I wonder if it's considered sinful to work alongside homosexuals.

All people have different inclinations/sins that appeal to them, we have to be aware of ourselves and others to be aware of what provokes them, and as long as you're not leading his mind to sinful thoughts, and you're not forced to approve of the homosexual lifestyle, then I can see no problem. We have to live in the world, and we can't always choose who we have to deal with on a daily basis. We'd be hard pressed to find perfect parish environments, let alone secular work places.

That said, There's no excuse not to be kind to another just because they've fallen prey to the devil. Show compassion to one who's fallen, don't kick them. Whenever the thought comes into your head that you are better than him in any way, Remind yourself of your own sins, Homosexuality didn't stop Fr Seraphim Rose from repenting, but pride stops the devil from repenting.

Akaky Akakievitch

Robin
Orthodox Catechumen
All people have different inclinations/sins that appeal to them, we have to be aware of ourselves and others to be aware of what provokes them, and as long as you're not leading his mind to sinful thoughts, and you're not forced to approve of the homosexual lifestyle, then I can see no problem. We have to live in the world, and we can't always choose who we have to deal with on a daily basis. We'd be hard pressed to find perfect parish environments, let alone secular work places.

That said, There's no excuse not to be kind to another just because they've fallen prey to the devil. Show compassion to one who's fallen, don't kick them. Whenever the thought comes into your head that you are better than him in any way, Remind yourself of your own sins, Homosexuality didn't stop Fr Seraphim Rose from repenting, but pride stops the devil from repenting.

Thank you. My instinct was to be kind and show compassion. I just had a video reel in my mind of Orthodox priests from Georgia protesting pride marches, and thought, "Should i be more militant about this?"

I suppose righteous anger or indignation is justified on occasion but depending on context. To forsake my job for it would be foolish, perhaps. Making a statement in a public protest may be a wiser way to go about it. And yes we are all inclined towards certain sins so we can't allow pride to dictate that my sins are not as bad as someone else's.

Personally I struggled with homosexuality during my formative years, my dad left around 8 years old and mom was bitter about him so she kept me away from him, for good or ill, it's hard to say. He was a pathological liar at the time but not having him around predisposed me to the classic trope of being in a (mostly) fatherless home and having homosexual leanings when growing older. I never acted on any impulses or performed homosexual acts but when I look back, I dodged many bullets in my previous life. I remember many many encounters with homosexuals and it's a miracle I made it through with no perverse sexual acts being committed. I have since departed from those ways and I'm on the path of repentance now but it caused me much confusion over the years, even until fairly recently. Praise God for His infinite mercy and compassion, saving me from a life of corruption and showing me the Way wherein I should walk.

Perhaps it is providence that I'm faced with such a work colleague now as my worldview is transforming, that I may contrast his ways with my own, and bear witness to how a life without God may have turned out for me, had I kept on indulging, not listened to my conscience or ignored God's interventions.